It's interesting because everyone but you praises the keyboard... maybe you were expecting something too close to the passport which is impossible given the form factor...
    I was not expecting the passport keyboard at all. I'm just disappointed at how small the keys were when compared to the classic, not the passport. That is all.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 11:33 AM
    Well, I tried the classic keypad & it was okay, the Passport definitely feel better. But nvr tried on KEYone tho. I think that just a drawback from having no app gap?

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    03-23-17 11:38 AM
    it's in your own best interest to buy a KEYone on day one. Use it a a companion to the Passport.....

Because I think the PKB form factor is going to need all the help it can get to survive.
    Lol. Whaaat?!
    Its pathetic at least hehe.
    Buy a product out of social duty or what....
    BlackBerry screwed us several times(even android bb users- where is picture password for the dtek50?!) so this time they wont get me with this- come on help us please. Please buy this phone. Please, please. We are out of luck. We designed a flop again but please buy it.

I'd rather buy a 2nd Passport and wait till the keyone gets super cheap. If you like to throw out money- ok its your choice!!

via Passport OG
    EndRacism likes this.
    03-23-17 11:43 AM
    It would be nice if BlackBerry could implement a widget notification system that could replace Androids drop down notification and pop up notifications that take you to the stock apps. If BlackBerry had their own widget that could take you to the hub or into the specific category for that notification that would be very efficient.

Here is an example of a way it can bne done, I've used this notification system before.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....notifications

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 11:58 AM
    Awesome. So the hub on k1 or other blackberry devices using Android are similar to email on os10?

Posted via CB10
    I really don't notice any difference really. Oh, there are minor changes probably. And since I don't text, the minor issues with that are not something I deal with.

The Hub really is the Hub. I can't speak to how it works on 3rd party devices.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 12:04 PM
    Lol. Whaaat?!
    BlackBerry screwed us several times(even android bb users- where is picture password for the dtek50?!) so this time they wont get me with this- come on help us please. Please buy this phone. Please, please. We are out of luck. We designed a flop again but please buy it.

I'd rather buy a 2nd Passport and wait till the keyone gets super cheap. If you like to throw out money- ok its your choice!!

via Passport OG
    There is not Picture Password on the Dtek50? That does seem odd. I've got it on my Priv.
    03-23-17 12:06 PM
    No. It duplicates the android stock notification center. Emails in the android hub are ok. But for me its still better on BB10.
    Sometimes you get double notifications, messages are not displayed correctly. For example from WA - you see only the last received ones. Even if the last ones was a message from you, so a send message. You dont see it. Today I have send 3 different messages from WA, even received one. But my hub shows old messages from 22 March :/
    The hub is JUST an app. For someone maybe a good email app but a poor notification app.
    You can use your android device a whole day and dont even touch the hub- because its faster and efficient to use the stock notification system.

via Q10
    You only get duplicate notifications in Android using BB Hub if you have two apps doing the same things. Oftentimes people set up the gmail mail app (not realizing they have done so during initial setup) and then setup the Hub also. The fix? Disable the mail app you do not wish to use. For me the gmail app is disabled (i would uninstall if i were allowed) and the Hub is being used (3 EAS accounts and 3 IMAP accounts). No double notifications for me. In fact, there are 2 DTEK60s (including mine) and 3 Privs in my universe. No double notifications on any of these devices.

Check and see if you are running HUB and Gmail at the same time.
    PantherBlitz, FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-23-17 12:37 PM
    There is not Picture Password on the Dtek50? That does seem odd. I've got it on my Priv.
    I asked my friend to check his DETK50 and he says it's absent.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-17 01:25 PM
    The BB10 Passport SE is the best of the best!

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    03-23-17 01:39 PM
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback on the keyone. It might still be a question of getting used to the keyboard, my only experience has been with the passport SE, and a very positive one. Instead of replacing it, I'm starting to think that complementing it with an android tablet might make more sense, for me.
    03-23-17 01:41 PM
    Yep. They said it will come in the next update....and again soon, later, later this year...not
    I love BB, but hate their managment and way of doing business/customer relationship.

via Passport OG
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-17 02:18 PM
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback on the keyone. It might still be a question of getting used to the keyboard, my only experience has been with the passport SE, and a very positive one. Instead of replacing it, I'm starting to think that complementing it with an android tablet might make more sense, for me.
    You are most welcome. I just wanted to get my visceral reactions out as soon as possible. My hope is always for BlackBerry to thrive. We all really love our phones and thus it is a camaraderie that is not share with other platforms. When the KEYONE comes out in carrier stores, it will be their retail version so let's see if I have a change of heart. Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 03:17 PM
    More impressed by the Priv's Kb?!! That leaves me very concerned. The Priv had one of the worst KBs that BB ever made, imho.
    On the other hand, all other statements of first users about the K1 kb were quite enthusiastic, if I remember correctly. Some even said it was on par with the Classic.
    Also, the size comparisons that I saw looked like the KB being almost the same size as the Classic....
    Very confusing.
    Hopefully this is just a matter of getting used to. Just recently, I dug out my old Nokia E72, which I could type on quite well back then, and it's keys felt ridiculously small! But I used it for over a year and was quite happy!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed, the K1 seems to be the last chance for decent PKB typing experiences!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 03:58 PM
    Lol. Whaaat?!
    TCL is not BlackBerry. They are not going to fling stuff against the wall and see what sticks. If the K1 flops, they will certainly be done with PKB handsets.
    03-23-17 04:48 PM
    That's why it was interesting to me because in the several meet up so far the common praises were the premium built, kb in par of the classic, great screen... of course, different folks different strokes but maybe you would like it better in a second session with the device... I remember years ago I bought a Toshiba laptop online, top of the line... when I received it I was kind of disappointed... the second time I used it I felt better with it and I kept that one for 5 years...

