Hah, with the PKB I tend to be 'wordier' as well. Do you have the original Passport or the SE? I'm curious how the keys are on the SE, heard they were softer. Although mine is pretty worn in now.

Do you care if it's BB10 or Android?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry just replying, I have the original PassPort, although I'm watching the prices on the SE, I might just swing it sometime soon, I've read that it types even better because of the way it sits in the hand with the slightly raised keyboard from the bottom
    05-25-16 11:31 AM
    The looks, keyboard, BB10.. etc, etc, etc.. =)

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:48 AM
    Something I've noticed on the forums time and again is how many Passport owners seem so passionate about this device. As a Passport owner I feel the same. I was a longtime iPhone / occasional Android user on mobile but when I first saw the Passport, I was excited and bought it immediately. It was my first PKB device and after an initial learning curve I have no regrets.

I love BB10 as an OS, but frankly the idea of losing the form factor of the Passport bothers me more. If anything I probably would have moved on by now, as good as BB10 is out of the box. I'd love to see a slightly modified version of the Passport (4:3 screen ratio) come over to Android and live on.

Curious how others feel. What is it about the Passport that you love? The hardware, combination of hardware and BB10, the fact that it doesn't look like most phones, the wide screen for texts / reading etc. Also, curious if you're a longtime BlackBerry user or are relatively new to BlackBerry and were just drawn in by the unconventional design. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    We are actually getting it, aren't we. The vienna phone looks like longer PP with full BB pkb and probably 4:3 display, so thats nice.
    I am actually thinking of getting the vienna as well, asap.

What I saw the PP I knew I would love it, but the prize at that time was horrible. (650 euro in here) So i forgot about it, ultil recently, when I found one for 100 with a broken glass. I repaired it and I never had a better msging machine. Ever. Key keyboard is flawless. The batterlife, greater than anything I have owned before. Form-factor is much better than I expected it to be, display is awesome. The only problem. Cobalts solution works, but the greatest thing really was hub integration with all the apps, whic is missing now :/
    Last edited by v0id_walker; 05-27-16 at 11:59 AM.
    05-26-16 05:38 PM
    I own what some may consider, the red-headed stepchild of the passport line. The At&t variant. Which after a year of use, has not let me down in the least. I love my passport and use it daily. I must confess, that I would love to own an OG in white. I may consider it.

Posted via my awesome Blacberry 10 device.
    Zeratul57 and sesp9 like this.
    05-26-16 06:19 PM
    I own what some may consider, the red-headed stepchild of the passport line. The At&t variant. Which after a year of use, has not let me down in the least. I love my passport and use it daily. I must confess, that I would love to own an OG in white. I may consider it.

Posted via my awesome Blackberry 10 device.
    White looks good but the Silver has a softer keyboard that is kinda making up for no wireless charging but still a MAJOR loss. I had no problem with the att keyboard.

Rooted droid slave hackers wish they knew the Passport. Losers!
    05-26-16 09:43 PM
    I've had the original black and the SE but my white passport just screams elegance. Out of the passports, the white variant gets all the attention, Ooooo's and Ahhhh's....

Passport Owners: Y U Feelin' It?-93b4209b66ddce42fe51651810b3938e.jpg

Passport Owners: Y U Feelin' It?-7a99b58f26ee47f449ca16d817fdf949-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:23 PM
    I've had the original black and the SE but my white passport just screams elegance. Out of the passports, the white variant gets all the attention, Ooooo's and Ahhhh's....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93b4209b66ddce42fe51651810b3938e.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	400775

Name:	7a99b58f26ee47f449ca16d817fdf949(1).jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	400776

Posted via CB10
    Damn! That's a sexy phone.
    05-27-16 06:00 AM
    Happy passport user as well

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 10:21 AM
    Y'know considering the alleged uptick in interest in the 9900, you'd think the Passport would have some traction. And one would hope that the management of BlackBerry would notice.
    But that bed of laurels is soooo soft.....

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 12:17 PM
    The longer chin on the phone helps you hold the SE better than the OG when typing.
    Why do people keep saying this? I never have had an issue balancing the OG Passport in my hands while typing--the sharp corners actually aid in stability as I tuck my middle fingers under them.

I actually find the SE and ATT versions to be more unstable despite their chins due to those curved corners: nowhere to grip the device with my middle fingers.

I feel as though the people who note the longer chin as having any benefit to stability have never used the OG Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 08:11 PM
    The large screen, form factor is good but a 4/3 would be a little better. BB10, I really like it. The home screen, the hub. The Keyboard. That's the reason I got the phone in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 10:17 AM

Name:	93b4209b66ddce42fe51651810b3938e.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	400775

Name:	7a99b58f26ee47f449ca16d817fdf949(1).jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	400776

Posted via CB10
    Nice witchcraft!! 😂

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    sesp9 likes this.
    05-28-16 09:12 PM
    I have two passports, a black and an SE. Love this phone, love the thinking behind it. I bet you even Steve Jobs would love it.

Posted via CB10
    ovoxo1 likes this.
    05-29-16 03:41 AM
    Why do people keep saying this? I never have had an issue balancing the OG Passport in my hands while typing--the sharp corners actually aid in stability as I tuck my middle fingers under them.

I actually find the SE and ATT versions to be more unstable despite their chins due to those curved corners: nowhere to grip the device with my middle fingers.

I feel as though the people who note the longer chin as having any benefit to stability have never used the OG Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I feel as though I actually have had both.

The longer chin on the SE, to me, makes it more stable than the red and the black, which yes, I did actually own, because it makes the keyboard higher up when I hold it on top of my pinkies with both hands.

