07-21-15 11:00 PM
57 123
tools
    If you can replace your PC with Passport, you obviously don't need a PC. Meaning, you are not using project management, flowcharting, database processing, video & sound editing, photoshop, word / excel / powerpoint on their full functional operations, web designing, autocad and other engineering softwares, programming, etc, etc. & etc...

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    07-20-15 10:29 PM
    Adding a keyboard and a mouse does not make a PC.

It needs a full PC OS.

How are you going to install drivers for your scanner and printer on the BlackBerry?
    How would you use full Microsoft Office on your BlackBerry? (Btw, the mobile version of Office does not match the functions of a full Desktop Office).

It is impressive for a phone, but that is it. It is just a phone.
    07-21-15 02:51 PM
    But can it answer a phone call? :-)

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    It is possible to have a phone conversation on my laptop using this:
    https://www.rogersonenumber.ca/welcome/?locale=en_CA

I am sure other carriers have this kind of function too. But talking on the laptop with a phone connected is nothing new.
    07-21-15 02:53 PM
    No one in there right mind is going to hook up a mouse and keyboard to there passport. Your a ****** if you do. Why would you. Don't go around telling people oh it's a mini PC look! Just because you have a keyboard and mouse attached doesn't make it a PC your all kidding yourself.

Passport is a phone built for on the go use. If your on a train your not going to pull out a wireless keyboard and mouse from your *** and start using it. Get a grip it's still just a phone with a phone OS on it.

Jesus people make me angry.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 09:04 PM
    No one in there right mind is going to hook up a mouse and keyboard to there passport. Your a ****** if you do. Why would you. Don't go around telling people oh it's a mini PC look! Just because you have a keyboard and mouse attached doesn't make it a PC your all kidding yourself.

Passport is a phone built for on the go use. If your on a train your not going to pull out a wireless keyboard and mouse from your *** and start using it. Get a grip it's still just a phone with a phone OS on it.

Posted via CB10
    I used to whip out my fold up keyboard and (various) Palm device(s) to type up documents on trains and planes on a regular basis. This utilised lots of otherwise dead time but still allowed me to travel unencumbered by a laptop.

Was recently wondering if I could get a decent fold-up keyboard for my Passport (eg one with an integral stand for the Passport to sit in) as a potential new contract will involve a lot of European flights.

I love the Passport keyboard, but for writing up notes, a full size keyboard is much better for me.

PS I don't view my Passport as a PC.
    07-21-15 09:59 PM

Wow, that was a bit of an overreaction.
    BigAl_BB9900 and extisis like this.
    07-21-15 10:22 PM
    curious what app is doing that for you because they pulled Splashtop from BBW for BB10. not for the PlayBook though, glad I can still use it on mine.
    I have a couple, I still have Splashtop from when it was on BlackBerry World, also have one called Remote Desktop that works well. There is also another really good one...can't recall the name of it...was a paid one...but it was smooth and fast...almost like having Win 7 installed in the PlayBook.

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    extisis likes this.
    07-21-15 11:00 PM
57 123