back to square one, the passport sold
    Check out www.swappa.com

PPSE's from $315 as of 20 minutes ago.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    05-13-16 04:08 PM
    I just looked and dont see it
    05-13-16 04:30 PM
    Leave the Priv on the coffee table or use as tablet. Buy Passport!
    05-13-16 05:48 PM
    I'm on week three of a silver edition passport.

The good: the phone is well designed, from the OS to the hardware to the included apps, to how it all works together. Typing is easy and fast, and I'm not the fastest typer, as opposed to a chore on any other device with a screen based keyboard.

When you want to go to sleep, you wake your passport, slide a finger from top to bottom and it goes into bedside mode, showing you a cool clock. Nice.

Oh and it's a beautiful device, with a design that will stand time - look at the original iPhone for an example of something that didn't age well. Some people will laugh at you for having any sort of Blackberry, others will be interested in an original device; me, I couldn't care either way.

Not so good:

The available apps are very limited, the included Amazon App store only partially works, for instance amazon's own Kindle app stops opening if you decide to encrypt your phone, so that shows you the danger of being somewhere in between the full control of an iphone and the freedom / wild west of an android phone. If you turn off encryption the Kindle app works but isn't integrated into the blackberry goodness, so no scrolling with your keyboard for instance (the passport's keyboard is also a touchpad). Free apps of the day? Not for us, it shows a blank. Google's Play store can be installed thanks to the awesome work of some kind souls, with enough patience on your part, and knowing that it might break at any point.

This lack of integration shows in other aspects, for instance Whatsapp shows up in the Hub (along with email, BBM, SMS...) but not on its desktop equivalent, Blend; and Facebook will be retiring Whatsapp for BB10 anyway.

The ugly: after updating the Kindle app and encrypting my battery went from 100% to zero in one night, with bedside mode. Some people have reported screens that lift from the chassis, mine hasn't done this and I can only think this would happen if you sat on your phone. Given that iPhones bend, this is only par for the course.

So like everything in life, it's a question of compromises.

• Go for a nice and cheap Android like a Nexus 5x, and suffer typing on a screen...
    • Go for an expensive iPhone SE with a measly 16 GB and kow tow to the Great Leaders at Apple...
    • Understand the limitations of the Passport and live happily within those, enjoying the tangible benefits it does offer... Keyboard, screen, speed, battery.
    • I would stay with the Priv if its keyboard actually makes a difference for you, otherwise it's a normal Android phone.

Perhaps the point is that none of the options are perfect or a dead cert, which is probably even more dramatic in the case of Apple than Blackberry, and it all depends on what we can and can't live without. Kindle doesn't work? For me this is Amazon's problem, for instance right now I need a couple of books but being tied into the Kindle ecosystem when they can't be bothered to make a decent app for BB10 means I should look at other options.

The lack of a few specific apps would make my life unnecessarily harder, and that's when I would reluctantly switch back to Android, giving up on the dream of mobile productivity, relegating my phone to the bare minimum uses and going back to my PC for everything else.
    my battery took a nose dive the other night to 0. This has not happened to me in many months! What was I doing? I was messing around in Blend before leaving the office. In the morning the phone was dead. I dont know if it wasnt positioned right on the wireless charger which can happen and is very rare. Or had something to do with blend. I have about 15 droid apps loaded and only a few a very rarely used. Rapid battery drain to me I have chalked up as droid app inspired and aggravated by not rebooting for a week or two.
    05-13-16 05:54 PM
    So close! Well, with AT&T priv dropping in price on Amazon, etc maybe more Passport owners will switch soon.

Posted via CB10
    LOL Wrong!
    05-13-16 05:56 PM
    Like with a real passport, THE Passport will allow you to discover the beauty of productivity world.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    05-13-16 07:35 PM
    Ok, looks like I may be in luck again. The ebay seller appears to be selling the PP to me. Crossing my fingers!
    05-13-16 07:44 PM
    Ok, looks like I may be in luck again. The ebay seller appears to be selling the PP to me. Crossing my fingers!
    Good luck! It's a unique device for sure. I love it.
    05-13-16 08:31 PM
    You can install ebay app from the amazon store and it will work okay. There's no bank of america app, you can use the website tho, I do that all the time

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 09:12 PM
    my battery took a nose dive the other night to 0. This has not happened to me in many months! What was I doing? I was messing around in Blend before leaving the office. In the morning the phone was dead. I dont know if it wasnt positioned right on the wireless charger which can happen and is very rare. Or had something to do with blend. I have about 15 droid apps loaded and only a few a very rarely used. Rapid battery drain to me I have chalked up as droid app inspired and aggravated by not rebooting for a week or two.
    I'm on day three of my first charge after it went to zero overnight, it says 43%, which is about 65% in terms of my old phone, and I used it a lot more on day two, just updated BBM. Not bad at all!
    05-14-16 10:29 AM
    I'm on week three of a silver edition passport.

The good: the phone is well designed, from the OS to the hardware to the included apps, to how it all works together. Typing is easy and fast, and I'm not the fastest typer, as opposed to a chore on any other device with a screen based keyboard.

When you want to go to sleep, you wake your passport, slide a finger from top to bottom and it goes into bedside mode, showing you a cool clock. Nice.

