One year, no lift.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    10-23-15 09:44 AM
    I am thinking about purchasing the passport in the near future. The screen lift thread has made me reluctant to do so. If you fellow crackberrians can please let me know if you haven't had screen lift and how long you've had your passport.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I have the SE since late August and I'm not noticing any screen lift. I do a lot of heavy lifting during the day, including crunch-like movements with 25-35kg a piece (more than 50 times a day) and the SE is in my pocket through it all. If it were prone to bending or screen lifting, it would've done so by now. The pockets in my pants can hardly bare the size of the device, so it gets pushed to the limit every time I do the crunch-like movement. I would say there's nothing to worry about, except may be check the Priv as well before buying.
    10-23-15 10:02 AM
    No issues

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:11 AM
    I've had the screen lift issue for 4+months. I have NEVER dropped it or carried it in my back pocket. But yet BlackBerry Support told me it's because of abuse. I gave them links to blogs/posts showing many complaints of this issue but they still claim it happens from abuse. I spent $700 on this thing and BlackBerry refuses to honor it's warranty. Of course, it still performs as designed, which they use as an argument.

Posted from my Passport
    Well, after 8 months I noticed the screen lift in the lower right corner. I contacted BB support, they asked me to send a picture, I did and they sent me an RMA the same day. They fixed it and sent it back within a week. You should try to call back and talk to someone else.
    10-23-15 10:18 AM
    Until this morning no issues now my screen looks to have lifted along the right side edge and caused it's self a mischief, I how have one horizontal line and twenty odd vertical lines on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:48 AM
    I've had the original for a year and the SE for a couple of months. No issues on either of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:50 AM
    I haven't seen it on my Passport SE so far.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 12:16 PM
    I have had mine since last December. No lift. I carry it in my purse.
    10-23-15 12:24 PM
    Six months with AT&T Passport with no screen lift using the Seido case and holster.
    10-23-15 01:06 PM
    Had mine since January. No issues here
    Have a few friends with Passports as well who also have no screen lift issues

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    10-23-15 01:47 PM
    I have had mine since last December. No lift. I carry it in my purse.
    If I get the passport, will probably use my Louis Vuitton clutch more to carry this phone. It may not fit into most of my pockets, I had difficulty with my Z30 and Leap.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:49 PM
    If I get the passport, will probably use my Louis Vuitton clutch more to carry this phone. It may not fit into most of my pockets, I had difficulty with my Z30 and Leap.

Posted via CB10
    That must be some seriously tight clothes you're wearing. I have yet to find a pocket in my wardrobe it won't fit in should the need arise

10-23-15 01:59 PM
    That must be some seriously tight clothes you're wearing. I have yet to find a pocket in my wardrobe it won't fit in should the need arise

Most of my wardrobe is from Europe, they don't believe in big pockets.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 02:07 PM
    Daily user ordered on launch day, heavy use since it is also my work phone.

No screen lift issue, and no double typing since .2339. Phone is basically flawless, I'm gonna miss it when I get my Priv...

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-23-15 02:16 PM
    Nope. I take care of my phones. Vaja case is always on.
    10-23-15 02:26 PM
    A little over six months. Front pocket. Rear pocket. Three feet (and over) drops. Explosive blast waves. No screen lift. No issues whatsoever. Just the best BlackBerry ever. Happy!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 02:28 PM
    More than a year with Passport and no issues! Its just a hype created by anti BlackBerry trolls! If you put you phone even samsungy in your back pocket and sat on it, it will happens the same!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 03:28 PM
    NADA for me
    10-23-15 04:00 PM
    Usually keep mine in my back pocket, sit on it whilst driving to work and back, a good two hours, on a hardware level, no screen lift.

On a software level I did experience screen flickering and double typing issues, this appears to be resolved as I haven't had any of that so far after the new update.

Swipe to wake the phone doesn't usually work first time though.

Other than that it's a pretty good phone for what I need.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:13 PM
    No problems with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:10 PM
    I have a red passport I keep it naked. I dropp it all the time. It's in my back, and front pocket att the time. I sleep with it sit on it. And so far no lift screen. And I mean I got some dings on this thing. But it works, and is very well built

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:15 PM
    I've had three in total and never experienced it. Y latest one I've had almost a year. I think it has to do with bending in your pocket... I bought a holster to avoid it....

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:53 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:35 PM
    Gus, why would you let a possible screen lift issue sway you from taking the plunge into having a great phone. i am suspicious of your thread and your intentions. i have 2 passports, one had the screen lift, which was replaced under warranty. there was nothing to it, and i left the screen issue for months till i warrantied the phone. still worked without issue.
    its like not buying a car because it has a scratch on it, who cares, the car is still awesome.
    any way cheers.
    10-23-15 09:41 PM
    I won the BlackBerry Passport give away at launch and no lift here and my 3 year old had fun dropping it and it's still in tact! I just love the build and quality of the Passport

Posted with my luxurious Canadian Passport
    10-23-15 10:09 PM
129 12345 ...