I stopped using my passport as it very rarely picks up any signal other than wifi. As my main phone is down it now has my sim card again. but still the same issue. Manual scan finds my carrier but once selected it goes to SOS. I've reset apk too.
    Finally I wanted to try a full factory reset.
    A. I can't find this in the settings, how do I do it?
    B. Anyone think it would be successful?
    I haven't used this phone apart from on wifi for over a year, so a bit rusty.
    Thanks

Swiped on my Passport!
    12-23-18 02:11 AM
    The Passport has an endemic problem where after some time the SIM card reader (presumably) dies/loses its solder contacts and network connectivity drops down to emergency calls only.

You can try a factory reset via security wipe options in the OS, or better, use an autoloader to forcibly reload (and update if you haven't already) the latest 10.3.3.3216 OS version onto your device. That said, if it's hardware, neither of those will fix it.
    BigBadWulf and BergerKing like this.
    12-23-18 07:47 AM
    Looks like you have the dreaded "emergency calls only" bug. No fix for that issue.
    12-23-18 08:00 AM
    Thanks, I have read about passports losing signal and going to emergency only. I have 10.3.3.2137 so will try and update, but looking a lost cause! Thanks

Swiped on my Passport!
    12-24-18 02:40 AM
    More annoyed my Xperia camera died after a year, they won't fix it under warranty because of a scratches on the phone, even though it illy died after the last android update, now it's too late to get it back till new year!

Swiped on my Passport!
    12-24-18 02:41 AM
    I broke the SIM tray on my Z10 and had it replaced. It wasn't expensive. My first course of action would be to ask a phone repair shop to reflow the solder at the SIM tray on your Passport and check for dry joints. Access to the inside or a Passport is very easy thankfully!

It did take me three attempts to get the Z10 fixed. The guy on Mill Rd, Cambridge, UK did a terrible messy job each time and it failed after a day or two; finally Minutes in Dubai Mall did it and it was a neat job and the phone has worked ever since. So, try and pick your repair shop wisely if possible!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-18 09:50 PM
    I stopped using my passport as it very rarely picks up any signal other than wifi. As my main phone is down it now has my sim card again. but still the same issue. Manual scan finds my carrier but once selected it goes to SOS. I've reset apk too.
    Thanks

Swiped on my Passport!
    Replace the sim tray. It happens to my three passports I fixed them all by replacing the sim tray.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-19 04:06 PM
    I broke the SIM tray on my Z10 and had it replaced. It wasn't expensive. My first course of action would be to ask a phone repair shop to reflow the solder at the SIM tray on your Passport and check for dry joints. Access to the inside or a Passport is very easy thankfully!

It did take me three attempts to get the Z10 fixed. The guy on Mill Rd, Cambridge, UK did a terrible messy job each time and it failed after a day or two; finally Minutes in Dubai Mall did it and it was a neat job and the phone has worked ever since. So, try and pick your repair shop wisely if possible!

Posted via CB10
    Probably cheaper to buy a new phone than take it to Dubai to be fixed though lol.

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    01-28-19 10:49 AM
    Probably cheaper to buy a new phone than take it to Dubai to be fixed though lol.

:-)

Posted via CB10
    01-29-19 04:52 PM

With some luck and right tool you might be able to replace it yourself!

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    01-30-19 03:20 AM
    Mine hasn't worked for two years, I'm in thailand now and put a thai sim card in and couldn't believe it, the thia network popped up, can't believe how slow it has become though.

Passport to heaven..
    02-10-19 06:46 AM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Thanks

Swiped on my Passport!
    clean the Slot SIM

Posted via CB10
    02-21-19 10:14 PM
    clean the Slot SIM

Posted via CB10
    Still won't get any signal even if you soak the phone under soapy water. 😉
    02-21-19 10:27 PM
    Even if you change the sim slot and the shop does proper testing, if it's a motherboard issue, you're screwed. Mine had a motherboard issue, a manufacturers defect, unfortunately. No signal/emergency calls only/no sim detected forever.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    07-25-19 02:46 PM