I have a passport and a priv. I don't have the double notification issue with the priv at all. I think the key is to turn off the unnecessary notifications for apps which is quite easy to do on the priv. The hub on passport is pretty hard to beat but I think BlackBerry android is catching up pretty quickly. I hope they keep the development up.
    Exactly! You don't have to disable apps, just turn off the notifications. I do use the Gmail app from time to time, but never have a notification from it, any other email, text, BBM, etc. It all goes throught the hub, and when I respond and hit either back button, I'm right back in the hub, and the corresponding app is not left open. This is on a Moto Z Force, so I can say with certainty, the hub works wonderfully even without a BlackBerry.

It's funny reading some of the comments about the KEYone!
    All the questioning about the camera, which I would put on a par with mine. I probably couldn't enlarge the image quite as much, but it focuses and shoots faster, and looks crisp.
    I gave up PKB when the Z10 launched, and love the BlackBerry VKB. Wouldn't use the Moto without it, or the hub. Playing with the KEYone brought me back to my 9930. Unlike the Q10, it had a PKB I enjoyed using. If it didn't have that feel, I wouldn't be excited to get one. It's not like I need another phone, LoL.
    It's way over priced for the specs, you can buy a phone with similar specs for half the money. I can't help but SMH every time I hear this. Show me another phone, with an aluminum housing, the gloriously grippy back, scratch resistant display, RGB notification LED, massive battery, and same camera sensor as the Pixel, for a lower price than the KEYone. Oh, did I leave out the capacitive PKB, that among other aspects, allows for much more screen real estate when communicating? A very big reason why I'm excited to use it!
    There's no stereo sound. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see when the final product comes out. It does have great volume and clarity, which is important, and not the Pixel, V20, S7 or my flagship has stereo.
    Hardware Android navigation keys. I can see the argument against this. I can also see why they decided to make the phone with them. Even if you hate it, surely it's not high up on the list of why you wouldn't buy.

The Passport is a great phone, that unfortunately suffers the limitations of BB10. Eventually most of you will have to move on to something. The KEYone is the most logical step forward in my opinion.
    pkcable, FF22 and xpxpxpxp like this.
    03-23-17 09:52 PM
    It's hard for me to say this, but I'd rather use a slab than the chintsy keyboard on the KEYone. Maybe I'm over thinking this but compared to the passport, the keyboard felt cheap. We'll see once the actual phone is launched. I can only say this bc I had a chance to test it out. Seems like I'm in the minority here.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't get the "cheap" feel at all when I got to spend some time with it. It may not be as great as the Passport, but it's definitely better than the Priv. I hope that the release version is even better.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 11:09 PM
    The KEYone's I used seemed like the keys were loose feeling. Hopefully it's because of it being pre-production hardware. I will definitely try it again when it is finally released. Unfortunately since BB10 is hopelessly dead at this point, I will have to transition to something other than my passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the candidness, OP. I love my Passport keyboard, but as it's been stated a bunch around here, BB10 is pretty much dead, so I think it's time to move on. Here's to hoping that the final production units have a more solid keyboard than what you're describing.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 11:53 PM
    I would like to hear from Priv and Dtek users of Hub. Is the above true? If so blackberry 10 it is.

I need efficiency when it comes to finding emails and attachments to get my job done. blackberry 10 does this better than ios and android systems. So the K1 will be on back burner until this gets resolved. All the shiny keys and app support will not get the task done!

Posted via CB10
    No this isn't true. If that person is getting double notifications that's user error and they probably didn't turn off notification for the Gmail app or disable it all together.

As for finding emails in the hub by search, it works well and just as well as it did on BB10. The one thing I missed the most was the hub attachments option and that was added in a recent hub update. The Hub on android has come a long way and keeps getting better.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 11:54 PM
    Does the KEYone have USB OTG built in?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 02:48 AM
    Regardless of all the saying that BB10 is dead, BB10 is only dead when it is dead on my phone or make my phone unusable, dead.

