01-04-15 03:16 PM
120 ... 345
tools
    Every time I feel pulled towards the dark side, I hold my Q10 and the Screen size just pulls me back into the light!!!!

Passport Powered
    12-14-14 11:54 PM
    When sitting in a crowded bus or tram, wearing a heavy winter jacket, carrying a shopping bag or rucksack, and then someone calls me on my PP, these are the moments when I hate it. Getting it out from my pants pocket is a pain. First I cannot take it out while sitting, not even in more convenient situations. I always have to stand up. Putting it back into the pocket when the call is over is equally cumbersome. And no kidding, I missed a couple of calls already, as I didn't get the PP out of my pocket in time.

I got used to the PP in the last 6 weeks or so, and even started to like most of its great features. BUt these handling issues are really a pain. As they happen many times during a day, this doesn't help making the PP more likeable for me.

I know from many years of using 'regular' sized BBs and other phones, that this was never an issue before. I will therefore take a serious look at the Classic as soon as it gets released, and am planning to start using my Q5 again, for a few days before the CLassic arrives, rather than the PP, to make the switch to the Classic feel like an upgrade rather than the opposite.
    This is the same for me. The passport sometimes it's very clumsy to use. Difficult to pull out of my trousers and then put back in. Using my Q10 in the meantime. Don't know if I really need the Classic.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    01-04-15 07:01 AM
    Newp....never! I have only had the device since 11 am yesterday and I know that I will rock it until it is no longer supported. i have gone through a zillion devices...you name it, i have probably owned it at some point looking for the "one" device that could be all I needed it to be. The Passport is it!
    01-04-15 07:21 AM
    Passport FTW! But still I'm tempted to get a Classic on top on my passport. Not replacing the passport but adding on another BlackBerry. Hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:34 AM
    Not really,it would be a downgrade imo...i could imagine it as a second device maybe,but not more...and its also too expensive,here around 430 euro new,unlocked and passport 550 euro new,unlocked,so not really a good deal imo

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-04-15 07:53 AM
    Downgrade to a lesser device? Surely you jest.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:29 AM
    Nope. Played around with the Classic for a few hours after buying the Passport and it felt like I was back to using my Bold 9900. Not necessarily a bad thing but I guess I was spoilt by the PPs beautiful screen and 1:1 aspect ratio.

Is it just me or does the Passport seem faster than the Classic as well?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:59 AM
    Passport screen is addictive and it gives you a unique experience of viewing the content.

Noway I can think of going back to a smaller screen

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-04-15 10:06 AM
    Nope. Played around with the Classic for a few hours after buying the Passport and it felt like I was back to using my Bold 9900. Not necessarily a bad thing but I guess I was spoilt by the PPs beautiful screen and 1:1 aspect ratio.

Is it just me or does the Passport seem faster than the Classic as well?

Posted via CB10
    Passport is definitely faster than classic..its 2 different product category

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-04-15 10:07 AM
    Just love the passport no way to replace it!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:45 AM
    I'm not "switching", instead, I'm "augmenting" to the Passport by using the Classic. That is my ideal comfort zone.
    01-04-15 11:54 AM
    No way. Even if I need to use both hands to type I'll still not switch to Classic. I'm so comfy with Passport now and the fact I'm a new BlackBerry user....lol..

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:32 PM
    Kill this stupid post!

Posted via CB10
    +10000000000000

Seriously, it seems like every week someone re-creates this idiotic thread, and there are thousands of em here...

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-04-15 01:00 PM
    Not yet, just got mine a few days ago... I think I'll wait to see what comes after the classic. I don't think anybody should switch unless they are not comfortable with the form factor of the passport, other wise there's no point in downgrading hardware wise!

CB10 Passporter
    01-04-15 01:08 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:17 PM
    I am partially intrigue but will not switch...

How about you guys/gals?

Posted via CB10
    The classic appeals to me for the pocketability of the device. That's it really. I would not chop my Passport in for the classic, but if I were a business looking to purchase effective and robustly built handsets in bulk for a reasonable price, the classic would be it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-04-15 02:30 PM
    I'll switch to the Classic when I have it but won't ditch the Passport. The Classic will be my main device that keeps me moving during the day. The added efficiency of the toolbelt is what I missed in BB10, as a matter of fact I've been longing for a Classic-like device since day one.

The Passport will be like that expensive watch you pull out on those special occasions!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-04-15 02:43 PM
    I'll switch to the Classic when I have it but won't ditch the Passport. The Classic will be my main device that keeps me moving during the day. The added efficiency of the toolbelt is what I missed in BB10, as a matter of fact I've been longing for a Classic-like device since day one.

The Passport will be like that expensive watch you pull out on those special occasions!

This is how I'm leaning as well. Don't have the Classic yet as I'm waiting for it to be released in white. I tested one out today at Bell and immediately felt at home with the trackpad. Nothing beats it for text editing and browser precision. The Classic is definitely a one handed workhorse!!! Can't wait to get one but until then, am loving my Passport !

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:46 PM
    This is how I'm leaning as well. Don't have the Classic yet as I'm waiting for it to be released in white. I tested one out today at Bell and immediately felt at home with the trackpad. Nothing beats it for text editing and browser precision. The Classic is definitely a one handed workhorse!!! Can't wait to get one but until then, am loving my Passport !

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Text editing is the main action! And how about not having to look at your phone to hang up? Getting mine on the 15th. Hope the white one will be here soon!

01-04-15 02:50 PM
    I had the passport at launch. Beast of a phone. But I miss the portability/size of the classic sized phone. Had the classic for a few days now and I don't regret the switch. Classic is way more buggier than the Passport. Hoping future updates will correct the bugs.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:16 PM
120 ... 345