I currently have an m8 windows phone. I was thinking of switching to a passport.
    I rely totally on Outlook 2013 on my desktop and have office 365 exchange. How does the Passport operate through office 365 Exchange. Does it port over all contacts, notes, calendar, tasks etc? How about subfolders? How about colors of Calendar? Can you enlarge the size of the calender when viewing? Any feedback on Heavy Microsoft Outlook 365 users would be very helpful, Also setting up the Passport to run on office exchange is it easy
    05-13-15 09:41 PM
    Don't know much about Outlook or Office 365 but a quick google search yielded these.

Hopefully these help with set up?

KB33522-How to setup a Microsoft Office 365 account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...lackberry.aspx

As for features, you'd be using BlackBerry 10 Hub, Calendar, Contacts, and they should all sync with your Office or Outlook if you're using exchange.
    05-13-15 09:44 PM
    If you set up your mail properly, it would work fine. Checking the mails is the best thing. Worst case you have the option to install the outlook app from the play store and configure your mails.

Passport and Outlook 2013 Office 365 how do they work together?-img_20150513_214907.png

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-13-15 09:51 PM
    Hopefully a heavy outlook user can comment on how the Passport displays Outlook contact info, notes etc. Even better would be a former Windoes phone user who made the switch weighing in
    05-13-15 09:53 PM
    It's great on Classic. Everything syncs great. Contacts, calendar, tasks. Just have to enable what folders to enable. I have no complaints.

Using Outlook 365, Gmail and Live mail. No issues.

Posted via  Classic.
    05-13-15 10:11 PM
    I use office 365 with the passport and love it. I also use the remember to app to manage my GTD list which syncs up pretty well with outlook to do list. It also shows availability of my co workers in the calendar app. I also use the priority hub to help filter emails. I have used a lot of phones and believe BlackBerry has everyone beat when it comes to PIM.
    05-13-15 10:13 PM
    I'm like you and use Outlook for everything. My Passport syncs perfectly with my MS Outlook exchange account.

Syncs all:
    Contacts and notes
    Emails (and sub folders that you choose)
    Tasks
    Notes
    Calendar(s)

I haven't used a windows phone but everything thing in between. I have always come back to BlackBerry because it does Outlook and Exchange better than any other phone I have used. The Hub is awesome the way it manages all of your different accounts in one local place. This by far is better than any other phone out there.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:48 PM
    On Passport Calender can you make the Calender fonts bigger or use your fingers to enlarge the events to see easier? My Windows phone 8 does not barely can see the events and you have to blindly poke at them with your finger hoping to open it up, Oh and I forgot with blend can you copy and past the text messages and emails you see on your computer screen into another area that is not blend?
    05-14-15 12:06 AM
    I am considering the Classic also is it easy to see the calender and emails on a smaller screen can you enlarge both
    05-14-15 12:33 AM
    I am considering the Classic also is it easy to see the calender and emails on a smaller screen can you enlarge both
    You can zoom into the emails to make them larger. For the calendar, there are different views, Month, week, day and agenda. You cannot actually zoom into the calendar, but the week, day, and agenda views may be controlled by the default font you set. On my phone, a passport they are all very viewable.

If you need reading glasses and are not wearing them, the agenda view seems to have the largest font on my Passport and is probably using the default display font, which is set to 8 on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:13 AM
    My PP syncs up well with my Outlook. I am able to easily use all the Outlook features both ways between my phone and work laptop.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:58 AM
    I have wanted this setup for almost 2 years. I long for unified syncing between my laptop and phone.

Unfortunately its my understanding that it is just not possible given our current email provider (POP) and my configuration (Win Live Mail). This is where I miss BIS. God I miss real push and syncing...
    05-14-15 08:11 AM
    I have used both Passport and Classic and felt the calendar was too small and cramped feeling on the classic. The Passport has so much more screen real estate to see and do more than the Classic.

In the both week and day view you can pinch and zoom to make the days larger or smaller.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:12 AM
    Docs to Go works great taking and saving to Onedrive

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 06:08 AM
    Please tell me how you get Passport to sync perfectly with Outlook?
    04-17-17 11:12 PM
    Please tell me how?
    04-17-17 11:13 PM
    Can you please tell me how to do this. I want my folders in notes and task be synced to Outlook but to no avail.
    04-17-17 11:25 PM
    How?
    04-17-17 11:26 PM
    Is there any way to make the Picture Password work with the Microsoft Exchange set up. I know that when I had the trial of the BES12 activated I had to change something in the ICT policies, but that is not possible with my work account. The ICT department is not going to change that for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 01:04 AM
    Can you please tell me how to do this. I want my folders in notes and task be synced to Outlook but to no avail.
    Just go settings, accounts, add account, and put your details in. All emails, tasks, notes, contacts and calendar will be synced. I'm currently using Office 365 and the pp handles it very well.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 and ArbuckleWillis like this.
    04-18-17 02:24 AM
    I use office 2016 pro with 365. Every office item is there. All you have to do is go to accounts and put in your office 365 email choose to sync calendar too. Like the above post all your tasks notes etc etc is sync. It's beautiful really. I am fortunate not to be stuck with Google services or worse yahoo. Lol.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    04-18-17 11:46 AM
    On Passport Calender can you make the Calender fonts bigger or use your fingers to enlarge the events to see easier? My Windows phone 8 does not barely can see the events and you have to blindly poke at them with your finger hoping to open it up, Oh and I forgot with blend can you copy and past the text messages and emails you see on your computer screen into another area that is not blend?
    Well copy and paste all you want into the calendar. Using outlook and office 365 you have it made. Instant sync like Blend. Only thing missing is the text. Unfortunately maybe another reason why support was dropped because other than the texts and not having your phone...

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    04-18-17 11:53 AM
    I have never been more confused trying to use 365 to sync with black berry remember notes and tasks. Can someone post the details as to how to set up my passport to sync with 365?

bcuffy
    04-29-17 02:12 PM
    I use the android outlook app and as soon as I added my account I was all set. It automatically syncs

Sent from my ⑩ Passport SE using QNX Neutrino RTOS; not running Android or IOS. Dare to be different!
    04-29-17 03:02 PM
    Here's how to do it. It's not difficult, and both Microsoft and Blackberry have documented it.

From Microsoft:
    Set up Exchange ActiveSync email on a BlackBerry 10 device

From Blackberry:
    How to add a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync email account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Once you've done that, go into advanced settings for the account on your BB10 device and make sure that the account is set to sync email, contacts, calendar, tasks and memos as in the screenshot below.

Once you've done all of that, you should see new folders in Remember Tasks and Notes with a small sync double circular arrow icon in the upper left corner. These are the folders that sync to your Office 365 Exchange account. You can create addition syncing folders, so long as you indicate you want them to sync with that account. For example, I have created a "Completed" folder that I move all completed tasks to to help keep everything neat and tidy.

One other important item. Syncing "notes" or "memos" from Outlook via Exchange to Remember is supported BUT that feature in Outlook has actually been deprecated by Microsoft, so may not work in the future. I would recommend moving all information in notes to a more permanent archive location to be on the safe side.

Passport and Outlook 2013 Office 365 how do they work together?-inkedbb10-activesync-settings-screenshot_li.jpg

I hope that helps.
    04-29-17 04:21 PM
44 12