Hey

I have a Passport original with a messed up SIM slot and a Passport SE with a bulged battery.

Anyone know if I both batteries are the same so I can repair the SE?

Or what other suggestions?

Thanks
    07-07-19 09:10 AM
    Hey

I have a Passport original with a messed up SIM slot and a Passport SE with a bulged battery.

Anyone know if I both batteries are the same so I can repair the SE?

Or what other suggestions?

Thanks
    They are the same - you can use it in either device. Use a hair dryer set on low to help "unstick" the battery and a plastic spatula or suitable pry tool. They are really stuck down with adhesive but with patience and care can be changed out.
    07-07-19 09:22 AM
    Bulged battery?! Dang! Get that thing removed as soon as feasibly possible, or it'll damage internal components. Because you say that it is swollen, you'll also want to take caution not to puncture it during removal. I know, I know, stuff you already know, but still doesn't hurt to post a friendly reminder. 😉
    the_boon likes this.
    07-07-19 03:09 PM
    I've bought 2 replacement batteies from ebay and both time I install I get the red battery symbol along with the bad battery error message. Anyone know where I can get a good battery or what's going wrong?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 04:56 PM
    I've bought 2 replacement batteies from ebay and both time I install I get the red battery symbol along with the bad battery error message. Anyone know where I can get a good battery or what's going wrong?

Posted via CB10
    https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...t-battery.html
    07-07-19 04:58 PM
    ...I found a lot of Passport batteries on eBay to be kind of sketchy...quite a few were some sort of generic battery with the OE image (of the label) 'Photoshopped' over them...I bought a broken Passport and swapped the battery from it, I went from barely a day (I use mine heavily) to about two days and change under the same use....

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    07-07-19 05:00 PM
    Bulged battery?! Dang! Get that thing removed as soon as feasibly possible, or it'll damage internal components. Because you say that it is swollen, you'll also want to take caution not to puncture it during removal. I know, I know, stuff you already know, but still doesn't hurt to post a friendly reminder. 😉
    Thanks for the heads up. That's great advice.

Maybe a bit scared now to even touch it.
    07-07-19 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. That's great advice.

Maybe a bit scared now to even touch it.
    Don't worry, just don't stab it or jerk it too hard.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    07-08-19 10:25 AM
    Treat is as if it's Nitroglycerin.
    07-08-19 12:27 PM
    Words to live by.
    07-08-19 05:58 PM
    The batteries are the same. To remove first remove all cards (sim-SD). remove hex screws. Keep eye on were they come out as some are longer than others. They carefully unsnap the back. The battery cable is screwed down and must be removed (screw). Only use plastic pry tools. You can short the board using metal or conductive tools. When snapping in the battery cable carefully align the plug and push flat down. No side to side. When putting the back on push gently as the plastic clips (snaps) can break easy.
    07-09-19 08:36 AM
    The batteries are the same. To remove first remove all cards (sim-SD). remove hex screws. Keep eye on were they come out as some are longer than others. They carefully unsnap the back. The battery cable is screwed down and must be removed (screw). Only use plastic pry tools. You can short the board using metal or conductive tools. When snapping in the battery cable carefully align the plug and push flat down. No side to side. When putting the back on push gently as the plastic clips (snaps) can break easy.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Still haven't tried, it has been a busy week
    07-11-19 08:28 PM