02-02-15 10:49 PM
117 ... 2345
tools
    Everything depends how hard you use the phone.
    When I am between house and office, in both connected over wifi and with use of approx 2-3 hours a day the battery lasts 36 to 48 hours.
    When I am traveling, connected to 3G or 4G, checking and replying all emails, texts, browsing, checking pdf and excel files etc every day, the battery lasts about 16 hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-23-14 03:44 PM
    I tried super hard and couldnt get it lower then 30 percent at the end of the Day. Its a big reason why i bought the Phone and super glad that it doesnt dissapoint!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:55 PM
    During a regular day I get to about 80 percent after a full day of work and the battery begins to dip during my free time at the house using a whole lot of twitter, iGrann, bleacherreport, random Web browsing, Facebook, text, Evernote, and Sketchbook (my new favorite app!)

Can't forget about some quality time on CB too lol

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:35 PM
    Attachment 326201

I stopped spending so much time on reddit and twitter and it's helped a lot!
    01-09-15 12:40 AM
    I'm usually down to 20% by 1pm. Starting the day at 7 am. So the battery isn't too good, losing 80 percent in six hours but then I charge back up to 100 and it usually lasts till around 9pm.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-09-15 12:44 AM
    I would consider myself a heavy user. During the day, work and personal email consumption and heavy BBM/whatsapp usage. During the evenings I bluetooth stream in addition to daily usage activities. I get about an average of 13 hours a day. I would have thought I'd be getting waaaayy better battery life but not really impressed or major improvement compared to my Z30. Is it a bad battery or is this normal based on my above stated activities. I read people getting 1-2 days on their PP.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport | OS v10.3‎
    01-09-15 11:29 AM
    Battery life has been awesome for me. I use it extensively for tethering and the battery still lasts more than a full work day

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 02:52 PM
    Great!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 03:34 PM
    Passport owners, how's your battery life?-img_20150111_182932.png

So far so good after a month of pretty heavy usage. Regular phone calls, four email accounts, Twitter, BBM, WhatsApp, Tumblr, LinkedIn, CB 10, and Tapatalk all running in the background, among others.

I NEVER got this kind of battery longevity before.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:33 AM
    I realize I'm a heavy user but coming from a Z30 which admittedly has great battery life I'm not extremely impressed with the Passport. It really doesn't seem to last any longer. I attribute this to the more power-hungry display and wish the Passport used AMOLED technology like the Z30. Today I've had the phone off the charger for nine hours and it's down to 45% with moderate usage. That said maybe it's still settling and really things could be a lot worse.
    01-13-15 01:08 PM
    Passport owners, how's your battery life?-img_20150110_072946.png

Its an average day...

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-13-15 01:44 PM
    I have no problems either, it easily last me a day and a half with moderate to heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:34 PM
    I have zero complaints. It's quite good. And I can be critical of my devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:35 PM
    I'm sure this was the result of an outside marketing firm posting the tweet, not someone at BlackBerry HQ. But still.. should not have happened obviously.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely better than the Z10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    01-13-15 02:46 PM
    Great. One day at least with normal/heavy use

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 04:09 PM
    Not great, About 10 hours on heavy day. My Z30 was better ir at least as good
    01-13-15 04:17 PM
    I'm on day 6 of owning a beautiful Red Passport. What I've found is its taken a few days for the battery to start really performing. The first couple days I never let it drop to 0% before re-charging to 100%. I'd get approximately 18 to 20 hours I'd say. I didn't feel this was good enough so on about day 4 I let the battery run down to 0% and until the Passport shut itself down. Did a full re-charge overnight. And now I'm getting a good 36 to 38 hours on a full charge with about the same usage during the day and evening. I'm feel at this point that is going to be about the normal performance for me.

Also for those with a Z30 take note that the charger looks the same shape and size as the one that comes with the Passport but the Passport one has a higher output(1300mA) vs Z30's (850mA). That'll make a difference in re-charge time for certain.

I love my Z30, it's a brilliant technological design and a joy to use. Almost a week into a Passport I'm loving it just as much but takes a bit more time to get used to, not a big deal though. Love it and love showing it off.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:29 PM
    Think I am running too many android apps. Get almost a full day, about 8 hours in, have just under 30% left and feel the need to charge her back up with my playbook charger

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-14-15 10:35 PM
    Average battery life, 23hours. Moderate user. 4 email accounts. android instagram. Crackberry. Whatsapp and bbm

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 07:00 AM
    I get about a day-and-a-half when I use it heavily (for me). On work days, when the use is mainly emails and such, it it longer - I can make it to the night of the second day.
    01-16-15 07:25 AM
    Passport owners, how's your battery life?-passport_stats.jpg

I actually get 30 hours of mixed use most for most charges as advertised by BlackBerry. Of course there are days of heavier usage but even then, I get a day out of it. Can't tell you how happy this thing has made me coming from the Z10!
    01-16-15 08:17 AM
    Mine varies. Sometimes 8 hours, sometimes 3 days. Deleting unused Android apps helps a lot.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:20 AM
    Hello wanted to shed some light on this and maybe get some advice so i received my BB Passport Red edition yesterday afternoon and i must say very impressed it is not as big as folks say but I also do have the iPhone 6 plus so maybe thats why. Back to the issue now i set the phone up and charged it full as it came with about 50% battery life. I took the BB off of the charger at around 2am this morning central time USA. I have sent about 4 emails and read through 150 emails (love the way it handles email I disabled on my laptop since this thing is good) anyway i also downloaded only BB apps 3 from the BB world no android apps as the android app store did not have concur which is what i need since my jobs uses this for travel and expense tracking. Can't find the app in BB World either, alright so batter compare here i charged both phones and i have kept my iPhone on as i still need the apps i use daily not games but apps. The iPhone has been connected to my bluetooth bose system and has been on since this morning listening to sports talk while i work non stop i have 40% battery now that just steaming and a game of dominoes with a guy in another in the office. now for the passport again not to much stress on it but i am at 50% so not sure if this will last for 2 days but so far its okay for only one day of use.
    01-16-15 04:41 PM
    Hello wanted to shed some light on this and maybe get some advice so i received my BB Passport Red edition yesterday afternoon and i must say very impressed it is not as big as folks say but I also do have the iPhone 6 plus so maybe thats why. Back to the issue now i set the phone up and charged it full as it came with about 50% battery life. I took the BB off of the charger at around 2am this morning central time USA. I have sent about 4 emails and read through 150 emails (love the way it handles email I disabled on my laptop since this thing is good) anyway i also downloaded only BB apps 3 from the BB world no android apps as the android app store did not have concur which is what i need since my jobs uses this for travel and expense tracking. Can't find the app in BB World either, alright so batter compare here i charged both phones and i have kept my iPhone on as i still need the apps i use daily not games but apps. The iPhone has been connected to my bluetooth bose system and has been on since this morning listening to sports talk while i work non stop i have 40% battery now that just steaming and a game of dominoes with a guy in another in the office. now for the passport again not to much stress on it but i am at 50% so not sure if this will last for 2 days but so far its okay for only one day of use.
    Let the phone die down completely (less than 10% when the yellow light starts blinking and the battery display goes to red) and then put it through a full charge cycle. The phone takes a couple of these complete charge cycles to sync all accounts and get the battery acclimated...

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 07:28 PM
    Battery life is great. At end of busy workday with phone calls, reading & sending emails, I am at often 70'ish percent. Incredible....

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:23 PM
117 ... 2345