Has anyone here replaced their phone, laptop, and tablet with one device: the BlackBerry Passport? If so, how is that working for you? I ask because I will be moving soon and realized that I never use my laptop (and if I needed to I could use the one at work), I sold off my two tablets (PlayBook and iPad) because I just played games and wasted time on them, and for phoning, I never use a landline anymore. I think the Passport could minimize the amount of devices I need and pare them down to one.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:01 PM
    "Similar to Microsoft's strategy with the Surface tablet � replacing a tablet*and laptop with a single device � Chen wants Blackberry Passport to replace three devices � phone, laptop and tablet."

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2...igh-res-screen

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:03 PM
    Yes, I use the passport for everything. U really don't need anything else. It's the best

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:16 PM
    My Passport has greatly supplanted my laptop.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    01-01-16 02:08 PM
    I think that I have cut my laptop use at least 50% after I picked up my Passport over a year ago. When I was traveling, I used to pick up my phone and laptop. Now, when I travel, I find that I take my Passport only. It makes things so much easier. I now refer to it as my "handtop".
    01-01-16 02:25 PM
    I don't own a BlackBerry Passport yet, but my BlackBerry Z10 is my phone and my computer. I use a laptop with a dead battery (I have to keep it plugged in) when I am home only to watch movies. In the same time I was home for like 3 months in 2015. All I need is done with my BlackBerry Z10, except when I am at the office where I need a workstation.
    BlackBerry Passport is more powerful than the Z10 so...

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    01-01-16 03:35 PM
    You will NOT be disappointed Bogdan!

01-01-16 03:39 PM
    My passport makes my life easier especially when I'm out of the office for a meeting and site inspection. One time I'm out for a site visit to one of our projects about 900kms away from the office, and during site inspection I used autocad files instead of bringing those A1 size drawings with me. I'm using GstarCADMC downloaded from snap to view my cad drawings.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 03:44 PM
    Two weeks ago, a friend asked for help for a work project that involved forecasting, data crunching and producing the resulting information into reports.

I divided up the specific tasks amongst the four of us and we got busy. My Win 8 laptop was so slow it was infuriating. I finally sent all of it to my Passport SE and it was night and day. I'm surfing Google maps, inputting on a spreadsheet and composing a doc concurrently. My SE handled it with aplomb. I was awed and impressed. This is literally the best minicomputer/ phone I have ever seen.

01-01-16 03:46 PM
    A small 8" tablet connected to a Z10 over Hotspot would have worked real good and better viewing
    01-01-16 06:10 PM
    A small 8" tablet connected to a Z10 over Hotspot would have worked real good and better viewing
    Which tablet, what OS, what specs. Your theoretical solution was useless to me! The Passport was there and did the job. Get in the real world.

01-01-16 09:50 PM
    I guess it depends on what your needs are.

For some, a laptop can never really be replaced right - it's not like you can be taking notes on lecture slides quick enough on a phone using thumbed typing in school or writing your thesis on your phone.

I'm sure you can write a novel or blog on your phone but I'm going to guess students who need to write long essays won't be using a phone to do it.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 10:16 PM
    I am going on three weeks with the Passport. It has almost taken the place of my iPad, and I say almost because I have a couple of apps that I use and have a lot of data in them that are only available in iOS. I still use a desktop quite a bit, so it has not changed that, except I grab the Passport now for just about all my email where before I went to the desktop before. I rarely use a laptop, when I have needed one I grabbed the iPad. I would expect to use the Passport for that now. I have a Bluetooth keyboard that I will use with the Passport. So it has not taken the place of everything, but it is a universal device I have.
    01-02-16 11:14 PM
    ...I'm surfing Google maps, inputting on a spreadsheet and composing a doc concurrently...

What spreadsheet app do you use? I have an excel file that I can't open using docs to go because it's full of inter-sheet formulas. Thanks

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    01-03-16 01:28 AM
    I guess it depends on what your needs are.

For some, a laptop can never really be replaced right - it's not like you can be taking notes on lecture slides quick enough on a phone using thumbed typing in school or writing your thesis on your phone.

I'm sure you can write a novel or blog on your phone but I'm going to guess students who need to write long essays won't be using a phone to do it.

Posted via CB10
    For me is better to take notes on my BlackBerry than on my PC. Every time I use the PC (or a laptop) for writing I miss my BlackBerry Z10 keyboard. It is much faster. Btw, I have a question for the BlackBerry Passport users :
    How is the auto correct on the space key on the when you use a passport? On my Z10 I have auto correct on the space key and swiping on the space key is for the use of the written word.

About replacing the laptop with a BlackBerry Passport, for me the only things I can not use on a smartphone are the mechanical design and robot simulation softwares like Catia, Fides, Robcad, Process Simulate etc... for all the rest I only need a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 01:56 AM
    I would say that having a passport will cut down dramatically usage of your laptop and tablet. The I don't know if I would say that you will never want to be in front of a laptop but you can definitely live without one

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 10:02 PM
    How is the auto correct on the space key on the when you use a passport? On my Z10 I have auto correct on the space key and swiping on the space key is for the use of the written word.

Posted via CB10
    The same with passport. Space bar will be auto correct and you can swipe up from middle keys to bypass auto correct.

The virtual keyboard is divided on three word suggestions. By middle keys, I mean any physical keyboard keys beneath the middle (second) word suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 01:07 AM
    Better if the passport were a slider. I would need a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 07:34 AM
    If you were able to replace your laptop with a Passport then you probably didn't really need a laptop in the first place.
    01-04-16 07:52 AM
    If you were able to replace your laptop with a Passport then you probably didn't really need a laptop in the first place.
    Or you got a laptop before the Passport was even invented.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 08:02 AM
    What spreadsheet app do you use? I have an excel file that I can't open using docs to go because it's full of inter-sheet formulas. Thanks

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    Docs To Go. Android edition. Premium. It's more robust than the BlackBerry 10 version. Why? Dunno.

01-04-16 01:53 PM
    Now you've lost me.

01-04-16 01:54 PM
    Better if the passport were a slider. I would need a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    And better still if it had an ice cream maker attached as well. Everything is better with ice cream.

01-04-16 01:56 PM
    And better still if it had an ice cream maker attached as well. Everything is better with ice cream.

Throw in a couple of strips of bacon too.
    01-04-16 03:44 PM
    definitely true in most cases, but I must say that I almost enjoy managing emails on my Passport more than on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 04:17 PM
37 12