I was not expecting the passport keyboard at all. I'm just disappointed at how small the keys were when compared to the classic, not the passport. That is all.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 05:19 PM
    TCL is not BlackBerry. They are not going to fling stuff against the wall and see what sticks. If the K1 flops, they will certainly be done with PKB handsets.
    We don't know what their estimate is for a flop or succes. Plus, they want to build a portfolio. I think more keyboard devices will see the light of day, no matter how many K1 devices they sell.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 05:28 PM
    That's why it was interesting to me because in the several meet up so far the common praises were the premium built, kb in par of the classic, great screen... of course, different folks different strokes but maybe you would like it better in a second session with the device... I remember years ago I bought a Toshiba laptop online, top of the line... when I received it I was kind of disappointed... the second time I used it I felt better with it and I kept that one for 5 years...
    Actually that is what I am hoping for really. Will give it another try when it is officially released. Can't be flying all over the country following CBK around. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 05:59 PM
    Hahaha why not? It is just money if the love is for real...

Actually that is what I am hoping for really. Will give it another try when it is officially released. Can't be flying all over the country following CBK around. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 06:06 PM
    Feeling is all very subjective.

I personally don't like the Passport OG keyboard. The thing feels mushy and it feels like I have to push too hard to register the keys. The keyboard is also very wide, so I feel like my fingers are moving way more than they have to when I type. Basically it just feels like I have to work too hard to type on it.

Of the keyboards I own it goes: 9900 > Q10/ Q5 > OG Passport.

And the reasoning behind it has to do with spacing (size of the whole keyboard and space between the keys), key texture (the shape of the keys, like how BlackBerry's keys angle up), and clickiness (travel and bounceback). Q5 and Q10 was hard to compare because I like the travel more on the Q5, but the spacing wasn't as good as the Q10.

I don't understand what 'bad quality' keyboards feel like to you, OP.

You say that it lacks clickiness, but I think the Passport is the least clicky keyboard of all that I've used. I also haven't felt a Priv, but everyone, and I mean EVERYone says that its keyboard lacks a significant amount of travel. To me it seems like you're most disappointed by the size of it since the Priv is the next widest keyboard other than the Passport.

Can you give some more detail?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 06:07 PM
    Yep. They said it will come in the next update....and again soon, later, later this year...not
    I love BB, but hate their managment and way of doing business/customer relationship.

via Passport OG
    Wonder what's so difficult?

But it is on the Dtek60?
    03-23-17 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everyone is different, a cliche to say the least, but quite a few Passport users have reported that it did not take long to re-adjust their typing style or opinions and found the Priv quite serviceable. And the Priv's pkb is definitely quite different besides key sizes but the travel (press) is very different.

And some of us chased CB all the way to Barcelona! (a great experience).
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 07:01 PM
    Indeed FF!

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 07:17 PM
    So I just got home from the NYC meetup and here are some initial impressions and details of the phone:

1. Everyone was super cool. The venue was nice and big enough and CBK is taller in person than expected. Haha! Also there was a Simon Sage sighting. Thought he left so it was nice to see him.
    2. The build quality of the phone is very good, but in no way does it compare to the passport.
    3. The disappointment for me was the reason I came in the first place - namely the KEYBOARD. The keys are way too small and not close to the quality of either the classic, bold 9900, or the passport.
    4. However, the screen was crisp and rendered colors and contrast sharply.
    5. The spacebar is only slightly elevated from the keys and looks almost flush.
    6. The weight mimicked the passport closely so it did at least feel solid in hand.
    7. It is not nearly as tall as I thought it would be.
    8. If they could have lengthened the phone about 1/2 inch and brought over the classic keyboard, this is an unqualified homerun. But, for me anyway, I will pass on it.
    9. I was speaking to a nice fellow who brought his Priv and I was surprisingly more impressed with its keyboard than the KEYone's.

Attachment 420012

Posted via CB10
    2. Does it matter how it compares to the current? Still a great build quality. Clear differences btwn passport and keyone, I don't think this is an important factor, to compare.

3. Keys ofc smaller than passport, but passport is huge. Otherwise, still bigger than both others mentioned?

8. It's a unique phone with no precedent, the keyone is.

I'm not sure I read any good reason to steer away from that phone. You didn't speak about the actual decide, so I think this post is misleading to those actually considering the keyone,

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 07:32 PM
    I have a passport and a priv. I don't have the double notification issue with the priv at all. I think the key is to turn off the unnecessary notifications for apps which is quite easy to do on the priv. The hub on passport is pretty hard to beat but I think BlackBerry android is catching up pretty quickly. I hope they keep the development up.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 07:59 PM
    2. Does it matter how it compares to the current? Still a great build quality. Clear differences btwn passport and keyone, I don't think this is an important factor, to compare.

3. Keys ofc smaller than passport, but passport is huge. Otherwise, still bigger than both others mentioned?

8. It's a unique phone with no precedent, the keyone is.

I'm not sure I read any good reason to steer away from that phone. You didn't speak about the actual decide, so I think this post is misleading to those actually considering the keyone,

Posted via CB10
    If you want one. No one's stopping you. But for me, if I can't overcome the keyboard there is no point. My feeling have softened through the day. So I will wait until it comes to US carriers. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 08:10 PM
85 1234