Good morning all, this morning I was looking at a news video and suddenly my passport started to emit a hi pitched scream! Thinking it might blow up I quickly shut it down. Then turned it back on and all is quiet. The battery did not heat up. I haven't tried the speakers to see if they're blown. Just wondered if anyone has had something like this happen with their passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:07 AM
    Did you try playing music or something else to check the speakers? Then maybe that video again?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-20-14 11:33 AM
    Yes, going to work up the nerve to try the video (news video not a music video). The siren scream was freaky. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:38 AM
    Okay ran the same video and a different one again, this time no screaming siren. Not sure why it happened the first time - hope it never happens again.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:46 AM
    Glad it worked!
    11-20-14 11:49 AM
    Good morning all, this morning I was looking at a news video and suddenly my passport started to emit a hi pitched scream! Thinking it might blow up I quickly shut it down. Then turned it back on and all is quiet. The battery did not heat up. I haven't tried the speakers to see if they're blown. Just wondered if anyone has had something like this happen with their passport.

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly what you saying,i had mine passport ringing unpleasantly/uneven sound while it was ringing on receiving a call.happend lyk thrice that same day.now back to normal

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 12:00 PM
    Glad it worked!
    So am I, hope it never happens again lol
    11-20-14 12:16 PM
    Not exactly what you saying,i had mine passport ringing unpleasantly/uneven sound while it was ringing on receiving a call.happend lyk thrice that same day.now back to normal

Posted via CB10
    Mine had a siren sound that was a lot like a personal burgler alarm. Never want to hear it again. Glad to hear your phone is back to normal.
    11-20-14 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Glad you have a good attitude about it and didn't go nuts claiming that blackberry should die or be burned at the stake. Maybe you should look into replacing the device so you don't run the risk of having this happen again.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-20-14 01:04 PM
    Noooo. Haha not going to replace it because of a one of. I think it could even have been the video itself. I'm a diehard BlackBerry user - definitely not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 01:13 PM
    Noooo. Haha not going to replace it because of a one of. I think it could even have been the video itself. I'm a diehard BlackBerry user - definitely not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Could most definitely have been the video itself. Still scary though. Let us know if it happens again!

11-20-14 01:28 PM
    Could most definitely have been the video itself. Still scary though. Let us know if it happens again!

Yep, I hope it doesn't happen again, it was quite loud a siren-like scream.
    11-20-14 09:14 PM
    Same issue with mine - is there anyone know what caused this and how to fix it?
    01-01-15 03:06 AM
    Hmm ... That happens occasionally on my Home Theater PC. I think it's a bug in the video, or in the flash player. It'll get stuck (frozen) and emit this super-loud buzz. A reboot always fixes it on the PC, and this sounds similar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-01-15 03:43 AM
    Happened again.... was on a BC1 news video.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 12:31 PM
    I just had this happen on my Passport 10.3.2.2789. You're right, it's freaky and the siren continued even after I lowered the volume to zero. Shut down the phone right away and restarted which seems to have fixed the issue. But it's very strange... and VERY loud. It sounds like a siren that starts at a low pitch and goes higher and higher.
    11-20-15 11:35 AM
    It maybe an emergency weather alert or amber alert!

8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    11-20-15 04:08 PM
    Its crazy oh well its time for a hard reset
    11-20-15 06:23 PM
    Just happened again on my PP. This time, I did not reboot right away and instead checked to see what would happen afterwards. Problem is after the siren ends, the audio is dead until a reboot - cannot listen to music, cannot make calls, etc. When it happened this time, my phone was in standby, screen was off, all apps were closed. I got an email, heard the email notification and the siren sounded immediately thereafter.
    12-29-15 10:57 PM
    Hi all

I seem to be having the same issue. But it's only when I'm on a phone call. Loud sirene goes off, deafing both parties on the phone, causing me to turn off the phone immediately and having to restart. I've upgraded to the latest software but have no idea what may be causing this. Anyone have an advice?
    01-15-16 09:06 AM
    It could be a rogue Android app with permission to run in the background...

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    01-15-16 09:12 AM
    could you please guide me to a hard reset and/or a restore?
    01-15-16 11:19 AM
    My passport has developed an exceptionally loud siren sound on alerts. I have no idea what has happened here. It is LOUD!!!
    Any ideas?
    03-06-16 08:46 PM
    Fixed by my IT group. Removed Zello and did some other stuff. Worked.
    03-07-16 08:38 PM
    Well, its back. It is interfering with my cell phone. Can't here the other person while it makes a weird sound like its going to overheat and the circuits are melting.
    03-19-16 01:15 PM
30 12