Maybe we can get quite a few people to call otterbox and request they produce a case for the at&t version passport. Gotta get a lot of people to request it for production to start. Hopefully

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-15 08:07 AM
    Passport otterbox defender-img_20150227_113700.png

Here's one I got on Amazon for $9. It's similar to an Otterbox.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:38 AM
    I have pestered OtterBox a few times on Twitter. At first they came back and said there was no plans at all to support the Passport. Then before Christmas they said they were looking into it.

Honestly at this point in the game, it would be almost too late for them to spend the time and effort into designing and producing a case for the Passport now.

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    02-27-15 07:30 PM
    I have pestered OtterBox a few times on Twitter. At first they came back and said there was no plans at all to support the Passport. Then before Christmas they said they were looking into it.

Honestly at this point in the game, it would be almost too late for them to spend the time and effort into designing and producing a case for the Passport now.

I agree...especially since there are now 2 form factors to make a case for. This situation is going to cause more issues for the case people than anyone else. If I had not already had a product on the market, I probably would pass unless demand was heavy.
    02-27-15 07:45 PM
    I agree...especially since there are now 2 form factors to make a case for. This situation is going to cause more issues for the case people than anyone else. If I had not already had a product on the market, I probably would pass unless demand was heavy.
    Exactly! Especially with how things are now a days. Devices don't have a very long "shelf life"
    Before you know it, there is always something that will draw your attention away from what you are currently using. My thinking is, as a company that is providing accessories to a product, they would want to offer those products as soon as possible to maximize their sales and usage of those products.
    OtterBox being a perfect example. The Passport has been out for almost 6 months now. There is a possibility that another phone is going to come out sometime this summer/fall that is going to draw people away from the Passport. That would mean that OtterBox has less then 6 months to get sales in for a Passport case.
    As you also stated, with now another version, with slight differences to the form, that would just add to the head ache. Having to design and test two different variants, just doesn't seem worth the trouble.

In the end, BlackBerry is becoming a niche market to some of these companies. If you go on the OtterBox website, you will find three products for a BlackBerry. A Defender case for the Classic, and screen protectors for the Z10 and Q10. I find is frustrating as hell that there is already a case for the Classic, but nothing for the Passport.

Anyways, little pissy rant over...carry on.

02-27-15 08:00 PM
    Am pretty annoyed. Just attempted to post a long rant about why we switched from otterboxes to seidio convert cases for the q10. Otterbox holsters break within weeks and the rubber comes off the cover too easily. Seidios have an inner hard case and a rubber outer thats secured by a clip that hugs the rubber outer in six crucial spots. When it rains you can put the hardshell in a ziplock bag. Tighten it by putting a piece of tape at the back then put the rubber outer back on.

Seidio released their convert case for the passport yesterday. As a guy that doesn't post on crackberry often i'm not allowed to post a link which is why I lost the content of my last post.

Google seidio BlackBerry passport and you should find their website.

If somebody who has more rights on crackberry than me wants to start a discussion about seidio releasing convert cases and holsters for the passport it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    03-06-15 03:14 PM
    Seidioonline.com
    03-06-15 03:18 PM
    They are waiting to see how the AT&T version will sell and then they will decide.
    03-06-15 03:55 PM
    Otterbox is utter garbage. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Just gotta search around.
    03-06-15 05:29 PM
    Code:
    i bought same case from ebay, the corners break very easy, i had it 1 month and 2 corners broke while in my pocket,
    03-14-15 02:51 PM
    Tried them all! They cannot take the abuse like the defender. Being in construction my whole life I only trust otterbox. Support is also top notch. Lets get the calls into otterbox!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-14-15 05:34 PM
    I bought a Bodyglove shell and holster from AT&T. It looks great, is light, very snug fit in holster, and keeps the phone thin. Rubber shell is heavy duty, and very stylish. I feel confident it is a good level of protection for my Passport.
    04-01-15 02:21 AM
    I just received my convert combo for my passport. This is the second one I have owned (had one on my Z10, and would have bought one for my Z30 if they had made one). I would highly recommend this case if you are looking for an Otterbox style of case for protection. I would hazard to say these cases are built better and nicer than the Otterbox, and yes I have owned several defender cases on many different devices. The biggest problem for me is the holsters on the Otterbox cases which seem to either break or wear quickly causing the phone to come loose and fall out of the holster very easily.

This case does add a lot of bulk to the phone but it is a necessary evil if you are looking for protection for your device. I kind of like the added bulk as it gives me more to grab a hold of and doesn't feel like it is going to slip out of my hands. For someone with small hands who struggles with the passport it may be a deal breaker. The holster is built well with a locking clip to keep the phone secured if you need or want that and has a removable belt clip. The holster also has the sleeper magnet installed which works flawlessly unlike my Z10 Otterbox... the case also has silicone/rubber plugs that cover all the ports and the camera which is a nice touch in my opinion. Overall, if you can handle the extra bulk and want the extra protection I would definitely recommend this case.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:15 AM
    Seidio Convert. If you want protection that's where it's at for the Passport (non-at&t). Ports, buttons, and camera are covered. Big plus is underneath all that protection is the Seidio Surface case, a real nice slim protective case own it's own.
    04-01-15 11:29 AM
    +1 for the Seidio Convert case.

I have used multiple Otterboxes (Z10, Z30, PlayBook), so I've been disappointed that there hasn't been any developments from Otterbox for the Passport.

My Seidio case was delivered earlier this week and so far I am impressed. The rubber shell is better than the one from Otterbox for the Z10 and Z30. It�s the same material as the Otterbox for the PlayBook, which I like.

What I like the most about the Seidio is that you have the option to remove the outer shell and use the Surface case as a leaner protection. This makes so much sense, and is implemented very well.

I do like the holster for the Otterbox on the Z30 more than the Seidio for the Passport. And I believe Seidio's version for the ATT Passport�s available soon.

What can I say...I'm a convert. :P
    04-01-15 12:27 PM
    Convert cases on sale on Crackberry today!! I've just ordered mine. From what I can tell, it seems like a pretty great substitute that might even be better than an Otterbox would have been. I really liked Defenders back in the day but the last couple of models I felt they started to sacrifice on the quality. They used to always have dust protection over the speaker ports which they did not on the Z10 Defender. And the fact that the Z30 Commuter didn't allow the micro USB to fit and required some 'customizing' to the case was quite the oversight. Never had a holster lasted me more than a few months...

I'm looking forward to the Convert. Hopefully, I will truly now have Batman's phone.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-07-15 06:38 PM
    I used to be a pretty loyal otterbox customer. Every new device i got was quickly slipped into a new otterbox. Unfortunately they have went the way of mainly supporting Apple and Samsung products. I used to inquire with them about supporting blackberry. After getting the same canned responses many times i kinda gave up. It's unfortunate. Right now my passport has the offical BlackBerry hard shell on it and i use a holster from storyleather.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:01 PM

Yeah, waiting for the Passport 2 at this point. If BlackBerry can deliver, we'll see an Otterbox.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:12 PM