Hi all!

I've been using my passport for a month with the OEM tan leather flip case. First of all it is absolutely gorgeous. It's real leather unlike the other oem "leather" pouches and cases, it's really soft to touch, it's smells great and the grip is fantastic.

Now, this would be a fantastic flpic case cover if.... this was a full touchscreen device. You see, when you're typing with the flip case on, you can't really bend it 'till it gets all the way to the back and properly use the keyboard. You have to hold it like a book if you will, and then type with the case constantly moving, as if it were the cover part of the book. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly.

Also, the adesive is good but not enough to prevent it from detaching overtime and dust progressively getting in the way between the back cover and the adhesive part of the case.

Finally, after one month of use it never completely closed fully, there was always a bit of a gap between the device and the cover, and therefore the LED was never visible. On the other side, the power settings do WORK even if it's far from fully closed.

Anyway, the passport as every qwerty device really only can accept a pouch or holster or a vertical case opening downwards or upwards, but never an horizontal one.

I don't get blackberry's move on this one.

Anyone experiencing somehting similar?
    12-30-14 08:49 AM
    No my case closes easily, because I just 'worked' the leather flap enough for it to bend smoothly (repeatedly fold the flap fully back and forth until it becomes flexible enough. And funny enough, if you rest it opened for a while it does become more rigid again, it is a very sturdy build!

Holding the phone in two hands, resting the flap to the side works very well for me when typing, and flipping it fully backwards (is a bit difficult true) works also.

Once you place the case evenly, it sticks very well, no build up of dust or unexpected detachments. If it does become dirty a quick wipe with a wet cloth cleans it right up.

Tl;dr - you really have to make sure you flex the case enough before it becomes easier to close. I wish I could explain better what I mean but it is no problem for me at all.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-30-14 09:06 AM
    Hi all!

I've been using my passport for a month with the OEM tan leather flip case. First of all it is absolutely gorgeous. It's real leather unlike the other oem "leather" pouches and cases, it's really soft to touch, it's smells great and the grip is fantastic.

Now, this would be a fantastic flpic case cover if.... this was a full touchscreen device. You see, when you're typing with the flip case on, you can't really bend it 'till it gets all the way to the back and properly use the keyboard. You have to hold it like a book if you will, and then type with the case constantly moving, as if it were the cover part of the book. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly.

Also, the adesive is good but not enough to prevent it from detaching overtime and dust progressively getting in the way between the back cover and the adhesive part of the case.

Finally, after one month of use it never completely closed fully, there was always a bit of a gap between the device and the cover, and therefore the LED was never visible. On the other side, the power settings do WORK even if it's far from fully closed.

Anyway, the passport as every qwerty device really only can accept a pouch or holster or a vertical case opening downwards or upwards, but never an horizontal one.

I don't get blackberry's move on this one.

Anyone experiencing somehting similar?
    I got the original oem passport flip case and realized it was an epic fail when I realized it was an adhesive backing.

I've since threw it out and got a TETDED dijon ii case with sleeper function. It's high quality folio type. And is manufactured with a leather covered bracket case Similiar to the oem hard shell case.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:19 AM
    I had no problem with my OEM flip shell, you'll need to work the leather in. After roughly two weeks, the cover more or less stayed close enough when laying it on a table and it wasn't really hindering typing at all when bend around the backside.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:47 PM
    I adjusted the case by letting the front come out longer than the back so it has enough slack to close fully. The fold back needs to be broken in, but once you have enough slack in the front flap, it folds well.

I keep going back and forth with and without the case because everytime I hold the device naked, it feels so much thinner, sleek and solid that I can't help but go without the case.

The case works really well for power though, especially with the double swiping on the 1154 build.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:45 PM
    No my case closes easily, because I just 'worked' the leather flap enough for it to bend smoothly (repeatedly fold the flap fully back and forth until it becomes flexible enough. And funny enough, if you rest it opened for a while it does become more rigid again, it is a very sturdy build!

Holding the phone in two hands, resting the flap to the side works very well for me when typing, and flipping it fully backwards (is a bit difficult true) works also.

Once you place the case evenly, it sticks very well, no build up of dust or unexpected detachments. If it does become dirty a quick wipe with a wet cloth cleans it right up.

Tl;dr - you really have to make sure you flex the case enough before it becomes easier to close. I wish I could explain better what I mean but it is no problem for me at all.

Same with me, I am using the case for more than a month, I find it very good!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-30-14 02:00 PM
    No way I'll put a case on my beautiful gold Passport... https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i...fer?_mSplash=1

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:27 PM
    No need to find a reason to show off your gold passport

Ive been thinking abut buying This case as i do enjoy some screen protection aswell! But i do want to type properly. Some more opinions would be nice!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:34 PM
    I canceled my order from shopcrackberry on the Tan version when I got the tetded case. Not missing it at all.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    GeoK likes this.
    12-30-14 03:32 PM
    I used the OEM Flip case for a while. It is compact, and it shows off the nice stainless steel sides. But it is a bit awkward, and what's more: the front flap split open at the bottom right corner. Tried to glue that back in place twice, but it just was not getting back in shape.
    So now I've put on a Stilgut nappa leather case. It's only been a week, but I like how it snaps shut and how it folds back. Sleeper function and led window are very nice, and the leather feels good.

I have to say I was disappointed with the Blackberry OEM Flip shell; it was not at all on par with the Z30 flip shell I used with so much pleasure.
    12-30-14 04:30 PM
    Same with me, I am using the case for more than a month, I find it very good!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    And me. No issues here, although I purchased a Spigen magnetic clip as was discussed in another forum thread and that ensures that the OEM cover closes fully each and every time so that the Passport goes to sleep and I can see the LED flash when I get a message. I actually like typing on the Passport with the cover folded all the way back as I think it is easier to hold and control than without a case. In regards to the adhesive though I do not take my Passport out of the case often so far the adhesive has held up well with two months of use.
    12-30-14 04:34 PM
    Last night my Passport was dropped a lot when people were trying out this "strange device I brought". And the Flip Case protected it very well!
    One of the people here was bragging about their special Samsung Galaxy Strong edition (or whatever), but that was dented after a few drops and not even the frame of my Passport has any marks on it.

01-01-15 08:23 AM

I don't see how you can type with it open and it looks really awkward to type with it folded backward behind the device after looking at the CB review?
    01-01-15 03:30 PM