Do calls (no video) work with this messenger?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 06:10 PM
    Thanks for partially answering, but I wasn't actually asking about google play services. I'm trying to find out if the method you posted gives me the chance to remove the permissions to contacts, calendar etc that originally attracted me when I saw the post saying that the "Lucky Patcher" app could let me create an APK for an app that I could transfer to my BB10 device without the app asking for access I won't allow it to have. So does the play services patcher program you're talking about have any ability to do this? Or does it just lets you whitelist the app in some way?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    You can't modify permissions with this method.

But Android 4.3 has a hidden feature - the ability to individually modify permission.

Just download a permission manager for Jellybean. Here's the one I use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akgdqzblej...r_3.0.apk?dl=0
    05-21-18 11:08 PM
    Do calls (no video) work with this messenger?

Posted via CB10
    No video for Facebook Messenger on BB10. Nor Messenger Lite.
    05-21-18 11:09 PM
    No video for Facebook Messenger on BB10. Nor Messenger Lite.
    I know that, my point was if regular phone calls via messenger work in this version

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 12:39 AM
    You can't modify permissions with this method.

But Android 4.3 has a hidden feature - the ability to individually modify permission.

Just download a permission manager for Jellybean. Here's the one I use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akgdqzblej...r_3.0.apk?dl=0
    Thanks, I'll look into this. Do you mean that the permission manager would modify them on the app itself or does it only modify permissions ON the jellybean android I have but it won't let me put the APK onto my BlackBerry? Because that's the goal, to get the few apps I've wanted patched so I can use them on the phone I actually WANT to have as my daily driver! :-)

05-24-18 02:02 AM
    Thanks, I'll look into this. Do you mean that the permission manager would modify them on the app itself or does it only modify permissions ON the jellybean android I have but it won't let me put the APK onto my BlackBerry? Because that's the goal, to get the few apps I've wanted patched so I can use them on the phone I actually WANT to have as my daily driver! :-)

It modifies the permissions after being installed.

What you're asking for is not possible.
    05-24-18 05:38 AM
    Hello,

1. Go to App manager => installing App => turn on ''allow apps from other source to be installed''.

2. You have to install cobalt apps, by doing this you will get ''google services'', a blackberry google ID, google playstore... You can find the Cobalt's official thread on crackberry with all instructions. If you need some help, just ask me .

3. After the installation of Cobalt stuff, all these App will be working.
    I have followed cobalt's instructions yet Instagram is not working. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it. However, it seems that it is not being uninstalled.
    05-31-18 07:32 PM
    Back to a passport after 3 years with my iPhone. Have to say passport is really limited out the box but with a little digging around and patching it can become usable with some basic android apps.

Here are a few apps I patched from android and have it working for my passport... I've tested a few but these seem to respond the quickest.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...87f80dfebc.jpg
    I own you a beer! Faith in humanity - restored! Thank you so much for what you did with these applications.
    06-02-18 06:32 AM
    Back to a passport after 3 years with my iPhone. Have to say passport is really limited out the box but with a little digging around and patching it can become usable with some basic android apps.

Here are a few apps I patched from android and have it working for my passport... I've tested a few but these seem to respond the quickest.

Enjoy!

Instagram 9.0.1(With Notifications) - https://mega.nz/#!YJ1F2ZaT!zC_CbwSp8...rxVQNGUPAWR4mA

Ebay 5.0.0.32- https://mega.co.nz/#!VYkUTB4R!LTR0e6...tWLip8KhQ76mLQ

Kijiji 6.6(Patched Ad Free!)- https://mega.nz/#!FcdywLpC!WY0sbRXVO...Y9zcJo75tzzJ_I

Youtube 11.49.55(With Background Playback)- https://mega.co.nz/#!hQMEFSzK!fHtCEy...4FMoDuee4SgTJI

Facebook 28.0.0.0 disable video auto play for best performance(With Notifications)- https://mega.co.nz/#!lI1wXSDQ!NVap5O...X1R-QSC52S4cHk

Facebook Messenger 25.00.16.14 turn off chat heads(With Notifications)- https://mega.co.nz/#!ZEl32Sya!-9O5wv...WU6kxuTEaJcElw

Posted via CB10https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...87f80dfebc.jpg
    Thank Yiu! Aside from these, are there any other more bruh? Like 9Gag, eh?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-18 11:47 AM
    It modifies the permissions after being installed.