Oh and it's a beautiful device, with a design that will stand time - look at the original iPhone for an example of something that didn't age well. Some people will laugh at you for having any sort of Blackberry, others will be interested in an original device; me, I couldn't care either way.

Not so good:

The available apps are very limited, the included Amazon App store only partially works, for instance amazon's own Kindle app stops opening if you decide to encrypt your phone, so that shows you the danger of being somewhere in between the full control of an iphone and the freedom / wild west of an android phone. If you turn off encryption the Kindle app works but isn't integrated into the blackberry goodness, so no scrolling with your keyboard for instance (the passport's keyboard is also a touchpad). Free apps of the day? Not for us, it shows a blank. Google's Play store can be installed thanks to the awesome work of some kind souls, with enough patience on your part, and knowing that it might break at any point.

This lack of integration shows in other aspects, for instance Whatsapp shows up in the Hub (along with email, BBM, SMS...) but not on its desktop equivalent, Blend; and Facebook will be retiring Whatsapp for BB10 anyway.

The ugly: after updating the Kindle app and encrypting my battery went from 100% to zero in one night, with bedside mode. Some people have reported screens that lift from the chassis, mine hasn't done this and I can only think this would happen if you sat on your phone. Given that iPhones bend, this is only par for the course.

So like everything in life, it's a question of compromises.

• Go for a nice and cheap Android like a Nexus 5x, and suffer typing on a screen...
    • Go for an expensive iPhone SE with a measly 16 GB and kow tow to the Great Leaders at Apple...
    • Understand the limitations of the Passport and live happily within those, enjoying the tangible benefits it does offer... Keyboard, screen, speed, battery.
    • I would stay with the Priv if its keyboard actually makes a difference for you, otherwise it's a normal Android phone.

Perhaps the point is that none of the options are perfect or a dead cert, which is probably even more dramatic in the case of Apple than Blackberry, and it all depends on what we can and can't live without. Kindle doesn't work? For me this is Amazon's problem, for instance right now I need a couple of books but being tied into the Kindle ecosystem when they can't be bothered to make a decent app for BB10 means I should look at other options.

The lack of a few specific apps would make my life unnecessarily harder, and that's when I would reluctantly switch back to Android, giving up on the dream of mobile productivity, relegating my phone to the bare minimum uses and going back to my PC for everything else.
    Instead of Kindle, try some of the Kobo readers. Additionally, the BlackBerry marketplace has a Kobo app.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 11:17 AM
    I'll echo what others have said. If apps are not a big concern for you, Passport is a great choice.
    05-14-16 12:05 PM
    I bought the PP! Got it on Swappa, now to try both and decide which one to keep. PP or Priv
    05-14-16 12:32 PM
    I came from the passport and now on the Priv. It is a nice phone but I got a tmobile branded one too off eBay cheap and it has heating issues... it gets really hot for no reason.

I was torn between this and the better nexus but the price via eBay swayed me this direction. I will probably still buy the Nexus in a month or two depending if I ever get the MM update.

I still have the Passport and enjoy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-16 12:53 PM
    Yeah, I have heard of the heating issues. Also heard about the slider being faulty. Im sure it will be a tough decision
    05-14-16 12:59 PM
    I almost got a gold plated SE but just opted for the SE. I look forward to using without any droid apps and comparing it to the att version which is going to get a rest for awhile. I still want to win one here in the contest! Come on pick me!

Order Information
    Order Date: 5/14/2016
    Order Number: 9
    Order Total: $439.20
    The charge(s) will appear on your credit card as "DRG*BLACKBERRY".
    05-14-16 01:12 PM
    Not a bad price, I paid 340.00 for mine. Phone is in mint condition.
    05-14-16 01:40 PM
    The banking app, that's important. I can't load HSBC's android app anymore due to whatever reason. But I could load up BNP, so it ain't too bad.

It's good to check if Bank of America works for you. Try different screen size as well, as that might break compatibility.

Else, like most people say, its a great productivity phone.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10

Edit: Just for information, I have 3 banking apps, none of them are native, they are Android apps. All working fine.
    05-14-16 02:13 PM
    I believe Bank of America does work. I will tinker with both phones. Then keep the one I enjoy more
    05-14-16 03:02 PM
    I believe Bank of America does work. I will tinker with both phones. Then keep the one I enjoy more
    I use the Bank of America app almost everyday on my Passport. It works fine.
    05-14-16 03:28 PM
    Instead of Kindle, try some of the Kobo readers. Additionally, the BlackBerry marketplace has a Kobo app.

Posted via CB10
    Wow I've actually used Kobo and forgot about it, thanks!
    05-14-16 08:47 PM
    Sounds like a PassPort would be awesome upgrade from my present Playbook/Alcatel clamshell combo.
    05-14-16 11:19 PM
    Well, I recieved both phones and all I can say is Im torn between both. The passport looks classy and the priv is very functional. Tough decision
    05-20-16 08:55 AM
    I just bought my second Passport. Sitting next to my Nexus 6 reminds me that there is no comparison. Navigation may be a little better on Android, and voice certainly is, but that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 10:18 AM
    The passport just looks so well built. Only risk is the outdated OS
    05-20-16 10:53 AM
75 123