I thought to myself.. Which phone out there today in the market that has higher specs than the Passport?

The question made me quite curious so I decided to head to GSMArena.com and use the Phone Finder tool.

I set the minimum specs matching the Passport, and guess what?

Nothing beats the Passport! The combination of specs didn't give two answers, it was just one single solid answer.

The LG 3 almost was there to compete with the Passport but the Passport absolutely wins the competition at least for the bigger battery, not to mention the advanced sensors like ToF which will bring a whole new experience with interacting with 3D imagery
    boggle13, Acumenight and wincyUt like this.
    09-04-14 12:59 PM
    It is definitely the beast! I am still contemplating...
    09-04-14 01:14 PM
    The Note 4 might crash that party too.

It's awesome for a BB10 device to (finally) be up at that echelon though!
    wehttam likes this.
    09-04-14 01:17 PM
    not surprising since its an odd duck kinda. They are phones out there, note 4 that was announced yesterday for example that match or surpass the passport. But there arent many, maybe 8 that are in the ball park.
    2c likes this.
    09-04-14 01:18 PM
    3 mods replying, that's hot

well Note 4 could be whatever it will be, it's still Android. I give +1 for BlackBerry 10 for it could perform better than Android in lower hardware and more stable on long-term usage.

Each Android I saw got slower by time
    Heinz Katchup and Elite1 like this.
    09-04-14 01:42 PM
    Being OS agnostic the Note 4 definitely is tempting. Both Passport and Note offer some USP's other phones cannot deliver.

I definitely will get the Passport but I also might buy the Note 4 as "mini tablet". I hope the Passport fits in my pockets, the Note (currently using Note 3 as well) definitely is too large.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-04-14 01:59 PM
    I love Sony & their products, i don't know why. That being said, i've been very sad to learn that their latest flagship Z3 has sound cancellation feature only available with headphones on (a special model, of course -not just any headphones), as opposed to PP which has the same software thingie available to all calls made, not only when headphones are used (it has to do with the number of mics available on the phone during a call). So this is a feature a truly find use for, since i talk in loudly environments & i need to hear well & also be heard well.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-04-14 02:06 PM
    I'm not really into specs but one thing for sure is that the Passport is a bold and audacious "bad boy ".

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-04-14 02:37 PM
    Wifi is not ac..
    09-04-14 03:26 PM
    Being OS agnostic the Note 4 definitely is tempting. Both Passport and Note offer some USP's other phones cannot deliver.

I definitely will get the Passport but I also might buy the Note 4 as "mini tablet". I hope the Passport fits in my pockets, the Note (currently using Note 3 as well) definitely is too large.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you can say OS agnostic.. Just don't fit the term. Lol.
    09-04-14 03:27 PM
    Wifi is not ac..
    Latest Spec sheet says it has AC:

Full BlackBerry Passport spec sheet offers a few new details | CrackBerry.com

Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n for 2.4GHz, 802.11 a/n for 5GHz, 802.11 ac for 5GHz, 4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, IEEE 802.11r, IEEE 802.11k Neighbor Reports, Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Server
    09-04-14 04:06 PM
    So what gets stuff to show up? Lowering the PPI?
    09-04-14 04:15 PM
    So what gets stuff to show up? Lowering the PPI?
    lower the ppi a little, lower the battery size a little should get some to appear. I dont know what either of the new notes have in battery size. The new sony probably are close to the same or better specs as the passport. The new LG G3 maybe as well

this gives you an idea of where they stand

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-gal...ony-xperia-z3/
    09-04-14 05:10 PM
    Wifi is not ac..
    Did you mean for Passport? As another member pointed out above, Passport is supposed to have AC Wi-Fi.

Or were you talking about one of the other devices mentioned?
    Samsung Note 4, LG G3, and Sony Z3 all have AC Wi-Fi as well...
    09-04-14 05:14 PM
    lower the ppi a little, lower the battery size a little should get some to appear. I dont know what either of the new notes have in battery size. The new sony probably are close to the same or better specs as the passport. The new LG G3 maybe as well

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 specs versus LG G3, Sony Xperia Z3 - CNET
    That link gets pixel density wrong for Sony Z3. It says 524 ppi, which sounded too high considering it's a 1080x1920 display.
    GSM Arena says it's 424 ppi:
    Sony Xperia Z3 - Full phone specifications

Making a generalization, to me the Xperia Z3 is more competing with Samsung S5 than Note 4. (Or LG G3 or Passport.)
    I guess it's just mentioned in same breath because it's Sony's next flagship, and was announced at same time as Note.
    09-04-14 05:20 PM
    Did you mean for Passport? As another member pointed out above, Passport is supposed to have AC Wi-Fi.

Or were you talking about one of the other devices mentioned?
    Samsung Note 4, LG G3, and Sony Z3 all have AC Wi-Fi as well...
    USB 3 is also high on my list...glad its coming!

USB 3.0 client interface supported with custom BlackBerry cable
    I am guessing most of the higher end phones already have this?
    09-04-14 05:22 PM
    USB 3 is also high on my list...glad its coming!

I am guessing most of the higher end phones already have this?
    I'm really not sure. GSM Arena doesn't show USB 3 for any of them... including Passport. Might have to wait to get a definitive answer here.
    stealthbob likes this.
    09-04-14 07:07 PM
    Sorry. The last time I saw, it supported no ac Wifi. Now I think they do..
    09-04-14 07:13 PM
    This ToF sensor is interesting too. What other phones has it?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 07:30 PM
    This ToF sensor is interesting too. What other phones has it?

Posted via CB10
    lg g3
    09-04-14 07:56 PM

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-gal...ony-xperia-z3/
    Well the "new" Sony has the exact same specs as the "old" one (Z2) and even a smaller battery compared to its predecessor (down to 3,100 mAh from 3,200).

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 05:28 AM
    Well the "new" Sony has the exact same specs as the "old" one (Z2) and even a smaller battery compared to its predecessor (down to 3,100 mAh from 3,200).

Posted via CB10
    The annual release of flagship device is unnecessary, I think. Incremental hardware upgrade, no real innovation. 2 year release would be ideal.
    --TommesJay-- likes this.
    09-05-14 08:38 AM
    The annual release of flagship device is unnecessary, I think. Incremental hardware upgrade, no real innovation. 2 year release would be ideal.
    What's crazy is Sony is supposedly doing a flagship phone every 6 months now.
    09-05-14 10:01 AM
    As tp2386 said Sony with its Z series is even upgrading in 6 months cycles. I hate this from a customer PoV. They went from Z to Z1 to Z2 to Z3 within 1.5 years! A carrier contract has a 2 year cycle and it's safe and easy to guess how soon they drop software support for these things.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:11 AM
    Sony is committed to the 6 month cycle but I dont see this needed. The z3 isnt an upgrade to the z2 but if you dont have the z2 then the z3 its a great option of course. BUT in 2014 you need a 1 year cycle for sure. BB is getting caught in this right now with no upgrade for the z10. Heck its been over 1.5 years since its release and almost 1 year for the z30. The people who are on those 2 year contracts have early upgrades expiring right now and there isnt anything even on the horizon for them really.
    09-05-14 10:30 AM
31 12