Passport over-heats while charging, and after the reboot. No apps are on. No notificcations are coming. Facebook twitter, whatsapp 5 email accounts are bound. Do u guys know any solution? Or is it nothing? But it feels like something is wrong

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:10 PM
    I've used my passport while charging and it gets real hot. The top volume key gets really hot as well. Seems to be only while charging though.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:12 PM
    What are you using to charge the Passport?
    04-29-15 08:17 PM
    Its original charger

Posted via CB10
    known-associate likes this.
    04-30-15 03:54 PM
    This happened to my wife's Passport a few days ago. Actually, it was plugged in all night, but that morning she said it didn't seem to have charged. Later in the day she sent me an email from her work computer saying that the Passport was extremely hot in her purse, and had ran out battery.

When I plugged it in that night, and it rebooted, it said that the OS had been updated.

Anyway, I then looked at the device manager, and BBM had used 70% of the battery before it died.

So, make sure BBM or a pending update aren't the culprits.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 04:15 PM
    Wow that's sounds unfortunate. I charge my pp at night in the charging pod in the morning when I take it off its not hot at all now when I playing an android game I'll say 6 minute long it starts to arm up on the right side just like the q10. I only experienced the q10 get really hot in my pocket one time just saying

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 06:05 PM
    Passport (or even other devices) gets very warm (or 'over heat' as what others are referring to) when it keeps running an application or game that requires and pushes its CPU (and GPU too, as in the case of running or playing games) to maximum operations. Charging however, shouldn't give us the same 'warm' (or hot) temperature except only in cases when we are using very high amperage chargers or some applications / games keeps running in the background while we are charging our device.

In some cases, this is also an indication of defective battery or 'glitch' on OS running the device (if it is also happening to other).

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:54 PM
    overheat badly, afraid to touch the phone now. replaced one already, still hot, help, help.
    06-16-15 02:34 PM
    Mine has never been warm

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:37 PM