I'm in the market to ditch this Android crap that work has provided and get back onto BlackBerry. Recently bought a Z10 cheap to get me by until I find the right Passport. I have only used the original Black Passport in the past, so I have a few questions about the OG and the SE.

I hear the resistance of the keys of the keyboard is different between the two. Almost like the SE is 'softer' thus less fatigue. Is this significant? Being a previous user of OG, is this a night and day feeling?

When placing the OG Passport into my shirt pocket, the square corners made it difficult from time to time to get in without a struggle. Does the rounded bottom corners of the SE make a significant difference in pocketing the Passport? In theory I'm guessing it would. In practicality is it easier with the SE?

The glass screen on the OS Passport is rounded at the sides. I heard this is not the case with the SE. I generally liked the feel of the rounded edge. How would you describe the difference in feel of the glass screen edges between the devices. Significant or not really even worth talking about?

The cost difference of about $70 (plus taxes) new or between $100 - $150 used. On Kijiji, I probably could get an OG in pristine condition for $300, whereas the SE would be $400 if not more (and a lot fewer to find). Is the SE that much grander for the cost difference?

If you were in the market for a Passport, considering my questions above, which direction would you go? What primary factors are at play? Would you buy new or used?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    07-08-16 11:42 AM
    Cmon, not again..

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:54 AM
    Flip a coin.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:44 PM
    Cmon, not again..

Posted via CB10
    First time I asked these questions. You must have me confused with someone else.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:26 PM
    Flip a coin.

Posted via CB10
    Surprisingly, this is actually sound advice.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:27 PM
    It's really pretty much the same phone, you need to decide if the new looks and apparently slightly better keyboard really makes much of a difference. I'd always had decent but boring phones that were two year old models, the Passport was the one "crazy geek" option for me so I decided to go whole hog and get the silver edition new once it could be had for $400 + tax (USD).
    07-08-16 03:31 PM
    Surprisingly, this is actually sound advice.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    There both great phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:36 PM
    The SE edition they say it feels great but for me the original passport it looks beautiful and serious and if ur worried for the rounded corners check out if u can find one at At&T.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 10:58 PM
    Oh and by the way! If u gonna buy a passport for ur own pleasure u can buy a new one at blackberry shop summer spectacular deals for 355 $ without the tax or if u want a used one I have one and last for u wich is almost 2 weeks used. Im selling it because of a tiny scratch hahah no for real I was putting the device in a rock surface to stand and when I was close to put it the corner slipped from 2 inches height on the ground hahha thats it! I now u gonna say im crazy but thats how it is. I dont feel it anymore new! price 300 $ original box headset manual everything even a sync pod!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:12 PM
    Oh and by the way! If u gonna buy a passport for ur own pleasure u can buy a new one at blackberry shop summer spectacular deals for 355 $ without the tax or if u want a used one I have one and last for u wich is almost 2 weeks used. Im selling it because of a tiny scratch hahah no for real I was putting the device in a rock surface to stand and when I was close to put it the corner slipped from 2 inches height on the ground hahha thats it! I now u gonna say im crazy but thats how it is. I dont feel it anymore new! price 300 $ original box headset manual everything even a sync pod!

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate the offer. In Canada, the price new is $489. Also, I can likely get used Passport for $300 since I live close to Waterloo, RIM's headquarters. There's lots of BlackBerry phone available in this area. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 06:19 AM
    OG. Triple OG Homie

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 12:34 AM
    Just got my Passport a few days back. I was initially leaning on the SE but ended up buying the OG, and I have to say, I made the right choice and couldn't be happier.
    The SE is great too, but there's just something about the OG. It just feels right.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 07:58 AM
    I'm heavily leaning towards getting an OG Passport. Most likely used. Should be able to snag one complete in box for $300Cdn. The cost difference for the SE doesn't seem justifiable for me. There's lots of OG for sale used, hardly any SE, in my area anyway. And the ones I can find are priced $150 over the OG.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 11:50 AM
    Just got my Passport a few days back. I was initially leaning on the SE but ended up buying the OG, and I have to say, I made the right choice and couldn't be happier.
    The SE is great too, but there's just something about the OG. It just feels right.

Posted via CB10
    The squared corners. There is no explanation. It calls out to your inner weirdo. It gets the attention of others. They think it's a calculator... a notepad... a... a... pointy thick but sharp throwing weapon but no, it's a phone. Deal with it, it ain't vanilla.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:18 AM
    ATT

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    07-15-16 01:43 AM
    I have both and currently using my SE.
    Based on my experience on both the versions of Passport, these are my observations

Original Passport :
    The good - modern looks, legacy BlackBerry feel, compact, solid build quality.
    The bad - stiff keyboard, fingerprint magnet, prone to scratches.
    The ugly - rounded metal sides are slippery.