Posted from my  Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-24-17 06:20 AM
    KeyOne seems interesting but it is not in the running for me at all due to it running Android. Unfortunately I'm limited to iOS or Windows now it seems. Windows is looking more attractive every day as I fumble around with the gf's iphone6. My passport is fine for another year most likely though so hopefully we will see some major shakeups in the market by then.
    03-24-17 06:46 AM
    I get the feeling that if the KEYone is a flop, might not be too many options in the PKB department in the future (maybe a snap on case?). So in my mind, if you are a PKB lover (assume most all current Passport users are), it's in your own best interest to buy a KEYone on day one. Use it a a companion to the Passport.....

Because I think the PKB form factor is going to need all the help it can get to survive.
    Definitely a small niche market.
    03-24-17 07:06 AM
    Regardless of all the saying that BB10 is dead, BB10 is only dead when it is dead on my phone or make my phone unusable, dead.

That is certainly true. Obviously a phone being dead is dependent on the person and that individuals usage.
    03-24-17 07:08 AM
    Feeling is all very subjective.

I personally don't like the Passport OG keyboard. The thing feels mushy and it feels like I have to push too hard to register the keys. The keyboard is also very wide, so I feel like my fingers are moving way more than they have to when I type. Basically it just feels like I have to work too hard to type on it.

Of the keyboards I own it goes: 9900 > Q10/ Q5 > OG Passport.

And the reasoning behind it has to do with spacing (size of the whole keyboard and space between the keys), key texture (the shape of the keys, like how BlackBerry's keys angle up), and clickiness (travel and bounceback). Q5 and Q10 was hard to compare because I like the travel more on the Q5, but the spacing wasn't as good as the Q10.

I don't understand what 'bad quality' keyboards feel like to you, OP.

You say that it lacks clickiness, but I think the Passport is the least clicky keyboard of all that I've used. I also haven't felt a Priv, but everyone, and I mean EVERYone says that its keyboard lacks a significant amount of travel. To me it seems like you're most disappointed by the size of it since the Priv is the next widest keyboard other than the Passport.

Can you give some more detail?
    9000>9900/Classic>Passport
    IMO
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 07:23 AM
    I have a passport and a priv. I don't have the double notification issue with the priv at all. I think the key is to turn off the unnecessary notifications for apps which is quite easy to do on the priv. The hub on passport is pretty hard to beat but I think BlackBerry android is catching up pretty quickly. I hope they keep the development up.
    The Hub in Android has gotten better and better. I just really love on the Passport though how easy it is to swipe into the Hub from anywhere.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-24-17 07:24 AM

The Walking Dead.
    03-24-17 07:36 AM
    Exactly! You don't have to disable apps, just turn off the notifications. I do use the Gmail app from time to time, but never have a notification from it, any other email, text, BBM, etc. It all goes throught the hub, and when I respond and hit either back button, I'm right back in the hub, and the corresponding app is not left open. This is on a Moto Z Force, so I can say with certainty, the hub works wonderfully even without a BlackBerry.

It's funny reading some of the comments about the KEYone!
    All the questioning about the camera, which I would put on a par with mine. I probably couldn't enlarge the image quite as much, but it focuses and shoots faster, and looks crisp.
    I gave up PKB when the Z10 launched, and love the BlackBerry VKB. Wouldn't use the Moto without it, or the hub. Playing with the KEYone brought me back to my 9930. Unlike the Q10, it had a PKB I enjoyed using. If it didn't have that feel, I wouldn't be excited to get one. It's not like I need another phone, LoL.
    It's way over priced for the specs, you can buy a phone with similar specs for half the money. I can't help but SMH every time I hear this. Show me another phone, with an aluminum housing, the gloriously grippy back, scratch resistant display, RGB notification LED, massive battery, and same camera sensor as the Pixel, for a lower price than the KEYone. Oh, did I leave out the capacitive PKB, that among other aspects, allows for much more screen real estate when communicating? A very big reason why I'm excited to use it!
    There's no stereo sound. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see when the final product comes out. It does have great volume and clarity, which is important, and not the Pixel, V20, S7 or my flagship has stereo.
    Hardware Android navigation keys. I can see the argument against this. I can also see why they decided to make the phone with them. Even if you hate it, surely it's not high up on the list of why you wouldn't buy.

