Guys, I purchased a PRIV yesterday on ebay for 370.00 T mobile branded. Today, Im a bit unsure if the PRIV was the correct choice. I have been reading great feedback on the SE passport and wondering if I should have chosen that route instead. I do have T mobile service so not sure if the PP would be fully functional. Should I pass on the passport and continue with the PRIV? I have used android for 4 years now and wanted something a bit different if that makes sense. Any input is appreciated
    05-11-16 02:20 PM
    If you have been using Android for four years, and have no experience with BB10.... you made the right choice with the PRIV.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    05-11-16 02:42 PM
    I tried the Q10 a while back and liked it but the screen was too small.
    05-11-16 03:04 PM
    Guys, I purchased a PRIV yesterday on ebay for 370.00 T mobile branded. Today, Im a bit unsure if the PRIV was the correct choice. I have been reading great feedback on the SE passport and wondering if I should have chosen that route instead. I do have T mobile service so not sure if the PP would be fully functional. Should I pass on the passport and continue with the PRIV? I have used android for 4 years now and wanted something a bit different if that makes sense. Any input is appreciated
    Tough call. I honestly did not like the priv in store but if it had a fully functional hub I wou have purchased. If you dont need hub......I would take a pass. I actually purchased the passport 3 times and just got the se....again. I have a nexus 6 just in case I get the itch for android. Passport is just much more productive an I have installed most android apps I use quite easily
    05-11-16 04:54 PM
    Its something about the passport that I like. Maybe because its different
    05-11-16 05:58 PM
    I just purchased the SE after having two previous passports. I just keep coming back because I'm so much more productive on it, particularly when traveling. I've been using a 6s Plus and and S7 Edge recently, but I've come to realize I only use a handful of apps outside of core email, messaging, PIM, etc. so the app gap really isn't an issue for me and can be covered with Cobalt's play store implementation. Looking forward to getting back on Blackberry. Seriously considering picking up a backup SE to sit on the shelf for use after the first one dies.
    05-11-16 06:24 PM
    Also have a priv currently but have had a passport as well. Both phones are awesome! But if you do more social media then stick with the the priv. BTW the passport has an amazing camera.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-11-16 06:34 PM
    Don't buy Passport until BlackBerry awakens & gives android OS replacement or brings out a model with MM... imho

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-11-16 07:15 PM
    When it comes to BlackBerry functions, the Passport blows the Priv out of the water.

If you know Android well enough, than you'll understand when I say the Priv is all android with BlackBerry launcher and third party apps placed on top of Android.

It actually makes Android it's self seem a bit cumbersome. And the BlackBerry side of the Priv isn't any smoother.

The Priv camera is a bit better than Passport camera in speed. But quality of both phones can be placed side by side with out any difference.

Passport keyboard is way easier to use.
    Passport on board speakers are louder.
    Passport battery last longer, both in standby and in screen use.

The Passport is actually a very good phone.
    It has its bugs.
    And lacks in apps.
    But if you don't use the mindless Android apps, than Passport should be a good phone.

If it matters any, I have a Passport and an LG V10.
    And use my Passport as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 and anon(9353145) like this.
    05-11-16 08:29 PM
    Priv has much more apps, so it's better than passport.
    However I don't think Priv is a good choice for andirod devices.

Sent from  Passport
    05-11-16 08:33 PM
    I use very few apps on my samsung. I dont think I will miss the apps to much if I decide on the passport. Also, Im concerned with the quality of the web browser compared to android. I browse quite a bit on my samsung and listen to a ton of music
    05-11-16 08:57 PM
    The Passport is a great phone if a phone is what you need. If you like Facebook and Snapchat and stuff like that, stick with Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 10:43 PM
    If your curious and have the cash why not, try it. BlackBerry10 is a good experience on the passport just check the apps you use will work. This form factor will probably never be repeated.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 01:20 AM
    Op if you want apps go with the priv
    05-12-16 02:15 AM
    The only apps I use are ebay, bank of america, espn radio and pandora
    05-12-16 05:52 AM
    Pandora works on passport, free version anyway

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 07:55 AM
    Im thinking about buying a silver passport and use both to see which is better for my needs then sell the other. Is the silver pp a better buy than the silver?
    05-12-16 08:42 AM
    Sorry I meant black
    05-12-16 10:15 AM
    As others have said, it depends what you use it for.
    Personally, I've had the Priv since January and but have recently switched back to the Passport as my main phone, principally because I use my phone as my mobile office. So I tend to use it for calls, sms, emails and writing reports. For these, the Passport is a far superior device.

