Hey everyone,

I just made the leap from the android ecosystem to BlackBerry. I purchased a BlackBerry Passport about 2 weeks ago and, while it has taken a period of adjustment, I am loving it. This is one solid phone.

I like the idea of having access to android apps. The amazon store is alright but lacking quite a few apps and the update system seems iffy. What is the best method right now for getting android apps? I've read about Snap but in older posts.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:53 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/introdu...ck-bb-1031062/ as you have already made the switch and intro yourself, I will move your thread now to the appropriate passport section...
    07-31-15 02:10 PM
    I just made the switch a couple of weeks ago myself, coming from an iphone 6, but I've also used an HTC M8. Cobalt's google play implementation as outlined in the Android sub forum has worked really well for me so far. I haven't installed a ton of Android apps, but the ones I do have installed are working really well. Some that I've installed are Pocket, Flipboard, Starbucks, Fly Delta, Wunderlist, eWallet, Bank of America and Moon+ Reader. They are all working flawlessly and I haven't seen an impact on battery. One or two of them don't close completely, but it hasn't caused battery drain and I just use device monitor to close them manually.
    07-31-15 02:33 PM
    Just download Cobalts apk files from the official thread. It's super easy I promise!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:01 PM
    Snap is what I mainly use but dabble with cobalts method sometimes

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-02-15 09:14 PM