The Passport is a great phone, that unfortunately suffers the limitations of BB10. Eventually most of you will have to move on to something. The KEYone is the most logical step forward in my opinion.
    Wrong. I don't currently see any limitations on my passport. The android runtime takes care of most of my app needs and the bb10 store is quite sufficient. The functions are exactly how I need a phone to function. Not an advertisement hub for big business, or a portal for angry birds... oh and the only reason IL move on to something else is if I can't buy another one.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 08:36 AM
    Wrong. I don't currently see any limitations on my passport. The android runtime takes care of most of my app needs and the bb10 store is quite sufficient. The functions are exactly how I need a phone to function. Not an advertisement hub for big business, or a portal for angry birds... oh and the only reason IL move on to something else is if I can't buy another one.

Posted via CB10
    This may be true but the reality is limitations are there for most and will only continue to get worse as BlackBerry basically ceased any form of further development of the OS almost 2 years ago. I mean those Apps that are sufficient for you now in BlackBerry World will also begin to be limited as the SDK has not been updated by BlackBerry in over 2 years as well. Developers won't continue on for too long when BlackBerry isn't even bothering to work with them and give them the tools required.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, I'm right. You just chose to ignore the word most.
    03-24-17 09:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with Bigbadwulf here. 'quite sufficient' is no longer satisfactory for many as requirements for phones change. For basic communication, fine, BBOS/BB10 is great, but not many are able to get away with only basic communication anymore (not everyone, but many). Anyone who is on bb10/OS7 are jaded to the fact that other than phone/email/sms/bbm/browser (BB10, not OS7)/(non cloud) document editing, then your phone is slower than a phone should be. Period. And if you're running Android runtime, it is significantly slower. Watching other people load their apps is painful for me because I see just how slow my BlackBerry is.

BlackBerry has always been about doing things more efficiently. For me, BlackBerry OS and its Android runtime is no longer efficient. I am required to use my phone for more than just document editing, phone, and email. Once I leave BlackBerry's comfort zone, slow loading times and glitchyness is slowing me up for what I need to get done. And it's getting slower and slower everyday (has anyone loaded BlackBerry travel recently? Dreadfully slow). I believe that many people, and gradually more and more will not be able to put up with how slow their phones are. (and no, I don't play games, I have a desktop for that)

I suppose it's all relative, though. If you're oblivious and live with your head in the sand not having seen any other phones in use, then of course your BlackBerry is sufficient. Kinda like my father who lives on a farm that only has satellite Internet thinks it is the fastest thing ever since he stopped using 56K.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 10:40 AM
    I have to agree with Bigbadwulf here. 'quite sufficient' is no longer satisfactory for many as requirements for phones change. For basic communication, fine, BBOS/BB10 is great, but not many are able to do only basic communication anymore (not everyone, but many). Anyone who is on bb10/OS7 are jaded to the fact that other than phone/email/sms/bbm/browser (BB10, not OS7)/(non cloud) document editing, then your phone is slower than a phone should be. Period. And if you're running Android runtime, it is significantly slower. Watching other people load their apps is painful for me because I see just how slow my BlackBerry is.

BlackBerry has always been about doing things more efficiently. For me, BlackBerry OS and its Android runtime is no longer efficient. I am required to use my phone for more than just document editing, phone, and email. Once I leave BlackBerry's comfort zone, slow loading times and glitchyness is slowing me up for what I need to get done. And it's getting slower and slower everyday (has anyone loaded BlackBerry travel recently? Dreadfully slow). I believe that many people, and gradually more and more will not be able to put up with how slow their phones are.