However, if you're using it more generally (social media, apps, photos) then the Priv is probably better. It certainly has a lovely screen, the camera is a lot better and obviously there is a far greater selection of apps to choose from on Android.

And it sounds like you got a very good price on the Priv, so you won't be disappointed anyway.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    05-12-16 11:15 AM
    I'm on week three of a silver edition passport.

The good: the phone is well designed, from the OS to the hardware to the included apps, to how it all works together. Typing is easy and fast, and I'm not the fastest typer, as opposed to a chore on any other device with a screen based keyboard.

When you want to go to sleep, you wake your passport, slide a finger from top to bottom and it goes into bedside mode, showing you a cool clock. Nice.

Oh and it's a beautiful device, with a design that will stand time - look at the original iPhone for an example of something that didn't age well. Some people will laugh at you for having any sort of Blackberry, others will be interested in an original device; me, I couldn't care either way.

Not so good:

The available apps are very limited, the included Amazon App store only partially works, for instance amazon's own Kindle app stops opening if you decide to encrypt your phone, so that shows you the danger of being somewhere in between the full control of an iphone and the freedom / wild west of an android phone. If you turn off encryption the Kindle app works but isn't integrated into the blackberry goodness, so no scrolling with your keyboard for instance (the passport's keyboard is also a touchpad). Free apps of the day? Not for us, it shows a blank. Google's Play store can be installed thanks to the awesome work of some kind souls, with enough patience on your part, and knowing that it might break at any point.

This lack of integration shows in other aspects, for instance Whatsapp shows up in the Hub (along with email, BBM, SMS...) but not on its desktop equivalent, Blend; and Facebook will be retiring Whatsapp for BB10 anyway.

The ugly: after updating the Kindle app and encrypting my battery went from 100% to zero in one night, with bedside mode. Some people have reported screens that lift from the chassis, mine hasn't done this and I can only think this would happen if you sat on your phone. Given that iPhones bend, this is only par for the course.

So like everything in life, it's a question of compromises.

• Go for a nice and cheap Android like a Nexus 5x, and suffer typing on a screen...
    • Go for an expensive iPhone SE with a measly 16 GB and kow tow to the Great Leaders at Apple...
    • Understand the limitations of the Passport and live happily within those, enjoying the tangible benefits it does offer... Keyboard, screen, speed, battery.
    • I would stay with the Priv if its keyboard actually makes a difference for you, otherwise it's a normal Android phone.

Perhaps the point is that none of the options are perfect or a dead cert, which is probably even more dramatic in the case of Apple than Blackberry, and it all depends on what we can and can't live without. Kindle doesn't work? For me this is Amazon's problem, for instance right now I need a couple of books but being tied into the Kindle ecosystem when they can't be bothered to make a decent app for BB10 means I should look at other options.

The lack of a few specific apps would make my life unnecessarily harder, and that's when I would reluctantly switch back to Android, giving up on the dream of mobile productivity, relegating my phone to the bare minimum uses and going back to my PC for everything else.
    05-12-16 11:21 AM
    I cant seem to find a good silver passport for under 375.00. This tells me the passport is still a great phone
    05-12-16 05:57 PM
    Its something about the passport that I like. Maybe because its different
    I agree with you there. As others have said, depends on your use case scenario. If you're not afraid to tinker, you can use Cobalt's Google Play Store solution and install third party Android browsers (and many other apps, though some may require patching). I am generally happy with the BlackBerry Browser, but also have Chrome Dev installed and it works well for me.

I also use iOS and Android, and for me the Passport is a truly unique device. Touch capacitive pkb, keyboard shortcuts and wide screen for text related messaging, docs, etc. I have the original black model but have heard good things about the SE (better keyboard, bigger chin, rounded corners)...

On the other hand a buddy has the Priv and loves it. I've played with it and it's a pretty solid device imho. I personally found the audio poorer than the Passport, and the PKB too cramped. The back camera though is definitely better (hardware and software).

If you're familiar with the limitations in BB10, then maybe give the Passport a go. And if you're not looking for a PKB as a priority, maybe look further afield than just BlackBerry.

EDIT: One thing I loved about my friend's Priv, was sliding it open and closed repeatedly. It serves absolutely no purpose but it was definitely fun.
    05-12-16 07:26 PM
    I just found a silver passport for 320.00 on ebay. I will try it out and see how it goes.
    05-12-16 09:03 PM
    back to square one, the passport sold
    05-13-16 03:19 PM
    back to square one, the passport sold
    So close! Well, with AT&T priv dropping in price on Amazon, etc maybe more Passport owners will switch soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 03:54 PM
75 123