10-29-15 07:44 AM
67 123
tools
    The pkd is non beating, but the Priv also has it and some. I really like everything about bb10 except that it doesn't have many Essential daily apps used by the mainstream.
    I can't even connect my Damn gopro to my phone properly, it becomes very annoying not having app selection.

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    10-27-15 08:53 PM
    I need the passport screen size and keyboard size to create and edit word document reports for my work on the go.
    10-27-15 10:03 PM
    Love the form factor. Love bb10. Love having what no one else has.
    I got rid of facebook because I got sick of the same bs rehashed a thousand times. My family and friends have my number. I didn't know or really cared about 95% of my "facebook friends" anyway.

Got rid of Gmail and all Google related crap in April or May... feel quite liberated actually. Did a brief stint with android again but finally got rid of all of it.

The pp let's me do everything I need. Read news, text family and friends, email at work, look at spreadsheets and use it professionally.

I use my laptop, and my surface pro 3 for media consumption.

I have no desire to keep the Priv I ordered but only wish to check out the hardware as I cherish BlackBerry hardware.

I will be keeping my trusty SE passport right next to my lumia 950xl.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-27-15 11:10 PM
    For me, it's just simple- the cost of owning the Passport and its functionality; the Passport does what I need to do. I don't see myself going to the new Priv as it lacks BBM video calling or switching over to the Classic as it has a smaller screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:47 PM
    I like that phrase. The camera is also good, I've already done hundreds of shots. I like particularly the zooms. Attached a zoom which shows the only illuminated room of a colleague of mine of our office house at dusk. Really good for a mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 377701
    Hahah I meant "counts" and I typed that comment on my laptop, so I can't even blame autocorrect or flicking the wrong word on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 01:15 AM
    If and when something better comes along, I might switch to another phone, but I haven't seen anything that even comes close to it. Definitely not interested in the Android Priv and BB10, even if no longer supported properly, should carry me through for a year or two. However, if things go all "Playbook" a little too quickly, I just hope that there is a Windows phone that will meet my needs.
    10-28-15 02:45 AM
    It is the only phone in the market with this very own form factor.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:20 AM
    My SE worked in a way I love and appreciate!

Posted via my lovely SE passport!
    10-28-15 05:44 AM
    I, like others here will probably keep my Passport for a while.
    First the keyboard being always available is a plus. To me the whole slider thing is ridiculous. I had a 9800. Now forgetting that it was a POS, I personally hated that I had to slide the keys out to answer. So a PRIV person will say you can just tap the screen, but then what's the point of the physical keyboard?
    I also like the Passports size. As awkward as I thought it was at first, I find it comfortable for my older eyes and hands to type.
    As to the OS, I think the BB10 OS is great. I do wish we had some of the popular apps, but frankly I don't use too many as it is. I do feel that the apps are an issue for a lot of people and I admit I do get app jealousy.
    I had hoped that the PP would be updated with the android OS or some software so I could get some infantile named app without seeing that damn Google service reminder. (as an aside did anyone notice the scatalogical naming protocols of late? PP and PRIV?).
    But the sliding thing seems to be not efficient and eventually a weak point in the structure.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:16 AM
    When I saw Passport, I know is my next phone. I switched from HTC m8. I realized I need a work phone than a lifestyle phone.

Things I love:
    BB10. The gestures to peak at the time and hub
    The hub. Everything at a glance
    Touch keyboard. The shortcuts to quick dials, apps
    Privacy and security.
    The solid apps by developers. Many good ones for BB
    Battery life is great
    Blackberry Blend. Can't do without it.
    Calendar. Dark theme is so sexy. The meeting mode
    Bedside mode. No more disturb to my sleep
    Browser. Love reader mode and text are big

Lastly, I hold my phone like a passport. My hands not so tired.

Blackberry Passport
    10-28-15 07:52 AM
    Slicktask, BlackBerry hub, PKB and coz it's bb10 of course!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:54 AM
    When I saw Passport, I know is my next phone. I switched from HTC m8. I realized I need a work phone than a lifestyle phone.

Things I love:
    BB10. The gestures to peak at the time and hub
    The hub. Everything at a glance
    Touch keyboard. The shortcuts to quick dials, apps
    Privacy and security.
    The solid apps by developers. Many good ones for BB
    Battery life is great
    Blackberry Blend. Can't do without it.
    Calendar. Dark theme is so sexy. The meeting mode
    Bedside mode. No more disturb to my sleep
    Browser. Love reader mode and text are big

Lastly, I hold my phone like a passport. My hands not so tired.

Blackberry Passport
    What kind of privacy and security are you receiving?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:55 AM
    The sheer elegance of the BlackBerry 10 OS, with no "home" button, peek, and flow, is a huge factor. It's like using an RPN calculator: Once you've gotten used to it, the absurdity of the alternative is so glaringly apparent, you can't go back. Probably the biggest reason I'll "pass on Priv," though, is privacy: BlackBerry is a company built around building devices and software to facilitate communication; Google is a company built (with stunning success, to be sure) around building hugely invasive profiles of the masses using their "free" services and then selling that information. Android is simply another way for Google to find out what you do, where you go, and with whom you associate -- that's why you can't control app permissions and your Android flashlight needs access to your shared files and location. For playtime apps, I've got an iPad Mini with no personal information on it.

So, "No, thank you" to the Priv.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-28-15 09:20 AM
    I love the combination of the form factor when browsing, the features of BB10 like toast notifications and gestures, the battery life is still great...I could go on, but basically until this phone fails to do what I intend it to do, I don't really need to upgrade. Either that, or battery life starts to go south.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:52 AM
    The Passport SE, which I have, is the most beautiful mobile I've ever seen. It's just an enjoyment and pleasure to work with it!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 11:20 AM
    I upgraded from a white PP to the SE today.

WOW. I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:57 PM
    What kind of privacy and security are you receiving?

Posted via CB10
    Firstly I believe the password lock is hard to jail break. You can also use Blackberry Protect to wipe your data.
    Blackberry devices has a security chip that is a processor that takes care of the encryption of voice and data communication within the mobile phone including authenticating calling parties. Its 128-bit AES encryption enables 340 sextillion different keys-imagine 36 zeros after the number 340.

Blackberry Passport
    10-29-15 07:44 AM
67 123