Try it. See how much of the screen you can reach with the keyboard in the way and how much you can reach when you flip it upside down.

This would make one handed use much more practical and would only require a software update

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 11:54 AM
    What are you Smoking?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 11:56 AM
    As a long time physical keyboard user, I have never found one handed typing easy or useful. And I don't see the point.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK, anischab and thedose like this.
    12-26-14 11:59 AM
    The point is that some people are convinced that they are fast, quick and more efficient by answering their email or text while walking, running, waiting for bus and (heaven's forbid) driving.

But you are correct, it is actually NOT useful or easy.

As a long time physical keyboard user, I have never found one handed typing easy or useful. And I don't see the point.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-26-14 12:22 PM
    The keyboard works on mine when I type on it upside down..

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:27 PM
    I don't understand why you would want to flip a physical keyboard upside down, but certainly the touch screen phones should be able to flip upside down (Z10, Z30). Sometimes it would be more convenient to have ports on other side.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:32 PM
    So, how many of you actually tested this?

It's a fact. Not just for typing but for other uses as well. You can reach almost all of the screen upside down. Also, no one is forcing you to use it like this.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Read the OP again. When did I ever say anything about typing? Sure, that would be included but I am talking about reaching the whole screen with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Many iphone users would say the same about physical keyboards

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:42 PM
    So, how many of you actually tested this?

It's a fact. Not just for typing but for other uses as well. You can reach almost all of the screen upside down. Also, no one is forcing you to use it like this.

Posted via CB10
    Hence an 'ALL TOUCH PASSPORT! '

I tried it, yes it seems like more screen is available to you..in fact, screen is available at the bottom......but the qwerty/touchpad becomes less impactful which defeats the purpose of this type of phone.

For this type of device, I would not want the screen to rotate in the upside posistion.... the current setup is just fine.

But....AN ALL TOUCH PASSPORT would be a nice option!!!
    12-26-14 01:07 PM
    It's an interesting idea. It wouldn't hurt to add it for those few that might take advantage of it. I'd use it on occasion when I was in a pinch and had to one hand a response. IMO, it IS hard to one hand this phone. Plus, it allows you to take advantage of swiping a little easier than using the Qwerty.
    12-26-14 01:20 PM
    It's an interesting idea. It wouldn't hurt to add it for those few that might take advantage of it. I'd use it on occasion when I was in a pinch and had to one hand a response. IMO, it IS hard to one hand this phone. Plus, it allows you to take advantage of swiping a little easier than using the Qwerty.
    Thank you for actually considering my point.

This isn't for primary use, but for instance, I just had a new baby born. Try holding a baby for an extended period and do a little reading on your phone. You need one hand use.

Most of the time, it's just fine though.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:28 PM
    Thank you for actually considering my point.

This isn't for primary use, but for instance, I just had a new baby born. Try holding a baby for an extended period and do a little reading on your phone. You need one hand use.

Most of the time, it's just fine though.

Posted via CB10
    Do a little reading: use the keyboard to scroll?

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    12-26-14 02:06 PM
    Hence an 'ALL TOUCH PASSPORT! '

I tried it, yes it seems like more screen is available to you..in fact, screen is available at the bottom......but the qwerty/touchpad becomes less impactful which defeats the purpose of this type of phone.

For this type of device, I would not want the screen to rotate in the upside posistion.... the current setup is just fine.

But....AN ALL TOUCH PASSPORT would be a nice option!!!
    Like the LG Vu 3?

The point of all that horizontal real estate is for typing and processing written data like websites and PDFs...which is an environment a physical KB excels in. Having the wide display for reading websites and emails but no KB to reply quickly seems like it would alienate both sides of the entertainment and productivity markets.
    12-26-14 03:49 PM
    This is such a interesting idea. Pretending on a Z30 . It seems soo comfortable

12-26-14 03:55 PM
    This is such a interesting idea. Pretending on a Z30 . It seems soo comfortable

Ok, I don't get the point on a z30 other than ports.

I just realized my z10 won't rotate upside down. Of course ports are the only reason like if you had a short charger and needed to use it while you were plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:10 PM
    Like the LG Vu 3?
    Yep
    12-26-14 08:05 PM
    It would be a big help in Australia.

12-27-14 03:48 AM
    Ok, I don't get the point on a z30 other than ports.

I just realized my z10 won't rotate upside down. Of course ports are the only reason like if you had a short charger and needed to use it while you were plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. This. Don't know why they didn't program them this way. I have frayed a few charging cords because of the location of the ports.
    12-29-14 09:24 AM