Something I've noticed on the forums time and again is how many Passport owners seem so passionate about this device. As a Passport owner I feel the same. I was a longtime iPhone / occasional Android user on mobile but when I first saw the Passport, I was excited and bought it immediately. It was my first PKB device and after an initial learning curve I have no regrets.

I love BB10 as an OS, but frankly the idea of losing the form factor of the Passport bothers me more. If anything I probably would have moved on by now, as good as BB10 is out of the box. I'd love to see a slightly modified version of the Passport (4:3 screen ratio) come over to Android and live on.

Curious how others feel. What is it about the Passport that you love? The hardware, combination of hardware and BB10, the fact that it doesn't look like most phones, the wide screen for texts / reading etc. Also, curious if you're a longtime BlackBerry user or are relatively new to BlackBerry and were just drawn in by the unconventional design. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:01 AM
    Passport is a distinctive looking devcic.... people aren't even sure what it is.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-18-16 08:11 AM
    its none of your business.
    05-18-16 08:12 AM
    Meh. It's a phone. A great phone at that.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:14 AM
    I've always loved the looks. If I could load android on it then I would be rocking it for at least 3-4 years.
    anon(9742832) and DarkJoker33 like this.
    05-18-16 08:18 AM
    Thanks for playing, lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:24 AM
    everything about passport and BlackBerry 10......amazing!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:53 AM
    I've always loved the looks. If I could load android on it then I would be rocking it for at least 3-4 years.
    So purely the hardware form factor. And presumably you'd feel the same way if it was manufactured by Samsung, HTC, Apple (bwahaha), etc?

Are there any BlackBerry services you would want like Blend, Hub, etc or are you good with stock?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 09:03 AM
    I feel proud,

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 09:04 AM
    everything about passport and BlackBerry 10......amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Would you get an Android version of the passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 09:04 AM

Passport Owners: Y U Feelin' It?-like-button-11-210x210.jpg

Posted via CB10
    chopachain and anon(9742832) like this.
    05-18-16 09:07 AM
    I have two Passports. Best PKB device ever.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    05-18-16 10:56 AM
    The keyboard, I've got two phones, when it comes to banging out emails and IM's people can hardly keep up with my blitz of responses, in the end they just give up and call me
    05-18-16 02:49 PM
    The keyboard, I've got two phones, when it comes to banging out emails and IM's people can hardly keep up with my blitz of responses, in the end they just give up and call me
    Hah, with the PKB I tend to be 'wordier' as well. Do you have the original Passport or the SE? I'm curious how the keys are on the SE, heard they were softer. Although mine is pretty worn in now.

Do you care if it's BB10 or Android?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 02:52 PM
    Nothing is perfect, but this minicomputer is just an awesome smartphone...

Cannot understand not many more have one!!!

I'll keep it forever and hope BlackBerry OS will have rebirth with a new edition...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 03:21 PM
    When Passport first came out, I wasn't sure what to make of it... I didn't think it was a good phone... until a friend had one and I tried it out.

It was love at first sight... so, when they had a sale, I bought the red one!

It's the keyboard functions that makes it very distinct from other phones.
    dgzagm likes this.
    05-18-16 03:24 PM
    I really love the square screen. I prefer it for just about every purpose. If only videos would ZOOM to a square (some do) I'd be perfectly content. Apps, the web, images and everything else just seems to look better on a square. The rectangular screens of iPhone and Android devices are either too short and too wide, or too long and too narrow. I have to scroll left, right, up and down to view everything (except those 16:9 movie trailers). Finally, I take a lot of pictures of my child and I really, really like the square shots.
    05-18-16 06:06 PM
    Form factor! No bettr screen on the market! And keyboard\virtual combo!! Prob gonna keep this one for yrs to come

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 06:21 PM
    Best hardware out there. I would buy one with android, and will buy a few more with BlackBerry 10 if we don't get an android version soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 06:28 PM
    I really love the square screen. I prefer it for just about every purpose. If only videos would ZOOM to a square (some do) I'd be perfectly content. Apps, the web, images and everything else just seems to look better on a square. The rectangular screens of iPhone and Android devices are either too short and too wide, or too long and too narrow. I have to scroll left, right, up and down to view everything (except those 16:9 movie trailers). Finally, I take a lot of pictures of my child and I really, really like the square shots.
    Totally agree. If they made an Android variant (4:3) they could make the resolution 1920 x 1440 (if my math is right) and still have that great wide experience for text.
    05-18-16 06:28 PM
    Best hardware out there. I would buy one with android, and will buy a few more with BlackBerry 10 if we don't get an android version soon.

Posted via CB10
    I'm debating whether it's worth it to pick up an SE for short term future proofing or not. I love the audio call quality, pkb shortcuts, etc.
    05-18-16 06:29 PM
    I love the uniqueness of me SE Passport, and loved my black and red Passports when I had them too.

They are truly one of a kind devices, and I think BlackBerry should find a way to take the design and keyboard tech in the Passports with BlackBerry 10 and do an Android version of it, if indeed they choose to abandon BlackBerry 10. I think this will make the switch to Android a lot easier for some of us, where at least we have a familiar form factor to help us deal with getting used to Android, which is confusing and cluttered to me.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    05-18-16 06:35 PM
    I love the uniqueness of me SE Passport, and loved my black and red Passports when I had them too.

They are truly one of a kind devices, and I think BlackBerry should find a way to take the design and keyboard tech in the Passports with BlackBerry 10 and do an Android version of it, if indeed they choose to abandon BlackBerry 10. I think this will make the switch to Android a lot easier for some of us, where at least we have a familiar form factor to help us deal with getting used to Android, which is confusing and cluttered to me.
    Totally agree. Since you've had both the OG and SE, can you elaborate on the differences? Particularly audio quality and PKB?
    05-18-16 06:37 PM
    Totally agree. Since you've had both the OG and SE, can you elaborate on the differences? Particularly audio quality and PKB?
    The SE is a bit thicker and obviously has the design differences which you've I'm sure noticed. The speakers are the same I believe, it's just that the SE has those drilled holes on the bottom so it appears that the speakers are better. I'll occasionally watch a quick video on my Passport, but I don't listen to music on it, so I don't really use the speakers much. Calls on the speaker are loud and clear, and the ringtones are rich and loud. I remember the OG ones being good too, but I haven't had one since last August, so it's been a while.

The keyboard is what I think is the biggest improvement. The longer chin on the phone helps you hold the SE better than the OG when typing. It is cushier, a more "luxurious" typing experience to me than the OG, which had keys that seemed to travel less. There is also no double typing issue with the SE in my experience, whereas I had it with both the black and the red and had them replaced.
    anon(9353145) and Jrox74 like this.
    05-18-16 06:53 PM
    The SE is a bit thicker and obviously has the design differences which you've I'm sure noticed. The speakers are the same I believe, it's just that the SE has those drilled holes on the bottom so it appears that the speakers are better. I'll occasionally watch a quick video on my Passport, but I don't listen to music on it, so I don't really use the speakers much. Calls on the speaker are loud and clear, and the ringtones are rich and loud. I remember the OG ones being good too, but I haven't had one since last August, so it's been a while.

The keyboard is what I think is the biggest improvement. The longer chin on the phone helps you hold the SE better than the OG when typing. It is cushier, a more "luxurious" typing experience to me than the OG, which had keys that seemed to travel less. There is also no double typing issue with the SE in my experience, whereas I had it with both the black and the red and had them replaced.
    Thanks, those were the two areas I've noticed that people say were tweaked for the better. I'm tempted, lol.
    05-18-16 07:04 PM
70 123