What you're asking for is not possible.
    Conite, is there (to your knowledge) any kind of similar app that WILL run on BB10 that would allow me to modify permissions on android apps? If this app lets you modify them on the android device, could I load IT 1st onto the Passport via Cobalt, and then use it to remove the intrusive permissions from other apps?

06-05-18 05:45 PM
    Conite, is there (to your knowledge) any kind of similar app that WILL run on BB10 that would allow me to modify permissions on android apps? If this app lets you modify them on the android device, could I load IT 1st onto the Passport via Cobalt, and then use it to remove the intrusive permissions from other apps?

I'm not aware of any, sorry.
    06-05-18 07:35 PM
    Beautiful device btw
    06-05-18 07:58 PM
    Thanks for your work. Please maybe a version of low eating battery of Skype could you do?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-18 04:38 PM
    The only two apps I don't have (other than an updated browser) that I really want are the Consumer Reports app & the news app from the local TV station for severe weather warnings. Although I do miss using the Delta Airlines app so I can use my Q10 to show boarding passes. But that app was deliberately killed by Delta, which really pissed me off! I didn't mind that they initially stopped updates for it since we aren't worth their time or expense. But the app worked just fine for basic information & QR code boarding passes. What made me angry was when the app would fully open and then a splash screen popped over telling you that BlackBerry is no longer allowed so you are told to get Apple or android version instead!

This attitude made me avoid using Delta for 2+ years. I still look elsewhere 1st but I'm not going to Punish my wallet and pay more for an inferior connection. But I won't EVER forget the poor attitude that said we have contempt for you & don't give a crap if you fly with us or not! So much for venting... I'll climb down from the soap box now. ;-)

That said, has anyone created a patched version of the Consumer Reports app?

elfabio80 likes this.
    06-08-18 03:53 AM
    On a side note, you probably know, but for reference, Delta (and other airlines) provide an option to open the boarding pass as a link, which works just fine on the BB10 stock browser.
    06-09-18 09:06 PM
    Actually it's hit or miss. They offer it if all flights are their own. But if it's a code share they won't, especially if one of the legs is an international flight. I got irate with them on a trip with 3 of the 4 segments being operated as delta a flight with one on Air France. So my kid couldn't get mobile boarding passes for ANY of the flights! Two were domestic delta & one was code shared but on a delta plane. Was forced to tell my kid to allow extra time to get boarding pass during check-in for the return, and carry passes printed at home for 1st 2 legs.

06-09-18 11:42 PM
    thank you very much for the apps.
    will you also tell us how did you patch those apps? (i've got some programming background)
    12-01-18 05:37 AM
    How on earth do you change the (ridiculously extreme) permissions?? There are two apps I've wanted for a long time (consumer reports & the local TV station news & weather app) but I never even tried to learn how to use Cobalt's system once I found out that the apps still won't run unless I give all the permissions it wants, & I never give ANY app access to my calendar or contacts due to HIPAA & also desire for privacy.

But if there's a way to remove them & still USE the apps I'll be quite excited! Can you please let us know more? Or where to find the details? Thanks!

https://www.apkmirrordownload.com/ap...-1-4-0-30-apk/

It appears this thing modifies the install because one of the steps it takes is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it with the changed permissions...
    12-01-18 08:49 PM
    The only two apps I don't have (other than an updated browser) that I really want are the Consumer Reports app & the news app from the local TV station for severe weather warnings. Although I do miss using the Delta Airlines app so I can use my Q10 to show boarding passes. But that app was deliberately killed by Delta, which really pissed me off! I didn't mind that they initially stopped updates for it since we aren't worth their time or expense. But the app worked just fine for basic information & QR code boarding passes. What made me angry was when the app would fully open and then a splash screen popped over telling you that BlackBerry is no longer allowed so you are told to get Apple or android version instead!

This attitude made me avoid using Delta for 2+ years. I still look elsewhere 1st but I'm not going to Punish my wallet and pay more for an inferior connection. But I won't EVER forget the poor attitude that said we have contempt for you & don't give a crap if you fly with us or not! So much for venting... I'll climb down from the soap box now. ;-)

That said, has anyone created a patched version of the Consumer Reports app?

CR works fine from browser...
    News should also
    12-01-18 08:53 PM
44 12