I have been using the passport for about a year and love it. I am a pretty bare bones user (email, text, phone, calendar, browser, and music) and was in the market for a simplistic smartwatch. I came noticed that the Pebble line has been successful with blackberrys in the past and that the pebble time round had what I was looking for.

Here is my issue: I am aware of the talk2watch and bridge apps, but I am concerned that I won't be able to use the pebble app on my phone. I sideloaded it, but it forces closed. I have recently struggled downloading any apps outside of blackberry world (and even a lot of apps within blackberry world). I either install an app and it just forces closed when I try to open it or it won't install at all by saying "you do not have enough storage to download this app". I have 20 free gb on my phone, so I am a bit confused.

Do I have to use the pebble app or will talk2watch work without it? Has anyone else run into the same storage error as me? Is there a work around?

I am not tech savy at all and this site has been a huge help for me. Thanks to everyone that provides so much useful info.
    09-17-17 12:21 AM
    not sure about the pebble apps, but I do know our passports are stuck on Android 4.3 and the majority of apps now require android 5.0 or above. This could be one of the issues you are experiencing.
    09-17-17 01:21 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pebble.android

try this link, not sure if it will work, but maybe worth a try
    09-17-17 01:24 AM
    Talk2watch works without pebble app. I am using pebble original steel, pebble time and pebble time steel with my passport SE and time2watch. My wife is using a pebble round and t2w on passport.
    If you are using Bridge you need the pebble app installed but bridge will help you with that.
    09-17-17 03:16 AM
    That is very helpful to hear! Sounds like I should be good to ge then.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 08:30 AM
    While it's true that you don't need the pebble app installed to use talk 2 watch you will need to install it to setup the pebble watch. Your pebble will not do anything untill it is setup with the pebble app
    You don't need the app after its setup unless you factory reset it then you will need it again

I have used both bridge and talk 2 watch successfully with both of my pebbles.

I would recommend talk2watch pro and HUB2watch. Together they will make your pebble great

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    09-17-17 04:45 PM
    While it's true that you don't need the pebble app installed to use talk 2 watch you will need to install it to setup the pebble watch. Your pebble will not do anything untill it is setup with the pebble app
    You don't need the app after its setup unless you factory reset it then you will need it again

I have used both bridge and talk 2 watch successfully with both of my pebbles.

I would recommend talk2watch pro and HUB2watch. Together they will make your pebble great

This might be (probably is) a silly question, but would be possible simply set the watch up on a different device and then pair it with my passport and continue on with talk2watch pro and hub2watch? I cant seem to get the pebble app properly installed.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 05:15 PM
    I am pretty sure u can do that since the passport does not need the pebble app. The pebble app sets the watch up. Talk to watch just interacts with the watch after its set up. HUB to watch is great since it will show your HUB activities on the HTW watch face

09-17-17 09:13 PM
    HUB 2 watch and talk to watch will display texts, emails, phone calls ect. It will let u control music and volume. Ect
    You can even respond to texts and emails with pre defined responses. (canned)

09-17-17 09:17 PM
    This might be (probably is) a silly question, but would be possible simply set the watch up on a different device and then pair it with my passport and continue on with talk2watch pro and hub2watch? I cant seem to get the pebble app properly installed.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do. I have set the pebbles on an android tablet; meaning the first pairing and all, then I use t2w on my passport. Unfortunately you can not update the firmware with t2w anymore so setting up the pebble on a different device is best.
    Please bear in mind that t2w it is no longer maintained. If you need an up to date app you might want to use bridge.
    09-18-17 12:26 AM
    Update!

I used my iPad to set up the watch. Once it was set up I synced the watch with the talk2watch pro app and it has worked beautifully.

The only issue I have run into is the weather display and Gps locations. It has been the same temperature in the same place since day one, but I'll keep exploring.

Thanks for the guidance everyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 03:02 PM
    I am glad it works for you!
    There are some issues with weather but since I do not use the feature I can not help you.
    09-25-17 12:08 AM
    Download the Talk2Watch 'watch face'. It will fix the weather issue

09-25-17 12:57 PM