The only thing that could tempt me is the point/mouse function of the trackpad. But there's some chances that it will be implemented on the Passport's keyboard too one of these days (and I can't wait to use Passport's keyboard as a mouse on web pages to select tiny links or click on contextual menus without touching the screen)

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    11-30-14 05:31 PM
    Not at all tempted to switch! I can now pretty much type without looking at the phone so I don't think I will be changing devices for a while!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:31 PM
    The only thing that could tempt me is the point/mouse function of the trackpad. But there's some chances that it will be implemented on the Passport's keyboard too one of these days (and I can't wait to use Passport's keyboard as a mouse on web pages to select tiny links or click on contextual menus without touching the screen)

Posted via CB10
    They need to implement an option for the keyboard to function as a scroll or as a mouse. I would love the mouse option, it would make one handed use more plausible

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 and Barbareren like this.
    11-30-14 05:32 PM
    They need to implement an option for the keyboard to function as a scroll or as a mouse. I would love the mouse option, it would make one handed use more plausible

Posted via CB10
    Or even a double tap=scrolling
    Triple tap=mouse function

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:36 PM
    I don't think Passport owners are going to go backward a step to a smaller screen size, less processor, less resolution, and ram. If they are, they are probably missing the old form factor of the Bold series and one handed typing while driving.
    11-30-14 05:56 PM
    Funny you know, I came from the Q10 to this Passport & am not looking back. I see a lot of people refer to one handed typing on the Passport... Even on my Q10 I used both thumbs, always, as I do with the Passport. Never ever crossed my mind to type one handed, so don't see the need for a device that I would want one handed use.

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    11-30-14 06:09 PM
    I had the pleasure of seeing and holding a passport in the wild. Post that when I went to the Z10 I was just so disappointed with the thin screen. I am all set on the passport... no classic for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:13 PM
    Funny you know, I came from the Q10 to this Passport & am not looking back. I see a lot of people refer to one handed typing on the Passport... Even on my Q10 I used both thumbs, always, as I do with the Passport. Never ever crossed my mind to type one handed, so don't see the need for a device that I would want one handed use.

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    I also never understood the one handed typing... I guess it was good for having a coffee in the other hand, perhaps? Never has one handed typing been faster than two. Always used two thumbs to type - even on the old Nokia and Motorollas with only a number pad.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-30-14 06:44 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:46 PM
    Nah. Not interested in the Classic at all. If I was, I'd just use my Q10 as my daily driver.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    11-30-14 07:21 PM
    I also never understood the one handed typing... I guess it was good for having a coffee in the other hand, perhaps? Never has one handed typing been faster than two. Always used two thumbs to type - even on the old Nokia and Motorollas with only a number pad.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I think one handed typing is mostly done only when you have to, like walking in the airport pulling a bag behind you, or .........driving. It may be hard for some people to reach across the device with their thumb while holding it.
    11-30-14 07:27 PM
    Nope. I just love working wide and I am getting used to the capacitive keyboard.

I might get a Classic as secondary phone when the non camera version is available.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:18 PM
    Screen size is too much for the classic to convince me over. I am staying with the passport.

Now, if BlackBerry decides to make 4 row keyboard for the Passport 2, I am buying the sucker.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-30-14 09:23 PM
    I'm tempted. I love my Passport but have only owned it for a week. Still going through the initial adjustment of gaining new muscle memory for the three-row keyboard (can't tell you how many times I hit "z" instinctively thinking it's the ALT key) and getting used to the larger form factor (not only in my hands, but with my pockets).

I'll be getting the Classic as soon as it's available in white. I'm guessing that will be around Feb so by then I'll have used the Passport for a good 2-3 months. I will then switch out to the Classic for a couple of months and then decide which will be my daily driver. Either way, I can't lose! God I love my BlackBerrys!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:46 PM
    Not tempted at all. I do like the phone very much, and this hybrid keyboard is innovative. The only phone that may sway me in the foreseeable future is if the BlackBerry "Visa" comes to fruition.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:48 PM
    Not tempted in the least. Love my passport!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:54 PM
    Q10 to Passport. Very happy with Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:09 PM
    Over a month and the Z30 is so small now, and I loved that phone. This is such a powerhouse.
    It might be neat to have the same size form factor and the keyboard be a slider - but I am content. I just finished writing 3 letters of recommendation on the thing without the need for my computer.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    11-30-14 10:22 PM
    How are you guys and so many others getting 2 days of battery life out of your Passport? My battery is usually dead in the late afternoon... Not even one day.
    11-30-14 11:44 PM
    No way .
    11-30-14 11:54 PM
    No way, but I carry two devices so it may someday replace my Q10. If I know myself well, the first video review with the trackpad navigation will push me.....

I've just gotten too used to having physical keys AND swipe gestures, and also the fact that video is not all that bad on the square screen due to the size!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:22 AM
    No, No, No. Reading and Writing/Predictive are a revelation
    also the range of accessories is far better with the passport, they have after all been making the accessories for 27 years before the first IPhone, I'm looking forward to getting a waterproof money belt so I can strap it on my back when I go swimming its an ultimate sports phone contender
    12-01-14 04:08 AM
    I'm tempted to switch to Passport so gimme yours! Lol

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    12-01-14 04:31 AM
    Classic looks like a good phone, but I would not be willing to give up screen size and long battery life! Good successor to Q10 though :-)
    12-01-14 05:23 AM
    I have the Passport. Had it for about two weeks. I must say that I will be moving to the Classic as soon as it is released. The Passport display is great. The keyboard is even great. However, the Passport is not a 'nimble' device. Its not a device I enjoy carrying while traveling. Since the device really is designed to be used with two hands, your elbows tend to wing out.I miss the one handed typing. Thinking about going back to my Z30 for a bit. Also, USATODAY app doesn't work with the Passport. It is the best news push app in the BlackBerry World. NYT is not as good. I will gladly move to the Classic.
    12-01-14 09:00 AM
120 1234 ...