Hey group

I just got a used passport and this thing is great I just came from a classic but the issue is I don't have the picture or video icons on the home screen and the amazon app store will not launch

I can access my picture library through the camera but that's it.

I did a reset through the security settings and it didn't fix it.

Is there a way to install the picture, video and amazon apps?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 07:12 PM
    Reload the OS using link
    10-05-16 08:31 PM
    Please expand on re loading the os using link!!

How where?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:33 PM
    Please expand on re loading the os using link!!

How where?

Posted via CB10
    You need to download Blackberry Link onto your PC. From this program you can attach your device via USB to your computer, start BlackBerry Link and then restore your device to factory OS. This will solve your problem. Using BlackBerry Link on your PC you can also backup your phone and transfer files etc. Also check out and install BlackBerry Blend which is packaged with Link.
    10-05-16 11:46 PM
    Always check before buying used devices. Issues such as these arise when we as buyers are negligent. Always make sure that the software works as its supposed to, and not just the hardware!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 03:47 AM
    If the os is 10.3.3 then you out of luck...
    10-06-16 04:12 AM
    I installed the link software and it gives me restore but there is no backup point made so no option there, next I did factory reset and it appears to just be doing a security swipe as you can do with in the phone settings that did not fix my issues of no picture or video icon.

This is odd is it telling me I need to update the software to 10.3.2.5xx but my phone has 10.3.2.8xx can't verify at the moment the phone is factory swiping.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 05:59 AM
    passport with no picture or video icons-img_20161006_113908.png
    passport with no picture or video icons-img_20161006_113843.png
    passport with no picture or video icons-img_20161006_111611.png

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:46 AM
    That is a very old OS you have on your Passport. If I were you, I would go to Thurask's repository here: https://mega.nz/#F!TQFgFSxJ!zhwyQzj_64vN4ktHcIVmxw and download the Passport 10.3.2.2888 zipped OS (1.47 gb)autoloader. Put this on your PC desktop, unzip it and with your Passport plugged into your PC with usb, run the autoloader .exe file. It will take about 15-20 minutes and you will have the latest OS.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-06-16 07:13 AM
    That is a very old OS you have on your Passport. If I were you, I would go to Thurask's repository here: https://mega.nz/#F!TQFgFSxJ!zhwyQzj_64vN4ktHcIVmxw and download the Passport 10.3.2.2888 zipped OS (1.47 gb)autoloader. Put this on your PC desktop, unzip it and with your Passport plugged into your PC with usb, run the autoloader .exe file. It will take about 15-20 minutes and you will have the latest OS.
    Great thank you for the link and info, I this it weird that it says it has two different os versions. Right now blackberry link identified it has a software issue that it didn't notice last night and it's performing an update now and downloading a different version of the os.

Some other software issues I have noticed with this device is the assistant does not launch with the side key, the assistant does not "listen" to voice commands, the assistant does not search at all. You can type something in the search but nothing happens. The amazon app store will not open and lastly 90% of the apps in snap do not work(my classic is great with the apps in snap).

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 07:34 AM
    Wait for your update to finish and check out your OS version. The newest is the one I posted above. Looks like you will eventually get everything sorted out. Good luck!
    10-06-16 07:45 AM
    It seems you have Link on your computer now.

First off, don't do the Zip and autoloader that the other individual mentioned. That's for someone more advanced with BlackBerry and doesn't mind putting up with the possibilities of having issues.

Back to Link though.
    There are two ways to factory reset the phone. But only one of them actually reloads the OS

1) when you first open Link, you will see an option to factory reset the phone. That one is just deletes user information and apps and sets the phone back to factory-installed settings. IT DOES NOT RELOAD THE OS.

2) in the upper corner of the first screen when opening link you will see the settings.
    If you click on settings a new window pops up and in there you will see and option to factory reset or reload OS.
    That's the one you want because it actually reloads the OS while setting the phone back to factory settings.

How to reload OS on BlackBerry Passport......

