I have three BlackBerry chargers. Lately my AT&T Passport is refusing to recognize them more and more. I have to insert then in several times to get it to start charging. Suggestions? It's doing it about half the time now.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:35 PM
    I have three BlackBerry chargers. Lately my AT&T Passport is refusing to recognize them more and more. I have to insert then in several times to get it to start charging. Suggestions? It's doing it about half the time now.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the one that came in the box? I have the same issue with chargers that came with previous models. The only one that works properly is the one that was packaged with my BlackBerry Passport.

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    03-28-16 08:47 PM
    I have the same issue, my passport doesn't recognize my chargers either, it seems to be hit and miss as I have 3 charging cords all OEM blackberry cords ,passport,Z30 and the Playbook rapid charger all do the same. They will charge eventually, a different cord will work every night. And the same when I use my Samsung tablet charging cord as well. Your not alone but it seems only since the last update 10.3.2.2836. I might try a security wipe and downgrade to see it works properly.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:04 PM
    My Passport is fine with OEM chargers, but doesn't play nice with even the Apple iPad charger, somehow.
    03-28-16 09:45 PM
    No problems with my BlackBerry Passport SE with any of the OEM chargers. Likes the PlayBook charger best.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    03-28-16 11:32 PM
    I have the charger that came with it, a playbook, and BlackBerry car charger.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 11:36 PM
    I'm having the same issue and I'm also on the latest os. Seems recognizing the charger is hit or miss. When it doesn't recognize it, I have to reboot to get it to charge. This is on the charger that came with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 02:51 AM
    perhaps it has. . . AMNESIA

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 04:28 AM
    In ironic way I'm glad to hear others have had the same problem..I worried it was a prob with my Passport! ...I've used Blackberry chargers..generic chargers...Apple wall plugs whatever..about three combinations have stopped working...what I don't understand is surely the mini USB connector is one of the most common connections so how come there are so many problems ? my family have had 3 broken mini USB connectors previously in 3 different Samsung Galaxy's. Is this just a flawed design?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 03:30 PM
    Yes, micro-usb is a flawed design.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    03-29-16 04:07 PM
    Clean your charging port. It may simply be a bad connection.
    03-29-16 04:49 PM
    Best way to clean it?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 05:07 PM
    You can use isopropyl alcohol to clean the connection. Don't use rubbing alcohol though, find isopropyl with a higher alcohol content, preferably over 90 percent. I got some at a grocery store in the pharmacy section that was over 90 percent. Rubbing alcohol is 70 percent which means it has more water in it. You can also use an electronics cleaner but if you do, choose one with no lubricant and one that is safe for plastics. I would stick to the isopropyl alcohol though.

I often simply dip the cord's connector in it and then plug it in an unplug it several times. Or, use a q-tip to get the port a bit wet and then plug it in and unplug it several time. You can also use a small brush with the alcohol on it to clean it if you wish.

The alcohol will evaporate quickly. Do it with the phone off. Wait for it to dry before turning it on.
    03-29-16 06:51 PM
    You've killed the port.. luckily you have an ATT Passport... get a wireless charger.
    PHughes likes this.
    03-29-16 06:55 PM
    Every Blackberry I've owned has been fussy with chargers after a while, other brand handsets keep working with same charger too. But like others have said already, the specific charger that comes with each phone works best but sometimes finding a genuine one on some auction sites is a bit hit n miss.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 07:03 PM
    That was the most pis- poor design. A very small connection for a big and heavy phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 01:49 AM