Heya everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Bold 9900 and get a Passport, I've been looking around and I see the new ones for 569� and 575�. The same store offers a 14 day return policy, if you don't like it you bring it back. So they have some returned phones, and they are about 100� cheaper than new ones, some with 20 month warranty, and others with 23 months.

I'm looking at the used onces but when I read some "issues", about the screen lifting and the back being loose. I get doubts about the used one. What if the owner just said he wasn't happy with it, but in fact there's a problem, I'm sure they test it for about 5 minutes, and reboot the OS. But some things you don't notice within a few minutes..

My next question, is the back of the White Passport the same rubber like as the Black one?

Thanks!
    03-28-15 04:19 PM
    I'd inspect a used one and spend the least amount on the Passport. The warranty seems fair. Make sure to take care not to pocket this phone; hopefully conditions and normal use does not contribute to this warping over time!? Slight warping would cause the screen to lift, as the screen itself would not bend itself. I love my Passport but this design flaw blows! If a Passport 2 is released, hopefully this and other issues are fixed. A hard or armor case would be ideal. I just ordered the latter which appears to cover the front edges enough to overlap the screen, for a replacement Passport I should receive tomorrow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-29-15 11:27 AM
    Heya everyone,

My next question, is the back of the White Passport the same rubber like as the Black one?

Thanks!
    The back of the white passport is not rubbery. It's hard smooth plastic with kind of a matte finish.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:33 AM
    The back of the white passport is not rubbery. It's hard smooth plastic with kind of a matte finish.

Posted via CB10
    That's too bad! Does it get dirty fast?
    03-29-15 12:06 PM
    I'd inspect a used one and spend the least amount on the Passport. The warranty seems fair. Make sure to take care not to pocket this phone; hopefully conditions and normal use does not contribute to this warping over time!? Slight warping would cause the screen to lift, as the screen itself would not bend itself. I love my Passport but this design flaw blows! If a Passport 2 is released, hopefully this and other issues are fixed. A hard or armor case would be ideal. I just ordered the latter which appears to cover the front edges enough to overlap the screen, for a replacement Passport I should receive tomorrow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not putting it in my pants pocket? Where then? I never wear blouses or such :P.
    And yeah I'm "scared" that I get that problem, I had a Q10 which got replaced 5 times, and then sent for repairs 6 times so I wasn't very pleased with the BlackBerry customer service, that being said I think it was 2 years ago though.

Are there many reported cases of the screen lift?
    03-29-15 12:07 PM
    That's too bad! Does it get dirty fast?
    I don't know I haven't taken the protective plastic off yet. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 12:10 PM
    I don't know I haven't taken the protective plastic off yet. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Haha okay, I usually take it off to clean once a week . And, do you keep it in your pocket? I would be putting it in my front pocket, I wear jeans. my pants are wide enough to hold an iPad mini in it, and they go in about 2/3rd.. The iPad mini is 7.9 Inch so I think the passport won't be a problem?
    03-29-15 12:50 PM
    Haha okay, I usually take it off to clean once a week . And, do you keep it in your pocket? I would be putting it in my front pocket, I wear jeans. my pants are wide enough to hold an iPad mini in it, and they go in about 2/3rd.. The iPad mini is 7.9 Inch so I think the passport won't be a problem?
    I've only had mine since Thursday and I don't have a case for it yet so that's why the plastic is still on it.

I've read that the phone can twist if carried in a pants pocket. I won't be testing that theory myself as I'm a thin 5'4" tall woman who wears slim fit jeans to work. I don't have a pants pocket I could fit the phone in.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:03 PM
    I've only had mine since Thursday and I don't have a case for it yet so that's why the plastic is still on it.

I've read that the phone can twist if carried in a pants pocket. I won't be testing that theory myself as I'm a thin 5'4" tall woman who wears slim fit jeans to work. I don't have a pants pocket I could fit the phone in.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean with twist? And, congrats on your purchase!
    03-29-15 02:20 PM
    What do you mean with twist? And, congrats on your purchase!
    Search the forums. There are a lot of threads about the phone warping along the vertical axis from being in pockets (screen lift threads as well). Can't confirm or deny as mine is brand new, also can't confirm or deny this is the case with all of them.

I've read these threads and decided that whether this happens or not, it's a non issue for me as my phone will be in my purse.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:31 PM
    While �100 is nothing to sneeze at, I recommend against buying a used Passport. All too often you end up inheriting somebody else's issues. There's no way to tell why a particular unit was returned. Maybe the buyer simply decided it wasn't for him. But maybe there was an issue and it got replaced under warranty. Those replaced units get re-manufactured and repaired, but often the repairs are done by the carrier store, or the fix is done poorly, or not at all. They do a reset, a brief test doesn't reproduce the problem, but then the problem crops back up -- after you bought it.

I buy used devices from reputable forums, from members with good feedback, and I ask about any potential issues. Otherwise I pony up the extra �� and buy new.
    03-29-15 03:56 PM
    Thanks for all the comments, I'm gonna wait a little while and hope the passport goes down in price haha. My 9900 is still working so fingers crossed haha. Also, I've got a HUGE list of words that get replaced on the 9900 (I've got it in Dutch settings so I don't know the exact name), I think it's called 'Word Replacement'. Can I carry those words over to the passport?
    03-31-15 06:23 PM
    I bought a used one and it's been a dream! I am paranoid the previous user destroyed my battery tho...
    03-31-15 06:42 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1010381

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-31-15 06:45 PM
    Go new and opt for the blackberry care plan if available in your area.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:40 PM
    New, everything is better new. Who knows where used items have been.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:55 PM
    Well the oldest you can get is from September 2014 which isn't so bad. They are all still under warranty. The rest is up to you considering this

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:00 PM
    What is the blackberry care plan? And, can I take my added word lists and all to my Passport? Or do I have to enter about 300 replacement words again?
    04-06-15 07:33 AM
    It's fine to put in a jeans pocket (I put mine in my back pocket, and frequently wear tight jeans). No mishaps to speak of, though it would be wise never to SIT with your phone still in your pocket :P The phone is highly durable, but still very thin. A wide, thin surface is more prone to bending than a short, compact one.

ETA: also, if you happen to be a woman, myself and many others kinda just... stick our phones in our shirt, if you know what I mean. Passport fits there no problem, although looks pointy and boxy so, either way I think it's a bit awkward to "pocket" this phone. Lol

 = ♥
    04-06-15 08:34 AM
    You can actually use a small fashionable handbag or even a passport handbag.

Passport, new or used?-dsc01808.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 09:27 AM
    I don't think I'll be carrying a seperate bag with me for the phone, I'll put it in my pocket and when I sit down (aka use the phone :P) I take it out .
    04-22-15 01:45 PM
    Found a black used one for 350 usd but the protectors are still on it the charger and headphones didn't used I'm thinking of getting it .. Until summer to get the red one

CB10 - Q10
    04-22-15 04:22 PM
    Why not buy new ? On sale for $549 US all colors at shopblackberry.com

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 on Telus
    04-23-15 04:09 PM
    Why not buy new ? On sale for $549 US all colors at shopblackberry.com

I'm afraid to buy from shopbb so many people gets used phones

CB10 - Q10
    04-23-15 06:57 PM
    No problems here. Got a new factory sealed phone in 2 days. Guess I was lucky!

04-24-15 06:39 PM
26 12