With the device changer app and using my Google email address my brand new passport had all my contacts,music,pictues,video and documents available in record time. Transition was seamless. I also have found 90 percent of my favorite apps with the help of the snap side load. I was hesitant after the PlayBook fiasco, now I am happy I took the leap of faith.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:26 PM
    With the device changer app and using my Google email address my brand new passport had all my contacts,music,pictues,video and documents available in record time. Transition was seamless. I also have found 90 percent of my favorite apps with the help of the snap side load. I was hesitant after the PlayBook fiasco, now I am happy I took the leap of faith.

Posted via CB10
    Since you mention favorite apps from Snap, I'm assuming you switched from android?

Glad to hear the device switch app actually works!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:53 PM
    I did come back to blackberry from Android. The device changer is available for IOS too I just have no experience with that because I will never own an iPhone
    11-16-14 11:00 PM
    Good too ear from a new happy user!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-16-14 11:01 PM
    What was your experience Mr Hercules with iPhone? I have never thought of going to iphone because of Hub and keyboard of BB.
    11-17-14 01:10 AM
    What was your experience Mr Hercules with iPhone? I have never thought of going to iphone because of Hub and keyboard of BB.
    He said he will "never own an iphone"

Posted via CB10
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    11-17-14 01:16 AM
    I'm about 5 years into Android, a former Blackberry addict. Using Snap, will Google Hangouts work? I use it to video chat quite often. Anything else that you had with Android that you are now missing? Thanks....
    11-17-14 01:36 AM
    I will give hang outs a try and report back
    11-17-14 01:54 AM
    I had the same experience. Even almost did the update to the OS in the store itself. It was fast and great and the best thing is the actual unit is the best you could have at this point

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 02:46 AM
    I'm about 5 years into Android, a former Blackberry addict. Using Snap, will Google Hangouts work? I use it to video chat quite often. Anything else that you had with Android that you are now missing? Thanks....
    I think it's possible to get it running but you'll need to do some work first and read Cobalts Google Apps thread a couple times.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 03:30 AM
    For me the game changer was Z30. It brought me to Blackberry world. Passport is my first physical keyboard device so required some tuning but doing great now, love it even more after using iPhone 6 plus.
    It's addictive.
    11-17-14 04:50 AM