Hi all,
    I just ordered a factory unlocked BlackBerry Passport from Amazon and will be needing a Nano SIM card from T-Mobile since I'm on a Z10 that uses a micro SIM and obviously it wont fit in the passport.

Here is what I would like to know from you guys : T-Mobile charges $10 for a nano SIM, but has anyone been able to get it for free? If so, do you have any advice on how to get it for free?
    11-25-14 10:29 PM
    Offer them your old phone ?

Joking though a new sim will probably come built in with a breakdown component which will let you put it into a micro sim again if you want to switch it out

If you really want it for free and they won't accommodate then you could cut your existing sim to fit just be careful on that one.

My new nano was free and included the adapter I mentioned above from my carrier here in the Philippines ( Globe Telecom)

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:45 PM
    Nano sim is slightly thinner than micro sim

In Squircle I Trust
    11-25-14 10:52 PM
    Sometimes (not often) if the workers in the T-mobile store are in a good mood I have gotten them to give me one without charge. Sometimes I am already buying a case or something but once or twice I have gotten a sim for free. It doesn't hurt to ask. I usually have been in there when they first open up. As the day wears on the customers tend to put them in a bad mood.
    11-25-14 10:53 PM
    Nano sim is slightly thinner than micro sim

In Squircle I Trust
    Really? Weird my nano sim came in a housing that breaks down into both nano from regular / micro almost like a puzzle. Was a identical in thickness to my old microsim.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:18 PM
    Hi all,
    I just ordered a factory unlocked BlackBerry Passport from Amazon and will be needing a Nano SIM card from T-Mobile since I'm on a Z10 that uses a micro SIM and obviously it wont fit in the passport.

Here is what I would like to know from you guys : T-Mobile charges $10 for a nano SIM, but has anyone been able to get it for free? If so, do you have any advice on how to get it for free?
    I bought it and kept moving.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-25-14 11:41 PM
    U buy a $599 phone but won't spend $10 For a nano sim?
    imcurved and Taigatrommel like this.
    11-25-14 11:46 PM
    U buy a $599 phone but won't spend $10 For a nano sim?
    Haha times are tough

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:47 PM
    Go into the TMobile store and tell them you've called the 800 number and they said they would not charge you because you've bee with then for a while

I've done this a number of times and never paid for a SIM with TMobile

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:53 PM
    Well OP still have time until his Passport arrives. Good luck OP because trust me you won't be able to wait as soon as you receive it. LOL.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-25-14 11:53 PM
    I simply asked if I could get a loyalty discount on the purchase of the SIM and the T-Mobile representative said "oh sure man, I'm not going to charge you for it "

Sweet, got it for free!
    11-26-14 04:09 PM
    When I went to my T-Mobile store, instead of having to buy a card, they trimmed my current card to a Nano card and inserted into Passport and bingo!, it worked fine. If I need to swap cards, I went on Amazon and purchased an adapter set for $1.30 and free shipping.

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU11114690

But I know if you are a long time T-Mobile customer, they will gladly accomodate you. especially if you go to the manager of the store....
    11-26-14 07:55 PM
    I cut my microSIM to the proper size, but it was a bit too thick to put in the Passport, so I slightly scratched the plastic side against sandpaper until it got a little bit thinner, and it worked perfectly.
    11-27-14 03:46 AM