So my cases are finally here! I'm very happy with both and would like to give my humble view for other potential users.

I ordered both from the CrackBerry shop:

BlackBerry Hard Shell Case for Passport | BlackBerry Hard Cases | ShopCrackBerry

Rugged QX NTX Horizontal Pouch | BlackBerry Cases

In the Canadian shop I think they're offered as a combo and in the US one as a suggestion, so I took a leap of faith.

I've read in the forums that some users had problems with the Hard Shell case, as it damaged their device's rubbery corners due to being too tight. In the very little time I've had the Hard Shell, I haven't noticed any damage on my device and find it fits well enough, but only time will tell (I will post a pic of the case's inside data).

I do find the overall construction and feel of the Hard Shell very good, on par with that for the Z30, Q10 and Q5, all of which I've used. It gives just enough protection for the device, without making it bulky. It allows for the same typing experience as with the naked device, the back feels almost as rubbery and find that the lower corners are less bothersome while holding the device. Overall, it seems great for using it when wearing business suits/jackets. I'm still using the factory screen protector, so once it's worn out, I'll change it for the one included with the Hard Shell.

For rougher situations (for instance, my HEMA training sessions and events), I ordered the Rugged QX pouch, which although it's not designed for the Passport, does a good job at providing tough protection. It is a bit taller than the Passport, but just wide enough. In combination with the Hard Shell, the device practically does not move inside. Again, I'd recommend combining the cases, as a naked Passport will probably fit too loosely.

I checked the Seidio options, and while these look very attractive, I just had to have a case that showed the BlackBerry logo. And due to the lack of other options at the moment, I think this combo will do the job for my needs. Anyway, I'll test these out further and report back. Cheers!
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img_20150122_142121.jpg
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img_20150122_142325.jpg
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img_20150122_145416.jpg
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img-20150122-00015.jpg
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img-20150122-00016.jpg
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img-20150122-00017.jpg
    Passport OEM Hard Shell case and Rugged QX pouch opinion.-img-20150122-00018.jpg

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    MGO likes this.
    01-22-15 03:30 PM
    I've read in the forums that some users had problems with the Hard Shell case, as it damaged their device's rubbery corners due to being too tight. In the very little time I've had the Hard Shell, I haven't noticed any damage on my device and find it fits well enough, but only time will tell (I will post a pic of the case's inside data).
    I think that the couple of users reporting this were quoted and re-quoted enough to give the impression that it's more widespread than it truly is.

I've been using the OEM shell since launch day, taking it off/putting it on again -- with no scuffing whatsoever. Just make sure the device and inside of the shell are clean before putting them together. I suspect that the ones who experienced a bit of marking had some stuff in the shell or on device.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-22-15 05:55 PM
    Unfortunately, the problem with the oem hard shell case is.. true. Better don't use it for too long. Only my suggestion. It's very good looking and everything, but it may damage the backside of your passport. I don't think the problem is with the case, but with the back material of passport itself. It is too easily damaged. My opinion. But it is also not a good idea to use the device naked because of the spotting around the BlackBerry logo when used naked over time. So... I used another leather case for it. Sad, sad.
    01-22-15 06:10 PM
    Unfortunately, the problem with the oem hard shell case is.. true. Better don't use it for too long. Only my suggestion. It's very good looking and everything, but it may damage the backside of your passport. I don't think the problem is with the case, but with the back material of passport itself. It is too easily damaged. My opinion. But it is also not a good idea to use the device naked because of the spotting around the BlackBerry logo when used naked over time. So... I used another leather case for it. Sad, sad.
    Did this happen to you? Or are you referring to the thread where it was discussed?
    01-22-15 06:20 PM
    My hard shell becomes a little loose because I've been taking it on n off very frequently.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 06:40 PM
    Did this happen to you? Or are you referring to the thread where it was discussed?
    It happened to me. It doesn't look as bad as the one in the thread, but the scoff was there. Exactly at the same place. But much milder. You have to look for it, to notice it. But it is there. And it happens at bilaterally. I have been using the hard shell case for around 3 months, but I started to realize the scoff in under than one month of use! After that, it didn't get worse, but the scoff was still there.
    01-23-15 12:46 AM
    It happened to me. It doesn't look as bad as the one in the thread, but the scoff was there. Exactly at the same place. But much milder. You have to look for it, to notice it. But it is there. And it happens at bilaterally. I have been using the hard shell case for around 3 months, but I started to realize the scoff in under than one month of use! After that, it didn't get worse, but the scoff was still there.
    Scuff...? :-)

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-23-15 02:45 AM
    Scuff...? :-)

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    Scoff scuff whatever works. Lol. :-D
    01-23-15 08:51 PM
    One week's use and I haven't noticed any damage on the device's rubbery back. I posted the data for my case, so perhaps they made some corrections on the design for latter batches.

However, one of the corners feels just a bit loose, but not enough to rattle or be an issue. I'm actually quite happy with the case.

