Thinking of upgrading my z10 for a passport. It's a personal phone so main use would be e mail, text, Internet, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Crackberry of course and news apps (independent, guardian etc).
    How do these apps perform and would it be overkill just to use it as a personal (non work) phone?

Posted by my splendid Z10
    12-29-14 03:52 PM
    would it be overkill just to use it as a personal (non work) phone?
    Only you know that. Would it be overkill to you? The apps work fine.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-29-14 03:55 PM
    Its perfect for business or personal, I use it for both as I did with every previous BlackBerry! Best one yet!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-29-14 03:57 PM
    Sounds good then, thanks blaize, broker. I figured it would be, but keep hearing how BlackBerry are not toys just held a passport in Derby car phone warehouse. It wasn't a working demo, but it felt good!

12-29-14 04:00 PM
    I use mine for my personal and business device and I love the passport, the one thing I will say is coming from a touchscreen device back to a hybrid physical keyboard will take some time to get used to.

I found after a couple of weeks of using it as my daily driver, I found myself typing more accurately and I love having the extra screen space compared to losing have of the screen using the keyboard on my z30.

My suggestion is to go to a carrier who has a passport demo device and play with it and make your decision based on your user experience. Myself, being from the USA, I just had to buy it from Amazon and if I didn't like it, I could return it. Good luck on whatever device you decide to go with.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    polgara59, stevepar and rarsen like this.
    12-29-14 04:00 PM
    I use mine for both and love it. I thought the size would be a problem, but once you get used to it, it's perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 04:02 PM
    Cheers bakron, I do enjoy my z10 but passport is getting tempting. Even with its keyboard!

12-29-14 04:02 PM
    I use mine for both and love it. I thought the size would be a problem, but once you get used to it, it's perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    I found its not too dissimilar to a wallet size, so no problem there

12-29-14 04:03 PM
    rebroker is right; it is a great phone for work and for personal use.
    You said:""main use would be e mail, text, Internet, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Crackberry of course and news apps (independent, guardian etc).""
    Email works perfect, as you would know since your coming from a Z10. (Blackberry is built for email).
    Text....Passport does that.
    Internet: passport does that from a wider perspective. Full size normal web page browsing!!
    Twitter, Facebook and Linkdin: Not a problem at all.
    Crackberry is great on the Passport.
    Independent and Guardian: Well, you can peruse the full web pages, as I mentioned earlier, but you will enjoy reading on your Passport much better. No turning sideways to horizontal to read.
    The Passport screen is brighter, bigger and enjoyable for all the things you mentioned above.
    The difference between work and personal is the amount of emails and documents you'll read and answer.
    Work or personal, it's a great choice.
    12-29-14 04:06 PM
    I always want the latest and greatest type GPS, TV/ Video, music players/ multimedia apps, etc. in addition to my business use. The Passport has been the best multimedia experience device I have ever owned, and I've owned plenty.
    spacemanZ10 likes this.
    12-29-14 04:11 PM
    Thanks for your help everyone, I think I will invest in 2015!

garpt and bakron1 like this.
    12-29-14 04:23 PM
    Thanks for your help everyone, I think I will invest in 2015!

I came from a Z10 myself. It is and I continue to feel it is a fine device. But now I just smile when I hold it and turn it on. I can't imagine working with that size screen again. Plus the contrast, brightness and resolution on the PP is stunning.
    12-29-14 04:55 PM
    Thinking of upgrading my z10 for a passport. It's a personal phone so main use would be e mail, text, Internet, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Crackberry of course and news apps (independent, guardian etc).
    How do these apps perform and would it be overkill just to use it as a personal (non work) phone?

EXACTLY the same for me - more or less same usage as yours. Upgraded from Z10 to Passport.

BEST DECISION EVER.
    12-29-14 05:21 PM
    I switched from a Samsung Galaxy S5 active which was also a purely personal device. I love the Passport and enjoy having a device that supports my main uses for a phone (Internet forums, texting, email, reading news).

I'm not sure I'd buy this if my main use was video games though...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:42 PM
    Hi all.
    I am also on Z10 and about to make the change to the PP and for its just for personal use just the usual emails Facebook texting but it's case of deciding where to buy from car phone wear house I am bit wearer of the faults and Selfridge 's or Amazon depending which offers the best replacement if I am unlucky with the phone or are the faults few and far between.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:52 PM
    This whole paradigm business/personal is a lie, or marketing scheme to attract business users.

Don't be fooled, BB10 and the passport are as friendly as anyone else. Some apps are great, among you quotes Guardian and Crackberry, browser is pretty solid, and last but not least you can truly mutlitask. You play music and video like any other OS. And you can even download and manage files freely.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks white shirt only for info.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:13 PM
    I use mine for my personal and business device and I love the passport, the one thing I will say is coming from a touchscreen device back to a hybrid physical keyboard will take some time to get used to.

I found after a couple of weeks of using it as my daily driver, I found myself typing more accurately and I love having the extra screen space compared to losing have of the screen using the keyboard on my z30.

My suggestion is to go to a carrier who has a passport demo device and play with it and make your decision based on your user experience. Myself, being from the USA, I just had to buy it from Amazon and if I didn't like it, I could return it. Good luck on whatever device you decide to go with.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Thought you sold yours?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-29-14 06:20 PM
    I use my Passport for work and personal. Love it and it has worked flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:22 PM
    Pp works great not just as work phone, personal use is perfectly good. Go get one.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:03 PM
    Using a passport for personal use is like using an assault rifle to hunt deer... which would be awesome if it were legal. Too much is just enough. Do it.

Posted via CB10
    Ducca683 and Michal Be like this.
    12-29-14 07:31 PM
    I use mine for both. My wife had a iphone, then got a z10 for a bit. She didn't like it as well as her iphone, now she has a passport. She brags about it constantly. She says best phone yet. She's a stay at home mother and primarily uses is for text, emails for the church, Social media, and to take tons of pictures of the 6 kids. She's so in love with the passport that she is always on it. (also shopping apps). Can't forget that. Lol

Posted via CB10
    dale-c likes this.
    12-29-14 08:37 PM
    I use mine for both personal and business. I use twitter, crackberry, maps but most of the time, I am consumed with email and text messages.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-29-14 08:48 PM
    Although I have my Passport for personal and work use, I still switch to the iPhone 6 when I go to the gym or go out for a run. The Passport is too big for work-outs but is perfect for work.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:05 PM
    I just thought I do use fitness tracker and run with my zed to track my running, anyone tried this with the pp, i imagine it could be awkward?

12-30-14 02:42 AM
66 123