For those of you who have been using a Passport for a while, I'm wondering if you would comment on how the square sharp corners feel in the palm of your hand after a while. Do they cause any discomfort or are they unnoticeable? I'm on the verge of ordering one but don't want to find out that after time the phone is uncomfortable. Thanks.
    11-04-14 05:22 PM
    I don't find myself touching the corners all that much during use and carrying it around.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 05:29 PM
    The corners are fine. The Passport feels great in your hand. I have smallish hands so someone with larger hands may have different comments.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-04-14 05:30 PM
    The corners look "squarer" than they actually are, if that makes any sense. They're slightly rounded on the vertical, and the top and bottom corners have been rounded considerably. It's very comfortable.
    geekaren, andy957 and asiayeah like this.
    11-04-14 05:32 PM
    That's great to hear, thanks everyone. Helps with the decision making.
    11-04-14 05:43 PM
    When I hold mine the corners aren't even touching my hand,phone feels great!!!
    11-04-14 05:49 PM
    The corners look "squarer" than they actually are, if that makes any sense. They're slightly rounded on the vertical, and the top and bottom corners have been rounded considerably. It's very comfortable.
    The sides and bottom are flat though, right? (the steel beam)

for example, if I wanted to place it standing up, or on it's side (the one without any buttons) I could do so, right?

I actually did this with my iPhone 5S last night, had to take a steady shot of something, and I just placed it on it's side on a desk (for 0 wobble) and used the volume rocker to take a picture.
    11-04-14 05:50 PM
    I don't find myself touching the corners all that much during use and carrying it around.

Posted via CB10
    This is pretty much it.

The corners haven't been an issue at all.
    11-04-14 06:01 PM

for example, if I wanted to place it standing up, or on it's side (the one without any buttons) I could do so, right?

I actually did this with my iPhone 5S last night, had to take a steady shot of something, and I just placed it on it's side on a desk (for 0 wobble) and used the volume rocker to take a picture.
    On it's side no. Standing up yes.
    thedose likes this.
    11-04-14 06:03 PM
    Unlike rounded corners....they feel square

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-04-14 06:05 PM

Definitely not on its side. And while it CAN be balanced on its bottom, it's not very secure.

One thing I really like about the design is that the back tapers to the edges, which helps it look thinner on one hand and makes it easier to pick up from a flat surface.

I was just in a meeting today, and left my phone sitting face up on the boardroom table in front of me. I have it set to show the lock screen when a new message comes in and it periodically did that, fading back to a gloss black slab afterwards. It just looked so damn classy.
    andy957 and thedose like this.
    11-04-14 06:39 PM
    OP who told you that the corners are sharp? SEEING IS BELIEVING!!!!
    11-04-14 06:51 PM
    I thought they would hurt over time, but they feel fine and actually help me hold the phone better than my Q10 and Z30 and Z10 did.

There hasn't been a single time where I've felt uncomfortable using my Passport with its corners.
    11-04-14 06:57 PM
    You know it actually feels I don't know how to describe it but in a word mature. Don't know if that makes sense but the feel of it in hand is simply fantastic. And for those who don't have it I suggest going into a local store and grab a hold of the Expedia Z1s for a sense of the build quality and sharp corners. Aside from the width they are equally strong in build quality.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:34 PM

The steel edges have a slight..very slight curve to them like a beveled edge. When you run your fingers over it you feel a smooth transition as opposed to a sharp edge. As for standing it upright on a flat surface I typically lean it against something else and the back seems to get a decent grip.
    I've taken similar shots like you describe leaning it against another object like this one

For Passport owners: How do the square corners feel in your hand?-img_20141021_135627.jpg

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    11-04-14 07:43 PM
    Corners are no issue here. Phone is great in my hands. Love it!

Passport on AT&T
    11-04-14 07:46 PM
    The corners are no problem at all. The phone is just one sexy beast.
    11-04-14 07:55 PM
    Corners are no issues for me, the way I hold the device does not even touch the corners. A side note, I like rectangular shape corners than rounded, it gives a more industrial feel to it.

BlackBerry Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    11-04-14 08:21 PM
    No problem at all. I am finding it easier to adapt to than I anticipated
    11-04-14 08:26 PM
    Awesome, no problem.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    11-04-14 09:16 PM
    love it. it's practical. I don't need fancy corners for a phone

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:28 PM
    Corners don't bother me at all. Actually, they kind of help if I'm holding the phone with one hand. I put the corner in my palm and rest the back on my fingers. Thus I can hold the phone with one hand and still reach pretty far with my thumb. I've wondered if it would be as easy and stable with rounded corners.
    11-04-14 09:37 PM
    I don't even touch the corners. My fingers rest on the bottom of the hard shell case in upper corners and my pinky fingers rest where the slimport is...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:21 PM
    The only time the corners touch my hand is during one handed use. Even then it's not an issue, it helps keep the phone anchored.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:42 PM
    If the corner was a problem, I assure you there would be hundreds of people posting about it here since launch day. There hasn't been any. It's a good question though because you cleared the air for those who are skeptical of the design and looking to purchase the phone.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-04-14 11:51 PM
32 12