I'm a smartphone technician, and I'm wondering, if there is no BB10 variant of the Priv, how's the shape of the Passport SE motherboard compare to the shape of the original Passport? Since Passport SE has supposedly a better speaker, better keyboard, better front-facing cam, (what else am I missing aside from stainless steel frame, raised camera glass, textured back casing). But my favorite color is red. What all would I be able to move over from the Passport SE into the red Passport Original case/frame assembly? I kinda like the idea of having the best speakers, best keyboard, textured back but red color (probably not possible), better front-facing camera, .

If I got my hands on an AT+T Passport, not the silver edition, how could I transfer the wireless charging capabilities to my "Ultimate BB10 device"?
    09-26-15 11:00 AM
    For the Wireless charging part. There are already kits out there that can make any device charge wireless.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 11:10 AM
    I'm a smartphone technician, and I'm wondering, if there is no BB10 variant of the Priv, how's the shape of the Passport SE motherboard compare to the shape of the original Passport? Since Passport SE has supposedly a better speaker, better keyboard, better front-facing cam, (what else am I missing aside from stainless steel frame, raised camera glass, textured back casing). But my favorite color is red. What all would I be able to move over from the Passport SE into the red Passport Original case/frame assembly? I kinda like the idea of having the best speakers, best keyboard, textured back but red color (probably not possible), better front-facing camera, .

If I got my hands on an AT+T Passport, not the silver edition, how could I transfer the wireless charging capabilities to my "Ultimate BB10 device"?
    Other than the keyboard, I wouldn't bother with anything else. As you said, those other components are "supposedly" better.
    The only thing that's guaranteed to be better is the keyboard.
    09-26-15 11:11 AM

What we need is a teardown video of the SE.

I'd love to create a Frankenberry as well.

Posted via my White Passport
    09-26-15 01:54 PM
    For the Wireless charging part. There are already kits out there that can make any device charge wireless.

Posted via CB10
    What I would prefer is to keep as much of the vanilla look as possible, while combining the best of the AT+T Passport and the Passport SE into an OG Passport midframe.
    09-26-15 04:48 PM
    The speakers on the SE is is the same as the or the difference is that on th Se the top part also works as a speaker where you hear from so I don't think you can do anything about that!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 12:53 AM
    The keyboards are too different to swap out. They can't be, you can tell just by looking at them.

Posted via CB10
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    09-27-15 06:07 AM
    The frets are one with the OG keyboard, the frets on the SE are one with the chin.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:08 AM
    OP, you mentioned a better front facing camera on the SE. What is better on this part? I thought it's only 2 MP as on the original passport. Can you elaborate on this?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 10:04 PM
    OP, you mentioned a better front facing camera on the SE. What is better on this part? I thought it's only 2 MP as on the original passport. Can you elaborate on this?

Posted via CB10
    It was created by a different manufacturer and is a lot faster at focusing from what I've read.
    10-22-15 08:36 AM
    I now have an OG and a Silver and I'm tempted to go digging around in the SE...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:23 AM