I love my Passport. Everyone in my family has a IPhone 6 Plus however I still prefer the Passport with its physical keyboard, long battery life and its clear wide screen.

Then after a few months my screen became loose on the right side. I could see the light shining through the opening! BLACKBERRY sent me a free return postage box and my phone went back to Toronto from Yonkers, NY for repair or replacement. They promised 7 to 10 business days to get it fixed. It ended up taking over 16 business days-close to a month. I got the phone back and I think it was a new replacement because Link identified a different phone when I did a backup. The screen was fine. Now over a week has gone by and you guessed it-the screen is lifting in the same spot as before. I refuse to part with my phone another month!-especially if i'm going to get it back and the problem doesn't get fixed anyway. Also in the interim of the last repair I had to use my wife's old IPhone 4S with its tiny screen and poor battery life and that was torture. Unless Blackberry can provide a loaner phone to me I've decided to keep the phone, loose screen and all. And my next phone will be a 6 plus. At least it can be repaired locally.

Posted via CB10
    asimzafar likes this.
    05-15-15 01:38 PM
    Ok!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    05-15-15 01:44 PM
    Send it back through your provider, they have loaners.
    05-15-15 01:44 PM
    I bought it originally from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:50 PM
    That was a reason why I departed away from my passport. BB had the worst customer service

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-15-15 01:51 PM
    I bought it originally from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't matter you can still send it back through your provider you just might have to pay rent on the loaner.

Posted on my favorite little BlackBerry Passport
    05-15-15 02:07 PM
    Then, you'll get a crapple ifoan six grand�, bend it, have it repaired, only to bend it again as well as Crack the glass because those are both default ifoan features!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 02:19 PM
    Then, you'll get a crapple ifoan six grand�, bend it, have it repaired, only to bend it again as well as Crack the glass because those are both default ifoan features!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah then I drive 5min down the street to my apple store and they replace it on the spot.. Calling BB and getting a replacement will give you ulcerative colitis from the stress inherited from their crappy customer service. I chose s6 edge as my daily driver and loving it

05-15-15 02:41 PM
    I guess if waste is your thing and having a more 'disposable' option is best for you somehow. I have a collection of BlackBerry 10 devices, they all work great, no problems at all. Guess what? If I actually have to replace one for whatever reason, I don't go to BlackBerry, I go to the service provider and they ALWAYS replace it and recycle the old one by dealing with vendors for me, or whoever the client is.
    05-15-15 06:44 PM
    The first thing a person should do is head to a forum and complain for attention? LOL wow
    web99 likes this.
    05-15-15 06:45 PM
    How are you carrying that Passport? It may be a silly question but could that be the issue?
    05-15-15 06:56 PM
    I guess if waste is your thing and having a more 'disposable' option is best for you somehow. I have a collection of BlackBerry 10 devices, they all work great, no problems at all. Guess what? If I actually have to replace one for whatever reason, I don't go to BlackBerry, I go to the service provider and they ALWAYS replace it and recycle the old one by dealing with vendors for me, or whoever the client is.
    It seems you're the exception rather than the rule, as many here in CB have reported.hardware-related issues, particularly BB10 devices.

I guess the old saying "They don't build 'em like they used to." applies to BlackBerry. Such a shame.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 05-15-15 at 07:20 PM.
    Witmen likes this.
    05-15-15 07:01 PM
    Lol why have a collection of BlackBerry's if your going to replace it through the service provider? I actually went to ATT to replace my old Q10 and they did a new software install and told me to wait 3 days before they would replace it. They wouldn't do it on the spot considering it kept rebooting itself. So as for your claim of going to the service provider.. Not necessarily true! I don't like Apple at all, but their customer service is fantastic when you run into trouble with your device.

05-15-15 07:11 PM
    Uh apple customer service is bologna!! I returned my iPad mini last week with my apple care warranty and I got a bloody refurbished iPad!

BlackBerry was so much better. I actually got a brand new unit, not a refurbished piece of junk.

