I purchased the black Passport in October last year and absolutely loved it but I am a sucker for anything new so when the Samsung Note Edge came out I just had to have it.
    After using both the PP and the Edge I have got to say that the PP is hands down the better device!

The battery life did not even compare, for the same amount of use I got about 2 days out of the PP where the Edge would need to be recharged every night.

The PP keyboard is amazing and so much easier and quicker to type than the Edge.

Plus I am loving the attention I am getting from the PP.

The PP is so much better than the Edge for what I need it for that I got a second one and purchased the Red PP. The looks and stares I get when using this device is awesome!
    Passport to Note Edge back to Passport-inst10_bb.jpg

Www.lilysrandomrants.wordpress.com
    fanBBRY, hpjrt, thymaster and 2 others like this.
    05-31-15 09:22 PM
    I got to try out a Note Edge a while back. Never understood the hype behind it. I definitely did not enjoy the curved ends of the screen, just felt weird in my hand.

I think you made the right choice. Enjoy.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    lilayz and thymaster like this.
    06-01-15 12:49 AM
    I'll admit, I'm a little Edge-curious. But I know it's just a fleeting gimmick. I doubt all the other phone manufacturers will be jumping on the curved display bandwagon, at least not the big ones. As I understand it, the new BlackBerry slider coming out will have a bit of a curved edge screen, but that would be fine paired with the BB10 OS :P

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    lilayz likes this.
    06-01-15 05:35 AM
    I found the curved edge to be such a novelty, wasn't it as practical. Nothing beats how practical the Hub is!
    06-01-15 06:09 AM
    I have a pp and galaxy 6 edge. Long story short I'm about to sell the edge. Its Purdy and all but doesn't feel good egonomically. I'm constantly pressing the power button and I'm nowhere near as accurate while typing on it.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-01-15 11:51 AM
    Just about to get rid of my S6 edge for the Passport. I'm done with Samsung. Touch wiz is laggy and the S6 battery drain is horrendous.

The Note edge looked interesting... Briefly...thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thymaster likes this.
    06-01-15 11:54 AM
    The note is another S6 with an oversize screen and a pen that is near non-existence. You should give Passport a chance. I have and it's the best phone purchase I have ever made.

Just about to get rid of my S6 edge for the Passport. I'm done with Samsung. Touch wiz is laggy and the S6 battery drain is horrendous.

The Note edge looked interesting... Briefly...thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Techno-guy likes this.
    06-01-15 03:04 PM
    I have the note edge and I have to say it's a very good device. I downloaded Swiftkey and now it runs as smooth as a BlackBerry keyboard...we almost as smooth. Lol

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    06-01-15 11:09 PM
    I don't have the edge but I have had the GS5, 6+, 6 and so far I am liking the PP way more then any of those previous devices I have stated above. The battery is awesome and the wide screen really makes a difference. When I use my iPhone 6 for work it seems so narrow. I think since I have been a BlackBerry user since the pearl and now with the PP I am back to loving BlackBerry one again.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:05 AM
    I don't have the edge but I have had the GS5, 6+, 6 and so far I am liking the PP way more then any of those previous devices I have stated above. The battery is awesome and the wide screen really makes a difference. When I use my iPhone 6 for work it seems so narrow. I think since I have been a BlackBerry user since the pearl and now with the PP I am back to loving BlackBerry one again.

Posted via CB10
    If I could afford to cancel all of my Sprint lines, I would so I could go to att and get a passport. I've always had a blackberry and I know that passport is a solid device.... I know it is!! Damit sprint!! Another reason I got the note edge was cause with the flip cover it looks so professional and in many ways the device is productive.

My wife has the iPhone 6 and it ain't all that bad. I'm not an apple fan but my wife has a case on hers and it looks sweet.
    06-02-15 07:15 AM
    I too am curious about the Edge. If you want to trade for yours I would. Although you already have a PP:P and a red one at that.
    06-02-15 07:19 AM
    I also had the Note Edge and I won't say it was gimmicky as I found the Edge to be quite useful in some respects. The problem with the Edge (which I did enjoy while I had it) is that with all its bells and whistles, it was just to laggy. Take it from someone who absolutely HATES that word because I think it's totally overused. The edge was nice but just had way to much going on to function smoothly. At the end of the day, do we really need all of that? Probably not. The Passport may not be able to do all of that but what it does do it does smoothly and in perfect fashion. No bells and whistles, just all the function you need to get things done without it getting in its own way. We love you Blackberry
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-02-15 07:28 AM
    If I could afford to cancel all of my Sprint lines, I would so I could go to att and get a passport. I've always had a blackberry and I know that passport is a solid device.... I know it is!! Damit sprint!! Another reason I got the note edge was cause with the flip cover it looks so professional and in many ways the device is productive.

My wife has the iPhone 6 and it ain't all that bad. I'm not an apple fan but my wife has a case on hers and it looks sweet.
    I was like you until I finally decided to just get rid of what I had and go to AT&T. It just seemed like when a phone came out that I really liked, it was always on AT&T first and sometime exclusively. It didn't hurt that it turned out AT&T has the best service in my area. I suppose some might consider it foolish, but I refuse to be held captive by a contract if the service that's being provided isn't pulling it's weight. Direct TV and US Cellular found that out recently. Yes, it cost me money doing that but at least now I feel I'm getting what I pay for. Once you're in a contract, it's like they can do whatever they want to you because you're "stuck" with them. Not me.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-02-15 07:33 AM