Regarding the QX rugged case, as I mentioned previously, it is not designed for and therefore taller than the Passport. It does a good job however and will most likely also serve me with my Z30.

My only complain so far is that I find the bottom gap to push the device out a bit long, so at moments feel it might not protect the device if it fell on an irregular surface. It coincides with the area unprotected by the hard shell (I'm attaching a pic). This might be an unfounded fear after all, but worth mentioning it.

Posted from the mighty Z30!
    Attachment 330084
    01-27-15 03:35 PM
    Been using my oem case for over a month, constant use. No marks what so ever...

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-27-15 03:44 PM
    Selling my brand new OEM hard case if anyone is interested
    01-27-15 05:41 PM
    One week's use and I haven't noticed any damage on the device's rubbery back. I posted the data for my case, so perhaps they made some corrections on the design for latter batches.

However, one of the corners feels just a bit loose, but not enough to rattle or be an issue. I'm actually quite happy with the case.

Regarding the QX rugged case, as I mentioned previously, it is not designed for and therefore taller than the Passport. It does a good job however and will most likely also serve me with my Z30.

My only complain so far is that I find the bottom gap to push the device out a bit long, so at moments feel it might not protect the device if it fell on an irregular surface. It coincides with the area unprotected by the hard shell (I'm attaching a pic). This might be an unfounded fear after all, but worth mentioning it.

Posted from the mighty Z30!
    Attachment 330084
    Maybe... I bought it one month after the Passport is released in Germany. So I don't know how about the latter batches. It is actually not bad. The damage is small, almost unnoticeable if you don't exactly look for it. And the case is good looking. I still keep it with me.
    01-28-15 03:40 AM
    I just realized this. Don't use the OEM hard shell. Other than the common scratch that might occur on the vulnerable back side of the passport, it also can make scratch on the front side of the Passport. Anyone who uses it, can try to look for the mark. Especially if you take it on and off regularly. Look at your device under the light, and look at the top corners, where the OEM hard shell locks itself to the Passport. You'll see some scratch there, completely symmetrical.
    02-02-15 09:49 AM
    None on my Passport, after 4 months.
    02-02-15 10:33 AM
    I just realized this. Don't use the OEM hard shell. Other than the common scratch that might occur on the vulnerable back side of the passport, it also can make scratch on the front side of the Passport. Anyone who uses it, can try to look for the mark. Especially if you take it on and off regularly. Look at your device under the light, and look at the top corners, where the OEM hard shell locks itself to the Passport. You'll see some scratch there, completely symmetrical.
    I prefer using this Hard Shell and having my Passport's corners protected, than not. I've checked but didn't notice any actual damage. Perhaps is best to just keep it on and not take it off and put it back on unless it is truly necessary, period.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    02-02-15 10:09 PM
    I just got the hard shell case for mine today. Like the feel of it. Hopefully it doesn't do any damage. Also like the all black on the back as it covers up the silver line at the sim sd card door.

Passport on AT&T
    02-02-15 10:21 PM
    Got a Ringke fusion case and to my surprise, it's made in Korea and not China. The quality of the plastic is quite good. Adds a little bit of bulk to the passport but not too bad.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:04 PM
    +1 for the hardshell case, great feel without to much bulk.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:56 AM
    Im happy with my hardshell. Does what it should.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:31 AM
    I have the hardshell case and I haven't looked for any scuffs or scratches, however, the top left corner is a bit slack and it feels really annoying every-time I feel it move - which is like all the time. I usually place my index fingers on the side, top corners while using both thumbs to type and my other fingers interlocked at the back of the device. Any ideas on how to stop the shaking without changing the look? It seems as if that corner is going to get looser and looser over time. All other corners fit snuggly with no play whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:58 PM
    Been using the OEM case for the past few weeks. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:07 PM
    Just got the hard shell, feels great, never going to be removing it unless absolutely necessary. This is a replacement Passport due to a loose 'P' key on the other one. Anyways, I didn't even remove the back packaging sticker and put the shell on immediately. I really don't even want to look and find the spot around the BlackBerry logo. Even though I can be quoted saying it's no big deal (because it really is not a big deal), but I still don't want to see it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:25 PM
    No issues here after about a month with the hard shell. I didn't like the leather flex case as it was as slippery as ice.
    02-06-15 12:37 AM
    My hard shell becomes a little loose because I've been taking it on n off very frequently.

Posted via CB10
    Mine too. It creaks on the bottom a lot.

It also offers no protection on most of the stainless steel frame. It looks cool, but the design is pretty bad in terms of actual protection.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 03:02 AM
    Mine too. It creaks on the bottom a lot.

It also offers no protection on most of the stainless steel frame. It looks cool, but the design is pretty bad in terms of actual protection.

Posted via CB10
    Andddd... it might damage your phone. ==. They should line it inside with something softer. Like cloth or something.
    02-06-15 03:43 AM
29 12