NO MORE APPLE PRODUCTS!! Apple Care is a complete ripoff.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 07:18 PM
    Screw that! IPhone 6 & plus, have ****ty screens that crack way too easy. Good thing they have good service cause you will be getting to know them very well lol
    My daughter's iPhone 5s just had the vibration motor die and it's not even 2 years old yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 07:21 PM
    Screw that! IPhone 6 & plus, have ****ty screens that crack way too easy. Good thing they have good service cause you will be getting to know them very well lol
    My daughter's iPhone 5s just had the vibration motor die and it's not even 2 years old yet.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I got the Galaxy S6 edge.. I haven't looked back since! BB doesn't send you a brand new unit btw, if multi billion dollar companies like Samsung and Apple send refurbished phones what makes you think BB "who has been negative in their profit/loss ratio will" ? They send refurbished phones as well, even when I went through ATT to replace my q10 I received a refurbished phone as well. When my screen broke on my passport, "hence the irony" BB customer service told me it would be 3 weeks before they could get me a replacement unit.. No thanks!

05-15-15 07:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will defend Apple for once. I know quite a few people with the 6plus and no bending issues or cracked screens. When something goes wrong with your apple device, they fix it on the spot or replace it. Excellent customer service!!

However, you pay a very high price for the phones and over pay for extra storage. I owned one for 3 months. I absolutely hate aluminum phones.

I prefer Blackberries. Software and build quality is superb!

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter and reeneebob like this.
    05-15-15 08:26 PM
    I will defend Apple for once. I know quite a few people with the 6plus and no bending issues or cracked screens. When something goes wrong with your apple device, they fix it on the spot or replace it. Excellent customer service!!

However, you pay a very high price for the phones and over pay for extra storage. I owned one for 3 months. I absolutely hate aluminum phones.

I prefer Blackberries. Software and build quality is superb!

Posted via CB10
    Excellent customer service "sometimes". My niece went back to the Apple store for her second replacement of her 4S for a sticky home button and was 1 minute late walking to the counter to speak to her appointed genius. He told her she was late, not a priority and could sit down and wait another half hour.

She walked across the mall and bought a Galaxy S5 instead.

Apple has the convenience of brick and mortar stores, but they have their share of unhappy customers too.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-15-15 10:11 PM
    It seems you're the exception rather than the rule, as many here in CB have reported.hardware-related issues, particularly BB10 devices.

I guess the old saying "They don't build 'em like they used to." applies to BlackBerry. Such a shame.
    Zero issues with my Z10, PP and my wife's Z30. Not one of my BB10 friends and coworkers have had any hw issues.

It would seem hw issues affects only a small percentage.
    05-16-15 12:55 AM
    Haha, easy fix. I've mentioned in other threads that you can use crazy glue (cost about $2) to secure the screen. It does not effect the phone cosmetically and you won't even know there's glue there. BlackBerry uses a type of adhesive glue underneath the screen but it's not strong enough that's all.

Anyhow I had my screen glued for months now and it never lifted again. If you need help on instructions please let me know or private me.
    05-16-15 02:50 AM
    Excellent customer service "sometimes". My niece went back to the Apple store for her second replacement of her 4S for a sticky home button and was 1 minute late walking to the counter to speak to her appointed genius. He told her she was late, not a priority and could sit down and wait another half hour.

Apple has the convenience of brick and mortar stores, but they have their share of unhappy customers too.

Posted via CB10
    Had to wait a whole 30 minutes? Outrageous!

Posted via CB10
    pgg101, jmr1015 and zombiecupcake like this.
    05-16-15 03:55 AM
    Haha, easy fix. I've mentioned in other threads that you can use crazy glue (cost about $2) to secure the screen. It does not effect the phone cosmetically and you won't even know there's glue there. BlackBerry uses a type of adhesive glue underneath the screen but it's not strong enough that's all.

Anyhow I had my screen glued for months now and it never lifted again. If you need help on instructions please let me know or private me.
    Agreed on this self fix!

I did it too since I can't afford not to have my Passport for 20 to 30 days and the risk of getting another unit (regardless it is new) having other issues other than 'screen lifting'.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:44 AM
    Uh apple customer service is bologna!! I returned my iPad mini last week with my apple care warranty and I got a bloody refurbished iPad!

BlackBerry was so much better. I actually got a brand new unit, not a refurbished piece of junk.

NO MORE APPLE PRODUCTS!! Apple Care is a complete ripoff.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know it was refurbished?
    05-16-15 04:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol so the employee actually told her that "she was late and not a priority?" I find that a little hard to believe.
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-16-15 04:47 AM
    +1 on apples fast repairs and customer services. Theyve always looked after customers, phone repaired promptly or replaced and great support provided. Blackberry on the other hand are very hard to get hold of.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:22 AM
60 123