I am currently running 10.32.2.2386 and I see an update for 10.3.3.2137.

I have Cobalt's Google Play all setup and working fine.

My questions are:

1. If I process the update will it break the Cobalt play Integration?

2. Is the update worth the effort in terms of the changes?
    01-14-20 07:04 AM
    At this point you should be running 10.3.3.3216......

Cobalt's Google Play is already outdated - move to YALP/FDroid.
    01-14-20 07:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply but you don't answer either question and BTW there is zero issue with Cobalt's Play store it works like a charm - no issues with it at all.
    01-14-20 07:18 AM
    No it should not break anything with Cobalt.... as is.
    Yes 10.3.3.2137 is the latest OS and has the most security patches...
    01-14-20 07:47 AM
    I am currently running 10.32.2.2386 and I see an update for 10.3.3.2137.

I have Cobalt's Google Play all setup and working fine.

My questions are:

1. If I process the update will it break the Cobalt play Integration?

2. Is the update worth the effort in terms of the changes?
    1.You can update, nothing will change, cobalt play will work as before.
    2. Update is worth, lill security patches, as we know this device will be so secured that even the owner of it won't be able to use it in 1-2 months(LOL)
    As I guess bbworld and ids may disappear soon!

With the update some websites can be accessed, which were not possible on the older version. Android runtime won't upgrade, will be same.

3. Using whatsapp.....with this update you won't need an SD card for whatsapp. All sent and recieved data will be stored on device.

4. Use yalp,apkpure......etc... or download apps from modroid.com

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 08:43 AM
    At this point you should be running 10.3.3.3216......

Cobalt's Google Play is already outdated - move to YALP/FDroid.
    I don't think it's outdated for any reason, it works perfectly fine for me, are you having any issues with the cobalt play? If yes please let us know.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 08:49 AM
    I don't think it's outdated for any reason, it works perfectly fine for me, are you having any issues with the cobalt play? If yes please let us know.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that Cobalt's solution had two purposes - one was to provide a semi-working modified Google Play Services, and the other (mainly incidental) to provide the Play Store app.

Since the former functionality is mostly defunct because the Play Services version is simply too old to be useful, there is no reason to have all of these apps installed when you can just use a single apk in their place - Yalp (which is a Play Store client).
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 08:59 AM
    The problem is that Cobalt's solution had two purposes - one was to provide a semi-working modified Google Play Services, and the other (mainly incidental) to provide the Play Store app.

Since the former functionality is mostly defunct because the Play Services version is simply too old to be useful, there is no reason to have all of these apps installed when you can just use a single apk in their place - Yalp (which is a Play Store client).
    Agree, with Yalp is having issues in login creds, and crashes on lot of phones, as u can see there are lot of rash reports on crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 09:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    If it works for you... that's great.

But even the original post has been marked as outdated. Many are running into Apps that need a newer version of Google Play, than the one Coblat used back when he created this tool. If none of the apps you are using are an issue... keep using it.

For those that do have issues (beyond the limits of the Android 4.3 runtime), YALP has been found (by other CrackBerry community members) to be a more up to date solution.
    01-14-20 09:04 AM
    Agree, with Yalp is having issues in login creds, and crashes on lot of phones, as u can see there are lot of rash reports on crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    You need to use the forked version of Yalp, and sign in wth your own credentials instead of the default.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt's Play Services is very old. Many apps were updated to require the newer Play Services updated a couple years ago by Google, and will error out with a message that Play Services needs to be updated.

Cobalt was never able to update/patch it, so some apps will just no longer run because of it, even if they still run on Android 4.3.

Some may still run even with the error, and some will still run on the older Services. Depends on the app, but the numbers are dwindling. You're lucky to be running apps that don't require the updated Play Services. Or, perhaps you're still running old app versions without updating them.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:08 AM
    You need to use the forked version of Yalp, and sign in wth your own credentials instead of the default.
    A question. If I sign in with my credentials, is there any connection with Google tracking my phone, or anything else of the sort? In other words, am I giving access to Google as if I were using an Android device?
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:11 AM
    If it works for you... that's great.

But even the original post has been marked as outdated. Many are running into Apps that need a newer version of Google Play, than the one Coblat used back when he created this tool. If none of the apps you are using are an issue... keep using it.

For those that do have issues (beyond the limits of the Android 4.3 runtime), YALP has been found (by other CrackBerry community members) to be a more up to date solution.
    The phone is already outdated, what else to say? Nothing beyond 4.3 android! So a Cobalt play is easy to access for all users. That what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:12 AM
    Yes, used it, yes signed it with own creds, having issues. And not only me but lot have issues with it!

Posted via CB10
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:14 AM
    A question. If I sign in with my credentials, is there any connection with Google tracking my phone, or anything else of the sort? In other words, am I giving access to Google as if I were using an Android device?
    The most they can do is know which apps you're downloading.

Of course, you can always make a secondary gmail account for things like this.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:14 AM
    No, you cannot track!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 09:15 AM
    Is there any connection... of course there is.

I don't think it's like having and Android devices... but they have to know where you are in order to provide correct market options. They need data on your phone to make sure you get the right apps. If you don't trust Google to have that data....
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:16 AM
    Ok, I get it! Thank you all for clarifying this for me!
    01-14-20 09:19 AM
    Secondary account for Yalp is recommended because using Yalp (or any other 3rd party Google Play client) may cause account blocking/disabling by Google.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 09:31 AM
    Wrapping your device in a thin layer of aluminum foil will prevent this.

Seriously, if you’re worried about Google don’t use Android Google Play Store apps. Just stick with using BB10 apps from BB App Store.

It’s like being wary of a bad neighborhood but then entering that neighborhood. Just stay out and you’ll be safe.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:36 AM
    Wrapping your device in a thin layer of aluminum foil will prevent this.

Seriously, if you’re worried about Google don’t use Android Google Play Store apps. Just stick with using BB10 apps from BB App Store.

It’s like being wary of a bad neighborhood but then entering that neighborhood. Just stay out and you’ll be safe.
    Hmmm.....maybe I like taking calculated risks.
    01-14-20 09:44 AM
    Hmmm.....maybe I like taking calculated risks.
    Calculated risk is taking a 40cal Glock with extra clip into bad neighborhood, hoping for best prepared for worst.

Bringing an old relic six shooter with old faulty ammunition left soaking in water for six months, is similar but not the same is calculated risk, but the calculation isn’t very positive results likely.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-14-20 09:53 AM
    Calculated risk is taking a 40cal Glock with extra clip into bad neighborhood, hoping for best prepared for worst.

Bringing an old relic six shooter with old faulty ammunition left soaking in water for six months, is similar but not the same is calculated risk, but the calculation isn’t very positive results likely.
    Just curious....what does your analogy, and your original quote to my question, has to do with what I asked above?
    01-14-20 11:09 AM
    Just curious....what does your analogy, and your original quote to my question, has to do with what I asked above?
    That depends on how you define calculated risks I guess
    john_v likes this.
    01-14-20 12:56 PM
    That depends on how you define calculated risks I guess
    Well, my definition would be far removed from your own illustrated one, I guess, based on both parties' contributions so far. All things considered, let us agree to disagree and move on, shall we?
    01-14-20 02:49 PM
36 12