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=TNlBJ4F6

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-06-16 08:13 AM
    Thanks for all help

I installed the current software now it's telling me the phone has the protect feature and I need to log in with the BlackBerry I'd used to set the device up.!

Is there a way around this? It will not accept my BlackBerry I'd and it will not allow me to set the phone up.

I'm on hold with BlackBerry to see if they can do anything
    passport with no picture or video icons-img_20161006_092228.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 08:59 AM
    Is there a way around this? It will not accept my BlackBerry I'd and it will not allow me to set the phone up
    There is no way around this issue. It is part of the anti-theft/protect. You will have to ask the seller for the password or to remove the association of the device with Blackberry Protect.
    10-06-16 09:18 AM
    I sent my info to BlackBerry they are reviewing my info and purchase history through ebay and are going to try and remove the current BlackBerry id hopefully it works

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606) and brookie229 like this.
    10-06-16 02:14 PM

First off, don't do the Zip and autoloader that the other individual mentioned. That's for someone more advanced with BlackBerry and doesn't mind putting up with the possibilities of having issues.

Back to Link though.
    There are two ways to factory reset the phone. But only one of them actually reloads the OS

1) when you first open Link, you will see an option to factory reset the phone. That one is just deletes user information and apps and sets the phone back to factory-installed settings. IT DOES NOT RELOAD THE OS.

2) in the upper corner of the first screen when opening link you will see the settings.
    If you click on settings a new window pops up and in there you will see and option to factory reset or reload OS.
    That's the one you want because it actually reloads the OS while setting the phone back to factory settings.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=kolqi757

Posted via CB10
    Thank you I will try this after BlackBerry gets a hold of me

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 03:44 PM

Back to Link though.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=b2e7qBZt

Posted via CB10
    I think this is what the seller did before I bought the passport. Installed this older version of the os to beat the BlackBerry protect and it created a ton of software issues and glitches. After I corrected this with a fresh latest version of the os it uncovered the protect feature with the original BlackBerry ID

Interesting

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 03:48 PM
    I think this is what the seller did before I bought the passport. Installed this older version of the os to beat the BlackBerry protect and it created a ton of software issues and glitches. After I corrected this with a fresh latest version of the os it uncovered the protect feature with the original BlackBerry ID

Interesting

Posted via CB10
    If there was an old OS my guess is the seller was always using autoloaders and test OS's.
    Or they always declined any over the air updates.

Either way, the seller didn't remove the BlackBerry ID before sending it to you. Or the seller sold you a stolen phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 05:41 PM
    If there was an old OS my guess is the seller was always using autoloaders and test OS's.
    Or they always declined any over the air updates.

Either way, the seller didn't remove the BlackBerry ID before sending it to you. Or the seller sold you a stolen phone.

Posted via CB10
    The older os was installed to cover the BlackBerry protect because it was a lost or stolen phone. Completely unusable and very glitchy a lot of features didn't work. Not the complete passport experience I was looking for

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 03:11 PM
    The older os was installed to cover the BlackBerry protect because it was a lost or stolen phone. Completely unusable and very glitchy a lot of features didn't work. Not the complete passport experience I was looking for

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear this---did you contact ebay with a complaint resolution?
    10-08-16 03:50 PM
    Sorry to hear this---did you contact ebay with a complaint resolution?
    Yes just waiting on the refund

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-08-16 04:04 PM
    You still looking to get a used one?
    10-08-16 06:55 PM
    You still looking to get a used one?
    With 2 used passports having issues everything from keyboard typing to total software issues I have given up on all used for now, thank you thought I'm sure you keep your BlackBerry devices in great shape being on the forum and all.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:15 PM
    With 2 used passports having issues everything from keyboard typing to total software issues I have given up on all used for now, thank you thought I'm sure you keep your BlackBerry devices in great shape being on the forum and all.

Posted via CB10
    Don't blame you one bit for not wanting another used one!
    10-08-16 07:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Other than mine being in good and perfect working condition.

Shopblackberry.com actually has a great deal going on for new ones.
    10-08-16 09:07 PM