I've just noticed a decrease from $250 to $100 w a 2 year contract from Bell (Ontario Canada). Why? Next generation? Poor sales? Switching to the Silver Edition shape?
    I really want the passport but can wait if there is another phone, besides the Silver Edition, around the corner.
    For some reason, I feel the Silver Edition is gimmicky. Or they are trying to pump the exclusivity and cool factor?
    Do the specs of the SE make it worth the money? Do I go w the $100, 2 year contract?

All responses are appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    08-18-15 05:57 PM
    Phone came out more than 6 months ago, price drop is a pretty standard thing with electronics.

My mom got her Passport through Bell at the same price. Phone is great, it's a good deal. You want it, go for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:05 PM
    If you like the Passport I say go for it. Love mine had it since the launch.
    Rumours are the slider is coming out in a few months maybe you like that one.

No regrets on my daily driver.

As for your other questions, price drop eventually happens supply and demand.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:06 PM
    Thanks, I was hoping to hear it was just a natural price drop.

T

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:07 PM
    Phones always get price drops
    No matter what price you pay upfront, the remnant is subsidized over your contract so there is actually little difference in reality.

The silver edition is said to have a better keyboard typing experience and definitely looks much more sturdy than the original.
    I have the original and always wished I could get the ATT edition actually, the uniform metal all around looks better I find.
    08-18-15 06:11 PM
    I can handle the difference in aesthetics because I'll get a case. It's the typing experience and work horse difference between the original and the SE.
    I'm being a nervous Nelly because I've had my Z10 for 2 years and I love it!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:15 PM
    I've just noticed a decrease from $250 to $100 w a 2 year contract from Bell (Ontario Canada). Why? Next generation? Poor sales? Switching to the Silver Edition shape?
    I really want the passport but can wait if there is another phone, besides the Silver Edition, around the corner.
    For some reason, I feel the Silver Edition is gimmicky. Or they are trying to pump the exclusivity and cool factor?
    Do the specs of the SE make it worth the money? Do I go w the $100, 2 year contract?

All responses are appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Just out of curiosity, have you asked Bell if they're going to be carrying the silver? I'd like to upgrade from the z10 also.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:49 PM
    I haven't but I think I will because of some other threads. It sounds like there are some overall improvements w the SE.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:30 PM
    I just got off the phone w Bell as far as the CSR could see, Bell doesn't have the SE coming. She did say that it's possible the price drop indicates a new phone is coming. She also said they often drop the price to increase sales. Go figure.
    I'm going to make the jump to the PP.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:38 PM
    I just got off the phone w Bell as far as the CSR could see, Bell doesn't have the SE coming. She did say that it's possible the price drop indicates a new phone is coming. She also said they often drop the price to increase sales. Go figure.
    I'm going to make the jump to the PP.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to as well. The thing is I can get a decent credit from Bell. I'm a long time customer and my term is up. I could have probably gotten the silver for a great price.
    I guess unlocked it is, and I'm going to have to fork over all the money upfront.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:44 PM
    I'm going to as well. The thing is I can get a decent credit from Bell. I'm a long time customer and my term is up. I could have probably gotten the silver for a great price.
    I guess unlocked it is, and I'm going to have to fork over all the money upfront.

Posted via CB10
    I would not count on any much of a loyalty credit. More than likely your old contact is a better contact than you can get now.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:49 PM
    The contract doesn't change, but I could get about 100 off a phone which means I could get the original passport for nothing on a 2 year the last time I spoke to them.
    Do you know that from every monthly bill you pay $20 toward that phone. That's 20 x24= 480. Plus what you paid upfront. The thing is you can usually get out of the old contract 2 or 3 months early. So 480-40 or even 60. I feel it might be easier to deal with them also if there are any problems.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:57 PM
    Not always the case as I managed to get a better plan a few months ago than what I had previous. It works better if you BYOD. However, I will say the $100 for a PP for a two year Term is pretty good. Of course I will also tell you the having switched from the OG PP to the SE ...it is worth it alone for the keyboard change.
    08-18-15 08:01 PM
    Not always the case as I managed to get a better plan a few months ago than what I had previous. It works better if you BYOD. However, I will say the $100 for a PP for a two year Term is pretty good. Of course I will also tell you the having switched from the OG PP to the SE ...it is worth it alone for the keyboard change.
    If I get the passport, it will definitely be the SE. It's an awesome looking device. I'd like to have it within the next month. I'm coming from a Z10. It's going to be huge change.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:08 PM
    Great on you posters. Keeping BlackBerry alive.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:33 PM
    Excellent choice ....you won't be disappointed. I moved from z10 to z30 and thought that was big step ...wait until you move to the PP!
    08-18-15 08:36 PM
    The only thing that has stopped me for so long is that Otterbox does not support the PP.
    I work in a pretty tough environment and need the added protection. I've been just holding off, creeping the forums and watching as the new phones are released.
    Neither the Leap or the Classic appeal to me and I don't think I am interested in the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:38 PM
    I just ordered from another carrier with a similar deal, $100 for Passport with $100 credit for moving from month-to-month to 2 year contract. How can you beat a free Passport?

The premise that you pay more with a 2 year contract than with no contract is not always true either as my basic monthly cost will actually go down with very little change in my plan - at least very little that concerns me (from unlimited data to 10 Gb monthly cap [never even came remotely close to using 10 Gb of data with my Z30]).

Anyway, things are looking good for those of us who have been experiencing "Passport envy" over the past year. Go for it!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:52 PM
    Just got a passport.. the best decision I have ever made you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:04 PM
    I just got the Passport from Bell too!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    08-18-15 10:50 PM