I suppose it's all relative, though. If you're oblivious and live with your head in the sand not having seen any other phones in use, then of course your BlackBerry is sufficient. Kinda like my father who lives on a farm that only has satellite Internet thinks it is the fastest thing ever since he stopped using 56K.
    Your passport is slow? Hmm sure you're not doing something to it? As for being oblivious, I've used many phones, I'm typing this on a 4gb RAM android tablet. I know what speed is, yet for a phone, I prefer my BlackBerry Passport and the apps it contains. I've owned iPhones and Androids but I don't feel like I'm missing anything with the passport. I don't understand your point.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-24-17 10:47 AM
    Your passport is slow? Hmm sure you're not doing something to it? As for being oblivious, I've used many phones, I'm typing this on a 4gb RAM android tablet. I know what speed is, yet for a phone, I prefer my BlackBerry Passport and the apps it contains. I've owned iPhones and Androids but I don't feel like I'm missing anything with the passport. I don't understand your point.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    The only thing I'm doing with my Passport is using it. I only use BlackBerry World and Amazon App store for my apps (which I don't even have many). 15 of 32 gigs used. It's just slow. I just booked a flight to Seoul and opened up BlackBerry travel. It was black for 6 seconds before it loaded up my trips. WeChat takes an astounding 30 seconds to load up, so I never close out of that app, BlackBerry maps (which is missing a significant amount of country data) takes 4, maps.me (even with offline maps downloaded) takes 10 seconds to fully load.

And even the communication apps I have (that I can actually use on BlackBerry) that do load quickly (gtalk, whatsapp) are crippled by limited usability. WhatApp is done in June, and gtalk has no other uses other than just chatting.

Basically, my point is that bigbadwulf is not wrong when they say that BlackBerry is not sufficient for many users. I'm happy that it works for you, but it doesn't work for many anymore, myself included.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 11:09 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry travel isn't working properly because worldmate (which BlackBerry travel is) is being discontinued and removed from app stores on March 31st.
    03-24-17 11:21 AM
    3. The disappointment for me was the reason I came in the first place - namely the KEYBOARD. The keys are way too small and not close to the quality of either the classic, bold 9900, or the passport.
    Posted via CB10
    Well that's a bummer. I was at the Miami meetup but didn't get a chance to use the keyboard. The passport has the best Keyboard ever and that's enough to make me want to keep using it for another year despite the OS slowly becomming obsolete. The Priv keyboard is not great but I am getting used to it, I was hoping the KeyOne keyboard would be at least comparable to the Bold 9700 or old Curve keyboards but it's not even as good as those? Ugh.

I wish Blackberry Mobile would just put the Passport keyboard on a phone as a slide out portrait style phone like my old HTC
    For Passport owners...you can pass on the KEYone-htc-desire-z.jpg
    03-24-17 12:16 PM
    I think we're going down the drain when it comes to design for the sake of evolution. Ugh you just brought memories of the Nokia communicator!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 12:33 PM
    How about email on blackberry android? Will it be as good as os10?

Posted via CB10
    It's not. I don't know what magic BlackBerry 10 had but it got emails before my Gmail even did. On android it works but it does not seem to by getting instant notification sometimes, sometimes I need to open the hub and will get 4-5 emails all of a sudden
    03-24-17 12:42 PM
    I would like to hear from Priv and Dtek users of Hub. Is the above true? If so blackberry 10 it is.

I need efficiency when it comes to finding emails and attachments to get my job done. blackberry 10 does this better than ios and android systems. So the K1 will be on back burner until this gets resolved. All the shiny keys and app support will not get the task done!

Posted via CB10
    Nah it's not true. The hub on android is great, it's a bit different but as far as email goes I believe it has identical or more options than bb10 has.
    Search works great too, they integrated the same remote search which is a lifesaver.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    100% agree with you. That's exactly how I feel. No good reason for me to leave the Passport. In fact, it's been my daily driver for 16 months now and I find myself loving it more every day.

I don't doubt that it isn't sufficient for others, though. I guess I'm lucky.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and ratfinkstooley like this.
    03-24-17 01:15 PM
85 1234