The OG one with its shorter chin sits slightly lower, and I'd have to push it up a little to type the best. This increases the chances of it falling forward and out of my hands.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport Owners: Y U Feelin' It?-image.jpg   Passport Owners: Y U Feelin' It?-image.jpeg  
    v0id_walker likes this.
    06-01-16 12:22 PM
    I have two passports, a black and an SE. Love this phone, love the thinking behind it. I bet you even Steve Jobs would love it.

Posted via CB10
    I really wish they had the same level of marketing steve jobbs could do.
    In my opinion, thats why they were(are?) failing.
    If they would do something for the consumers... would be nice
    06-01-16 12:40 PM
    Blackberry is my first ever smartphone bb 9900 but things change when the progress of to camera change drastically. I was forced to try samsung,Lg,sony, iPhone and HTC( which I really like most well aside from BB) but went back to Blackberry z10 when it was released. And feel so great about the phone no regrets at all! Until I started using some wearable and smart watch this where my struggle starts those wearable don't support bb10. And sideloading them makes the app buggy

From there I decided to use two phones I bought HTC when BlackBerry Passport se has been released I grab it and I love everything about it. the hardware built, the swipe gestures is like a heaven sent. Very intuitive though the camera is ok in daylight night shots are kinda ho hum. I also got the Priv but I'm still more inclined to passport se probably because of the combinations of mails and calendar via Hub. I still think bb10 still have a future it just needs a right combination of UNIQUE sets of software tricks+ very good cameras(front and back) some recent innovations in hardware such as finger print scanner. Well now the sideloading an app works better than before less buggy but still quite slow but I don't mind(except when I'm tracking my heart rate during workout). So why am I staying in BlackBerry? I actually don't know but I have the feeling that it's because of the basic combination that bb10 offers me. The UI is in between the too simple iOS and too cluttered android Os. The keyboard and it's functionality and the wide screen and the speakers.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-01-16 03:28 PM
    ... too cluttered android Os. The keyboard and it's functionality and the wide screen and the speakers.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you people get the "cluttered android", really? For the money of the passport there is NO device that is cluttering in the mainstream of android devices. Nowadays 180 dollars worth android device is blazing fast(china ofc). I have the feeling you are talking about Android froyo, or similar (2.2) from two lifetimes ago.
    06-01-16 03:42 PM
    Where do you people get the "cluttered android", really? For the money of the passport there is NO device that is cluttering in the mainstream of android devices. Nowadays 180 dollars worth android device is blazing fast(china ofc). I have the feeling you are talking about Android froyo, or similar (2.2) from two lifetimes ago.
    well im basing it in my experience with android lollipop. i find that itst still cluttered/messy/disorganized in opening an app like mails or fb etc. whether im using my notification tray or the app itself. And that's where the Blackberry shines. the Blackberry Hub in Blackberry os will not require you to open the app if you just want to peek or know some few details about it. yes you can expand android notification but still mess up the notification tray.when downloading an app it goes straight to the home screen. and yes i considered it as cluttered in a sense that the implementation is messy. like i said, that makes me like blackberry 10 UX more its not too simple like apple yet not too overwhelming like android. though they been toning it down in the past years they are doing great but the notifications are still not as productive as i want it to be. im using both android and BB10 so i can really say the difference. its like productivity vs customization. at the end of the day it all boils down on what you prefer. $180 dollar blazing fast? that is funny even g5 slows down dont kid yourself.
    06-22-16 04:25 AM
    well im basing it in my experience with android lollipop. i find that itst still cluttered/messy/disorganized in opening an app like mails or fb etc. whether im using my notification tray or the app itself. And that's where the Blackberry shines. the Blackberry Hub in Blackberry os will not require you to open the app if you just want to peek or know some few details about it. yes you can expand android notification but still mess up the notification tray.when downloading an app it goes straight to the home screen. and yes i considered it as cluttered in a sense that the implementation is messy. like i said, that makes me like blackberry 10 UX more its not too simple like apple yet not too overwhelming like android. though they been toning it down in the past years they are doing great but the notifications are still not as productive as i want it to be. im using both android and BB10 so i can really say the difference. its like productivity vs customization. at the end of the day it all boils down on what you prefer. $180 dollar blazing fast? that is funny even g5 slows down dont kid yourself.
    Regarding 180$ droid: The UMi Super is Awesome - Hands-on review | Review Hub + promo: UMi Smartphone see reviews & youtube. Xiaomi is doing simmilary fast phones for somewhat more money.
    Lolipop was not great, especially the 5.0. 4.4 was faster at the time of release, so you might have had some issues. 5.1 was better again.
    Which flavour of android are you taking about? Touchwiz? The Htc one? Sony? What HW? At what prizerange?

My passport slows down(starts visibly lagging) much more though (not talking about runnig apps on android runtime, as it si not native) if I run more than 4 apps. My one plus does not lag, no matter what I do with the phone. And they do have the same HW. Sadly, the one does not have a PKB nor proper hub, so I have to use both. Since BB had like... how mane devices? The optimalisation should have had been much much better.
    06-22-16 09:32 AM
    My first BlackBerry device.

It's special, different, it sort of looks and feels like a gameboy.

Reading on the wide screen is just pleasing, (watching videos on the other hand is a bit worse compared to a rectangular screen) but still unique as it resembles a CRT tv.

The keyboard and the gestures are so cool.

I really like the Hub.

It was love at first sight. I didn't care much for the support, it's one of those things that I needed to have in my life.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 05:50 AM
70 123