You can work (edit files, email, etc.) while listening to music or watching live TV. You can read books, webpages and listen to music or radio at the same time.
    Beats any other phone at multitasking, including Z30.
    12-30-14 03:09 AM
    I use mine for personal use only and couldn't be happier. It's nice to have something different from the rest and it works great.
    12-30-14 04:18 AM
    I use it for both, I've actually started gaming again, apps work great, Android apps run like lightening (the ones that work), as already mentioned, Its a big phone and very attractive in a weird way, handling it takes some getting used to. After a few weeks of using it I still look at it and shake my head and wonder how on earth they came up with this beautiful monstrosity!
    Last edited by NaijaBerry; 12-30-14 at 05:41 AM.
    thymaster likes this.
    12-30-14 04:23 AM
    The phone is perfect for both in my opinion, I used as my main phone for work and for personal use, my only problem so far, 'I've had the passport for a week now', is the app viber which all my contacts have it and I've tried and searched everywhere to find a way to install it with no luck... would be great if anyone can give me ideas to get the app on this device.

Best device I've owned so far... I've had iphones before and switched to blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:40 AM
    I find it great for whatever use; business and personal are very intertwined for me as a small business owner.
    And there hardly is any such thing as 'overkill'. I like raw power, durability, high quality in a lot of things. So I have a Passport that I use for business and private stuff, but also a huge Xerox solid ink printer at home because I want high quality vibrant colours even it is just for a checklist for holiday packing and when I needed a new power drill, I got myself a Li-ion Makita professional.

In short: I want things to get the job done, and I want them to last. Passport is powerful, feels very durable and by God does it gets stuff done.
    12-30-14 06:37 AM
    I don't really know what the boundary between business and personal is. If your personal use scenario involves much reading and writing on the phone, the Passport is very, very good. Since I do a lot of both, I can say without hesitation that the Passport is the best phone I've ever owned.
    12-30-14 07:23 AM
    I use mine for both personal and business. Meets all my needs.
    12-30-14 09:50 AM
    To someone who has made the massive jump from a Z10 to the Passport...I use the PP as you would do....and it is fantastic! It is such a huge improvement on the Z10 you would've thought it came from a different planet z! It is quick. It is responsive. It is well built. It oozes quality. It get positive remarks...some one termed it a grown ups phone! Do it! You will not regret it!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:46 AM
    personal use....business is personal and personal is business
    12-30-14 11:23 PM
    I use it for business and personal - although as a business owner, I don't see much difference. The Passport is great for forums - both reading and posting - just like I'm doing now.

I'm sure CB participation is business related for many members here, but for me, it's a personal pastime. And here I am!

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-31-14 12:12 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Use mine for personal and business use.. Great phone!
    12-31-14 12:28 AM
    If you've got the cash, don't wait anymore !

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:16 AM
    Go for it, OP! (If the Passport didn't cost almost $800 here, I'd get it).

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-31-14 01:57 AM
    It works great in both worlds. I use my for personal and workspace.
    12-31-14 03:17 AM
    I use the passport for personal use.

I love it.

My main struggle is the 15-20 Android/iPhone apps that I would use for personal matters that don't run on the BB10, no matter what, they stop with a lack of Google Play Services error. These include banking, local public transportation, references, sports-health gadgets, MS Onedrive integration... it's only 15% of my usage, but I need to have a second phone with android for these.

I guess for "work" use it would be mostly e-mail and calendar only, and/or your employer would make sure the necessary apps are running on your device.
    12-31-14 03:27 AM
    I use my Passport for both professional and personal needs. It works great for both. I am heavily invested in Apple tech (with iPads and an iPhone 6), but I find the Passport answers my needs better (dealing with email, browsing the web, reading Office files, searching for items on Amazon or eBay, looking at photos, listening to podcasts). The only thing I have not found is a personal finance app which would sync with a program on my Mac.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport
    olee2222 likes this.
    12-31-14 04:24 AM
    Thinking of upgrading my z10 for a passport. It's a personal phone so main use would be e mail, text, Internet, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Crackberry of course and news apps (independent, guardian etc).
    How do these apps perform and would it be overkill just to use it as a personal (non work) phone?

Posted by my splendid Z10
    Phone can be used for work or play. Matters how you choose to wield it.
    12-31-14 05:52 AM
    Thanks everyone, I reckon come Jan I will invest,they are about �450 uk at carphone and amazon.
    Re apps, I've been fine with my zed using only BlackBerry world apps. So as long as I can get the same, strava, would be good, but fitness tracker manages me to send data.
    I would like to go online with something like the times or ft but again this was never an option with PlayBook unfortunately so I get news elsewhere and occasionally go retro and buy a paper .
    I don't use banking on my phone just via the pb browser so no issues there either.
    Here's to a wide 2015!

12-31-14 10:06 AM
    IMHO, Passport is the best BB10 device as of date.
    BUT, I'd say that for the usage you've described, Classic will perfectly do the job too.
    So it's a value for money (and single hand operation) choice.

If you're like me and appreciate high grade devices and sexy design, then passport is for you.
    12-31-14 10:43 AM
    I found its not too dissimilar to a wallet size, so no problem there

Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:45 AM
    My Passport is personal device only as BB10 is not supported by our IT (but also not banned) and it's perfect personal device.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    12-31-14 11:20 AM
    Thanks everyone, I reckon come Jan I will invest,they are about �450 uk at carphone and amazon.
    Re apps, I've been fine with my zed using only BlackBerry world apps. So as long as I can get the same, strava, would be good, but fitness tracker manages me to send data.
    I would like to go online with something like the times or ft but again this was never an option with PlayBook unfortunately so I get news elsewhere and occasionally go retro and buy a paper .
    I don't use banking on my phone just via the pb browser so no issues there either.
    Here's to a wide 2015!

With Passport most of the Android apps run fluently.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 11:49 AM
    Passport is a great device for personal use
    12-31-14 03:02 PM
    Here's to a wide 2015!

Check with mobile phones direct. They were second cheapest after amazon.com (us) during black friday

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-31-14 04:39 PM
    My Passport is personal device only as BB10 is not supported by our IT (but also not banned) and it's perfect personal device.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    Hi, what system your IT use?
    I have enrolled my passport to Citrix managed BYOD as "Android". Works perfectly fine.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-31-14 04:41 PM
66 123