Nope...

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-01-14 09:12 AM
    Yes. I returned my PP and await the 17th.
    12-01-14 10:22 AM
    Uhmmmm, no!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 10:31 AM
    Never, I�m too happy with my Passport...
    12-01-14 10:35 AM
    No way!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    12-01-14 11:05 AM
    im very tempted actually, maybe i'll ask my company to issue me a work classic
    12-01-14 11:58 AM
    Yes I am. While I somewhat mastered the keyboard, have no basic problems with the size and the Passport performs well, I am really thinking about selling it and get a Classic instead on the long run.

I dislike the concept of the virtual keyboard row, my shift key sometimes doesn't react when I quickly tap on it. Sometimes I am either too fast or the system is too slow for my typings, as the second letter of a word gets capitalised as well. It is those little things which sum up to be rather annoying.
    I still am much slower when it comes to inserting symbols due to the missing alt key. This worked much better on the Q10, although I am slowly getting there.

While the size is usually not a big problem for me, the Passport is simply inconvenient in some situations. The smaller sized Q10/Classic are easier and more secure to hold, which nice when you are standing in a train or bus. One handed use is also limited. Quickly checking something with luggage in one hand? At least I am rather insecure holding the PP just one handed with my medium sized hands.

On the other side I really enjoy the great screen for documents and web browsing. The battery life is simply called outstanding and I doubt the Classic can compete there. The large keys on the keyboards make it really comfortable to type on, besides the annoying responsiveness of the virtual shift key, this is the best physical keyboard I ever used on a mobile phone. And I have used a lot ranging from Nokia over to HTC and BlackBerry. The only mobile device which was better was the legendary Psion MX5, which to be fair wasn't a phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:05 PM
    A slight maybe. Its annoying to type numbers with letters on the passport. Example 100mm x 75mm diameter

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:07 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:19 PM
    i don't think so. I'm pretty happy that what I have will suit my needs for the medium term future, and I'm pretty sure the classic won't give me that. I couldn't give up this battery life on the Passport for anything now.
    12-01-14 01:14 PM
    absolutely not!!!!...why would i want to switch to the classic?
    12-01-14 01:17 PM
    USA Today works fine on my passport? No issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:26 PM
    I'll probably switch for a few days here and there when I finally get my hands on one. It's just so much more portable. The passport has been getting in the way of answering calls when pulling it out of my pocket lately. Then again I don't think I can give up the wide screen. It's a completely different experience than narrow screens. It feels so much bigger. A lot easier to look at, read words off of and navigate through.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    nglfmark likes this.
    12-01-14 01:28 PM
    Two reasons why I might possibly consider switching are the overly strong resistance of the Passport space key and lack of "back" key on Passport.
    As far as form factor and size goes, I would, if anything, like something even bigger.
    So long as it fits in my suit jacket inner pocket, I am game.
    12-01-14 01:55 PM
    When sitting in a crowded bus or tram, wearing a heavy winter jacket, carrying a shopping bag or rucksack, and then someone calls me on my PP, these are the moments when I hate it. Getting it out from my pants pocket is a pain. First I cannot take it out while sitting, not even in more convenient situations. I always have to stand up. Putting it back into the pocket when the call is over is equally cumbersome. And no kidding, I missed a couple of calls already, as I didn't get the PP out of my pocket in time.

I got used to the PP in the last 6 weeks or so, and even started to like most of its great features. BUt these handling issues are really a pain. As they happen many times during a day, this doesn't help making the PP more likeable for me.

I know from many years of using 'regular' sized BBs and other phones, that this was never an issue before. I will therefore take a serious look at the Classic as soon as it gets released, and am planning to start using my Q5 again, for a few days before the CLassic arrives, rather than the PP, to make the switch to the Classic feel like an upgrade rather than the opposite.
    nglfmark likes this.
    12-01-14 02:15 PM
    ^

So your still not sure if you like the PP.. It seems to be more of a width issue for you. What are you going to do with the PP now that you don't want to handle it anymore?
    12-01-14 02:21 PM
    Nope. They needed to go 4:3 on the screen for me to convert from my Q10, which did not happen. I can't even log into my Android banking app on the Q10 because the login button is off screen. Not going to pay a premium for the same thing I already had.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:56 PM
    ^

So your still not sure if you like the PP.. It seems to be more of a width issue for you. What are you going to do with the PP now that you don't want to handle it anymore?
    Once I familiarized with the Classic, and don't miss the PP, I'll sell it, or keep it as a 'surf tablet'. If I miss it when using the Classic, I'll keep it and try to live with the size related issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:15 PM
    Not really tempted, but as a previous 9700, 9900 and Q10 user, I can definitely see the appeal. Even now, I'm not sure whether the new keyboard is all that better. Maybe when more touch enabled gestures come, but at the moment I feel like I was quicker and far more accurate than with the Passport's keyboard. Not complaining though. Love the screen size!
    dono007 likes this.
    12-01-14 03:48 PM
    Yea rite u can pull my passport from my dead cold fingers .... just saying
    12-01-14 04:21 PM
    No temptation at all since the passport runs android apps a lot smoother due to more processor horse power!
    A passport/hybrid with a 4-row touch sensitive keyboard and a 4 inch screen would pull me away from this damn beauty passport!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    12-01-14 04:27 PM
    Not!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-01-14 04:29 PM
    USA Today works fine on my passport? No issues.

Posted via CB10
    And are you using the app? The app shows not available for this device for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:04 PM
    Just made this huge investment on the pp and let's face it technology depreciates... not looking to sell it immediately at a loss... my banker mentality isn't allowing me to rationalize buying another phone at the moment. Besides.. this phone is and probably will always be blackberry's flagship device... at least for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:12 PM
    Only a small number of users are planning to switch over to the classic!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 05:34 PM
120 12345