My Passport screen is largely dead, so I acquired another Passport. I backed up first one no problem w/BB link. But now when I choose to "New device" and "use previous backup" to put all the data on the new phone, it won't work: BB link gets stuck on "finding previous backup data." It'll stay searching forever.

How can I put the old data in the new phone without BB link and without being able to use the first phone? 'Content transfer' won't work.

I use windows 8.
    10-12-18 07:13 PM
    My Passport screen is largely dead, so I acquired another Passport. I backed up first one no problem w/BB link. But now when I choose to "New device" and "use previous backup" to put all the data on the new phone, it won't work: BB link gets stuck on "finding previous backup data." It'll stay searching forever.

How can I put the old data in the new phone without BB link and without being able to use the first phone? 'Content transfer' won't work.

I use windows 8.
    Link is notoriously fickle/bad software and has been since day 1. It works for some people (like me) and won't work for others. There has never been a one size fits all fix for it and no explanation why people have problems with it. Just keep trying and using different methods. Use the correct usb cable that came with the device, try different usb ports on your PC. Reboot your PC with the Passport plugged into your computer. Be patient with the connection (I personally have seen it take 7 minutes to connect at times).

I believe that the problem is a usb connection problem but I have no evidence to substantiate this claim.

You could also try a different program such as DBBT (search here on CB for it) or Sachesi (also able to restore backup).

IMPORTANT: almost forgot to tell you to make sure your "new" device has exactly the same OS as your backup had.
    10-12-18 09:46 PM
    If you have access to a windows 7 machine it should work without problems.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    10-14-18 08:03 AM
    This might help , pretty sure you can share your screen in a BBM video call. So if you can Answer that maybe..
    Check out Produktyf CRM in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/93991
    Good luck.
    Posted via CB10
    10-14-18 09:46 AM