So I put the phone flat on the table one day and noticed that two crossing corners touch the surface and the other two don't!
    So the whole chassis of the phone is crooked! So I dare to try and twist the phone from the opposite corners and funny as it seems, it gets flat.
    That was a month ago... I just did it for the second time 5min ago, while being afraid that the screen will come off in one of the corners from the pressure of the twist in the corners of the chassis.
    That's a bit disappointing because I really like the design and the quality of fit and finish but I guess it's not a big deal as far as it works!

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    02-25-16 02:11 AM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 04:28 AM
    That's not a defect, it's a feature! :-D

*C5303
    bodjor likes this.
    02-25-16 07:02 AM
    That's not a defect, it's a feature! :-D

*C5303
    LOL nice POV

02-25-16 07:58 AM
    Are you sitting on your phone? Don't see how the frame would twist on its own.
    02-25-16 09:27 AM
    Are you sitting on your phone? Don't see how the frame would twist on its own.
    Nooooo! Never! I was also surprised but it happens.
    I keep it in the front pocket and sometimes with tight jeans but still...

02-25-16 11:21 AM
    The i-beam construction is for the overall stiffness, it does twist though. Not really a big deal. Twist it back. front or back pocket doesn't matter does it. What matter is you put pressure and twist it when you put in your front pocket. Put it in your other pocket it will level out. I put mine in my back left pocket and right pocket all the times. it is fine. A quick adjustment with your hands will do as well. think of it like earthquake proofing home in California. The give is to prevent cracks.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    02-25-16 01:19 PM
    The i-beam construction is for the overall stiffness, it does twist though. Not really a big deal. Twist it back. front or back pocket doesn't matter does it. What matter is you put pressure and twist it when you put in your front pocket. Put it in your other pocket it will level out. I put mine in my back left pocket and right pocket all the times. it is fine. A quick adjustment with your hands will do as well. think of it like earthquake proofing home in California. The give is to prevent cracks.
    Makes sense, I was just worried that twisting it back might put some pressure on the screen

02-25-16 02:14 PM
    Yesterday i've discovered a screen lift issue on the right top end of my device. Especially in dark light condition the screen lift is visible as a slit (length approx. 1cm) cause i can see the screen light. Bought it on 26. January this year from Amazon. Contacted them and they will send me a new one in exchange.

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-01-16 02:16 AM
    Good luck with that. I got my Passport in September 2015 and by December the screen began to lift. Got a new one in January from Amazon as a replacement and the screens already lifting on this one.

Passport OG bendgate, reason for screen lift?-img_20160117_114458.jpg

Dilemma being it's was on contract with no upfront cost so I can't ask for my money back, I don't want another and it's highly unlikely they would offer me a different device. Looks like I'm stuck with it even though it's under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:34 PM
    Forgot to mention, with it being winter and knowing about the known bending issue I tended to keep it in my coat pocket rather than trousers so less pressure on the frame. Didn't make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:36 PM
    I keep mine in my inside coat pocket. Had a bit of screen lift on one corner, nothing major. I kept twisting it back to flat. Finally switched hard cases and the issue seems to have gone away. I think my one flip case must have been forcing a bit of a twist.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 04:33 PM
    this has been an issue since day one. just bend it back.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:31 PM
    Where on the box does the phone name show as "Passport OG"?
    03-04-16 12:44 AM
    Where on the box does the phone name show as "Passport OG"?
    Obviously it doesn't say that. But it's a term we use to differentiate between the three versions of Passport (AT&T, SE and OG).

OG is short for original.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 12:58 AM
    this has been an issue since day one. just bend it back.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't solve the adhesive coming off the screen though it just makes the gap in it smaller. My phone isn't actually bent using the table method, my first one on the other hand was.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 02:15 AM
    That doesn't solve the adhesive coming off the screen though it just makes the gap in it smaller. My phone isn't actually bent using the table method, my first one on the other hand was.

Posted via CB10
    if the screen is actually lifting, then you should contact blackberry and cite your warranty

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 08:57 AM
    Good luck with that. I got my Passport in September 2015 and by December the screen began to lift. Got a new one in January from Amazon as a replacement and the screens already lifting on this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160117_114458.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	393096

Dilemma being it's was on contract with no upfront cost so I can't ask for my money back, I don't want another and it's highly unlikely they would offer me a different device. Looks like I'm stuck with it even though it's under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Well it was an outright purchase in my case. Here in germany the consumer law says that after a third attempt to solve the issue failed from the seller/ net provider you have the right to choose another device or get your money back.

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-04-16 01:21 PM
    Nooooo! Never! I was also surprised but it happens.
    I keep it in the front pocket and sometimes with tight jeans but still...

You have just solved your mystery.
    03-04-16 01:24 PM
    You have just solved your mystery.
    Glue shouldn't come off though. Fair enough the phone bending in tight pockets due to the form but the adhesive coming off is a manufacturing fault. Same as the first that went you can see points every centimetre or so where the double sided tape as come away.

I suspected this phone was going to do it as well since day one. You could sort of make out where this part of the screen was sticking slightly higher than the frets. I thought I was being paranoid at the time because of the first one.

I doubt blackberry would be interested in the issue. When I contacted them the first time they said it was nothing to do with them and I had to get back in touch with Amazon who kindly swapped the phone for me. I wonder if amazon would be interested in giving me a different discounted device off their site if I put some money towards?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 02:01 PM