Good evening group

I installed a 128gb micro SD card in my passport and formatted it and it only shows 15mb of usable storage. I have done some research but haven't found a full answer just format it with exfat? How do I do that?

Why won't the passport format it its self?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:57 PM
    Where'd you buy the card?

What brand?
    10-13-16 08:01 PM
    Where'd you buy the card?

What brand?
    Pny I got it from best buy. It worked great I just took it out of my priv and stuck it in my new passport and formatted it.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 08:29 PM
    Pny I got it from best buy. It worked great I just took it out of my priv and stuck it in my new passport and formatted it.

Posted via CB10
    Format it outside of the phone. Ext if you can, otherwise ntfs. I've had problems formatting sdcards in my phone before.

On windows there are options to format.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 08:33 PM
    [QUOTE=trutledge83;12625872]Good evening group

I installed a 128gb micro SD card in my passport and formatted it and it only shows 15mb of usable storage. I have done some research but haven't found a full answer just format it with exfat? How do I do that?

Posted via CB10[/QUOT
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Format the card in your Windows PC. Place a text file or pdf etc onto the card. Remove from your PC and put it into the Passport. In Passport go to settings/storage and access/format media card/OK. Then you may want to reboot your Passport.
    10-13-16 08:42 PM
    Do you have the exFAT driver installed? It should be an automatic download once you insert an exFAT SD card into your Passport. I think you can check under storage settings, with an exFAT card installed.

Format it outside of the phone. Ext if you can, otherwise ntfs. I've had problems formatting sdcards in my phone before.

On windows there are options to format.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if BB10 can use NTFS. I think FAT32 is the backup, although getting Windows to format a >32GB card as FAT32 is tricky.
    10-13-16 08:43 PM
    [QUOTE=brookie229;12625901]
    Good evening group

Posted via CB10[/QUOT
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Format the card in your Windows PC. Place a text file or pdf etc onto the card. Remove from your PC and put it into the Passport. In Passport go to settings/storage and access/format media card/OK. Then you may want to reboot your Passport.
    I put the sd card back in my priv and formatted it as a separate drive not ''internal storage'' and put it back in the passport. FIXED good to go now!

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-13-16 09:02 PM