Passport SE :
    The good - Porsche design inspired looks, built like a tank, awesome keyboard, clearer and louder speaker audio, the beveled sides and the back offers better grip , diamond pattern back doesn't scratch easily, the screen is flush so tempered glass and screen protectors fit perfectly, can be used without a case, better ergonomics(the extra chin).
    The bad - love it or hate it design, design sometimes feels monotonous, doesn't somehow match the flamboyance of the original passport.
    The ugly - the chin is plastic and is easily damaged. The build quality of the chin doesn't do justice to the rest of the device.

However the above are completely based on my opinion. Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-15-16 01:56 AM
    The squared corners. There is no explanation. It calls out to your inner weirdo. It gets the attention of others. They think it's a calculator... a notepad... a... a... pointy thick but sharp throwing weapon but no, it's a phone. Deal with it, it ain't vanilla.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 10:56 AM
    I have both and currently using my SE.
    Based on my experience on both the versions of Passport, these are my observations

Original Passport :
    The good - modern looks, legacy BlackBerry feel, compact, solid build quality.
    The bad - stiff keyboard, fingerprint magnet, prone to scratches.
    The ugly - rounded metal sides are slippery.

Passport SE :
    The good - Porsche design inspired looks, built like a tank, awesome keyboard, clearer and louder speaker audio, the beveled sides and the back offers better grip , diamond pattern back doesn't scratch easily, the screen is flush so tempered glass and screen protectors fit perfectly, can be used without a case, better ergonomics(the extra chin).
    The bad - love it or hate it design, design sometimes feels monotonous, doesn't somehow match the flamboyance of the original passport.
    The ugly - the chin is plastic and is easily damaged. The build quality of the chin doesn't do justice to the rest of the device.

However the above are completely based on my opinion. Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    People keep mentioning the stiff keyboard, but I don't seem to find it bad..it feels good to type on it. Anyways, you've hit all the correct points there. The OP will sure find them helpful.

Ps- i'm surprised to find out that the chin on the SE is plastic! I always thought it was SS!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:16 PM
    People keep mentioning the stiff keyboard, but I don't seem to find it bad..it feels good to type on it. Anyways, you've hit all the correct points there. The OP will sure find them helpful.

Ps- i'm surprised to find out that the chin on the SE is plastic! I always thought it was SS!

Posted via CB10
    Hey there! These were my honest observations. I still find the original passport better looking. In fact I bought it recently because I felt it was much sexier. But sorry to say, I found the typing experience on the SE much better. Maybe it just works for me. The keypad on the original is excellent but on SE it just raises the standard imo. And yes that chin is plastic. Days after I bought it, it slipped from my pocket while driving and landed chin first on the seat adjustment channel. Hardly a feet down and you should see the damage. That part looks as if it has been to a war. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:52 PM
    Hey there! These were my honest observations. I still find the original passport better looking. In fact I bought it recently because I felt it was much sexier. But sorry to say, I found the typing experience on the SE much better. Maybe it just works for me. The keypad on the original is excellent but on SE it just raises the standard imo. And yes that chin is plastic. Days after I bought it, it slipped from my pocket while driving and landed chin first on the seat adjustment channel. Hardly a feet down and you should see the damage. That part looks as if it has been to a war. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, sorry to hear that. I never had a 'hands on' with the SE, so yes, the keyboard maybe better, since most people say it is, I really can't say anything in that matter. Also, I did want to say, that you were honest in your observations

And you said it right, the Black is just so much Sexier!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 01:16 PM
    Made the plunge and bought a new BlackBerry Passport OG (Black) off eBay yesterday. It should be delivered In a couple days. It's listed as BRAND NEW and I nabbed it for $370 Cdn. I think I did well, assuming it's as advertised. Now the waiting game begins.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-20-16 08:10 AM
    Congratulations on the purchase! The anticipation, the arrival, the unboxing...it's all very exciting :P
    Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 11:24 AM
    I did the same thing. Buying one from Ebay at 370$ brand new. Is it from canadian designer? I saw that she had 3 brand new listed. Hope to have it soon
    07-20-16 08:53 PM
    I did the same thing. Buying one from Ebay at 370$ brand new. Is it from canadian designer? I saw that she had 3 brand new listed. Hope to have it soon
    That's funny. I nabbed one of the other ones from the same seller. Hopefully ships soon. It's estimated to arrive as early as tomorrow or next month, even though it hasn't shipped yet. The wait is on!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 09:53 AM
    I would certainly get a passport SE one if it comes in red. Red OG is pure class and unique

Posted via CB10
    hcaliste likes this.
    07-21-16 11:51 AM
26 12