Dear Friends! Last month I decided to buy BB Priv device (I want to replace my iPhone 6s Plus) for daily work and use at home, on the road and in office.
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber and Skype for work.
    Now I am using my BlackBerry Priv during 2,5 weeks and I am absolutely not satisfied with this device.
    1) It is much slower than my previous Galaxy Note 5 and Iphone 6s Plus!
    2) BlackBerry Hub is not the same as in BB10 (much slower and less productive, after 5 days I have deleted it);
    3) Less screen space than on Note 5 or 6s plus;
    4) Physical keyboard for me is not so comfortable as on my previous Passport Black.
    5) Three annoying things:
    - slider mechanism is awful (I mean the top panel shakes about the lower)
    - in 20 minutes of use Priv becomes very hot!
    - battery life (sometimes it is 7 hours and sometimes it is 2,5 hours).
    That is why I will try to sell Priv and I do not really know what to buy. I have three varients:
    1) To buy tool phone (I mean for calls, sms, mms, bbm, viber, whatsup, skype, mail) - BlackBerry P9983 or BlackBerry Classic and the second device for all the other work (I mean MS Office, videos, web), for example, Ipad Pro or Surface 3 or new Windows 10 Lenovo x1 tablet or Samsung Tab Pro S (something not very heavy and with integrated LTE).
    2) To buy fast Android device with bigger screen to make all the work on it (Note 5, Huawei Mate 8).
    3) To buy BlackBerry PP SE (Is it really can replace all devices?)
    Thank You!
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    01-06-16 06:18 AM
    Dear Friends! Last month I decided to buy BB Priv device (I want to replace my iPhone 6s Plus) for daily work and use at home, on the road and in office.
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber and Skype for work.
    Now I am using my BlackBerry Priv during 2,5 weeks and I am absolutely not satisfied with this device.
    1) It is much slower than my previous Galaxy Note 5 and Iphone 6s Plus!
    2) BlackBerry Hub is not the same as in BB10 (much slower and less productive, after 5 days I have deleted it);
    3) Less screen space than on Note 5 or 6s plus;
    4) Physical keyboard for me is not so comfortable as on my previous Passport Black.
    5) Three annoying things:
    - slider mechanism is awful (I mean the top panel shakes about the lower)
    - in 20 minutes of use Priv becomes very hot!
    - battery life (sometimes it is 7 hours and sometimes it is 2,5 hours).
    That is why I will try to sell Priv and I do not really know what to buy. I have three varients:
    1) To buy tool phone (I mean for calls, sms, mms, bbm, viber, whatsup, skype, mail) - BlackBerry P9983 or BlackBerry Classic and the second device for all the other work (I mean MS Office, videos, web), for example, Ipad Pro or Surface 3 or new Windows 10 Lenovo x1 tablet or Samsung Tab Pro S (something not very heavy and with integrated LTE).
    2) To buy fast Android device with bigger screen to make all the work on it (Note 5, Huawei Mate 8).
    3) To buy BlackBerry PP SE (Is it really can replace all devices?)
    Thank You!
    Would you consider simply going back to using the original piano black Passport? I ask this because you are also considering the Silver Edition Passport. Either Passport, I think, could easily be able to handle the things you describe, and also all in one device!

I used to exclusively carry around the Passport with me, but I recently got myself a Classic to experiment with and, I have to admit, the Classic is starting to win me over with its top notch physical keyboard! The Classic is certainly a sacrifice in screen size, but I don't know of any other device that could top its physical keyboard (not even the Passport).

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 07:44 AM
    Do You mean that BlackBerry built better KB in Classic than in PP? Faster typing?
    01-06-16 08:36 AM
    What do You think about P9983 vs Classic?
    01-06-16 08:37 AM
    I find myself picking up my Passport instead of my Surface on a regular biases.

Blackberry Passport
    01-06-16 09:49 AM
    Do You mean that BlackBerry built better KB in Classic than in PP? Faster typing?
    The build quality is the same between both devices, I would say; however the more compact nature of the Classic keyboard seems to allow for quicker typing with less fatigue.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:42 AM
    I can buy now new PD phone p9983 for 630 Euro. But I am afraid that it can be worser than Classic and Passport.
    01-06-16 12:32 PM
    I can buy now new PD phone p9983 for 630 Euro. But I am afraid that it can be worser than Classic and Passport.
    I have never had the opportunity to try out any of the Porsche Design BlackBerry products, but the P9983 would probably be most like the Classic. Although between those two devices, the Classic might be the better bang for your buck. Take a look at this:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...es/8970%2C8501

It seems like in terms of hardware, they are very similar to each other. The Classic seems to have a better battery and slightly bigger screen too. Personally, I would go with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 12:44 PM
    The Passport is tried and proven for your needs. I happen to like the SE better. Regarding the Porsche Design BlackBerry, I've never used one so I have no idea as to how it will match up against the Passport .

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    01-06-16 01:25 PM
    definitely true in most cases, but I must say that I almost enjoy managing emails on my Passport more than on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    It just flows so efficiently and smoothly. Huge productivity tool!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    01-06-16 01:26 PM
    Link? Thx

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 02:12 PM
    Not in shop. Here in my city person sells one new, he got it like a present, but doesn't need it
    01-06-16 02:27 PM
37 12