Sooo, what's the model number of the Passport Silver Edition?
    08-07-15 02:13 AM
    Sooo, what's the model number of the Passport Silver Edition?
    SQW100-4

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-07-15 05:21 AM
    Hello guys
    I have a 100-1 Passport from Amazon and I am using Digi Mobil carrier from Romania. This month my carrier will launch a 4G network using LTE band 38. Do you know how can I activate this band? Is not on official LTE band list but I've heard Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 knows band 38.
    Thanx

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 12:40 PM
    Hello guys
    I have a 100-1 Passport from Amazon and I am using Digi Mobil carrier from Romania. This month my carrier will launch a 4G network using LTE band 38. Do you know how can I activate this band? Is not on official LTE band list but I've heard Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 knows band 38.
    Thanx

Posted via CB10
    Bands 33-44 are TD-LTE, which means they're irrelevant to the vast majority of the Earth.

That said, there won't be any LTE for you on that network, on any BlackBerry.
    09-05-15 04:13 PM
    Hello, I'm planning to buy the at&t edition on ebay, but comes locked for its company.... my question is... if I buy it, will be possible to unlock it from spain (where I live) because I don't want to waste that amount of money if I won't be able to unlock it here or buying unlocking methods/codes on ebay.
    thanks
    11-05-15 04:14 AM
    Hi Mauri5io,

Yes it is possible to unlock the phone anywhere.

You just need the code.

But keep in mind it is not always guaranteed on the newer Blackberrys that a code will be available there is always a very very small chance that the code may not be available. Although the chance is very small it's still a bit of a chance to take ordering the phone and then shipping to spain and then trying to unlock it.

The best thing is if you can get the seller to provide the IMEI# of the actual unit they will be selling you ahead of time and then try ordering an unlock code(or calling AT&T and trying to get one from them) then if you get a code back from us or AT&T you know it is safe to buy the phone as you can unlock it

Email me anytime if you have questions,

PS if possible try to get the seller of the phone to unlock it as part of the deal for an easier transaction for you

Cheers!
    Hello, I'm planning to buy the at&t edition on ebay, but comes locked for its company.... my question is... if I buy it, will be possible to unlock it from spain (where I live) because I don't want to waste that amount of money if I won't be able to unlock it here or buying unlocking methods/codes on ebay.
    thanks
    Mauri5io likes this.
    11-05-15 07:35 PM
    Greetings, thank you for the info posted.

In my country Bolivia, two carriers use this configuration :
    Tigo: Band 4 (1700-2100 Mhz) and band 17 (700 Mhz)
    Entel: Band 4 (1700-2100 Mhz)

But the Original and Silver Passports don't get LTE. I tried connecting the SIM an restarting but nothing.

Appreciate some advice.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:26 PM
    Greetings, thank you for the info posted.

In my country Bolivia, two carriers use this configuration :
    Tigo: Band 4 (1700-2100 Mhz) and band 17 (700 Mhz)
    Entel: Band 4 (1700-2100 Mhz)

But the Original and Silver Passports don't get LTE. I tried connecting the SIM an restarting but nothing.

Appreciate some advice.
    It could be a provisioning issue, where the LTE APNs aren't automatically getting pushed to the phones. Try this:

Go to Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>APN and enter 4g.entel for Access Point Name (APN.) Leave username and password blank.

For Tigo, I'm not sure if they have a separate APN for LTE, but try internet.tigo.bo for APN.

Here is the source for my information: Como configurar Internet celulares Viva, Tigo y Entel: Android Bolivia. You might also want to look at it in case your MMS isn't working.
    11-16-15 05:59 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I checked the configuration according your advice.

When I plug the SIM cards the APNs are correct, I never used MMS I checked the APNs and did send a couples of messages, I verified that the configuration is correct too.

Any other advice, suggestion? Please!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:56 AM
    Would an Original Unlocked Passport from ShopBlackBerry work best on AT&T or T-Mobile? Trying to decide which network to go with.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:07 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

I checked the configuration according your advice.

When I plug the SIM cards the APNs are correct, I never used MMS I checked the APNs and did send a couples of messages, I verified that the configuration is correct too.

Any other advice, suggestion? Please!
    Hmm. Two things come to mind:

1. Does your carrier require BIS for BlackBerry phones, regardless of whether they are BB10 or older?

2. Does LTE work on older BB10 phones, like the Z10, Q10, etc? If the answer is yes, it may be a provisioning issue on the carriers' end.

Would an Original Unlocked Passport from ShopBlackBerry work best on AT&T or T-Mobile? Trying to decide which network to go with.
    Either one. TMO might end up being cheaper, but if you need better coverage, AT&T might be the one to go with. You can use WiFi calling with TMO though, which is great when traveling internationally. TMO, in general, is much more international contacts keeper/traveler-friendly.
    11-18-15 11:55 AM
    Hmm. Two things come to mind:

1. Does your carrier require BIS for BlackBerry phones, regardless of whether they are BB10 or older?
    Nop, current BlackBerries are working with normal Internet

2. Does LTE work on older BB10 phones, like the Z10, Q10, etc? If the answer is yes, it may be a provisioning issue on the carriers' end.
    Nope, z10,q10 & z30 don't support the bands used by the carriers

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 12:39 PM
    Nope, z10,q10 & z30 don't support the bands used by the carriers
    What about a Z10 STL100-3, Q10 SQN100-1 or -5? They all have LTE bands 4 and 17. Do you know of anyone with these specific phones/models, and if so, are they getting LTE?
    11-18-15 12:48 PM
    What about a Z10 STL100-3, Q10 SQN100-1 or -5? They all have LTE bands 4 and 17. Do you know of anyone with these specific phones/models, and if so, are they getting LTE?
    Didn't see those models around.

I got a dev alpha C but doesn't get LTE

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 12:56 PM
    Didn't see those models around.
    Hmm, ok. It may be that BB10 phones in general are not provisioned by your carrier for LTE (i.e. the phones show up in their system as non-LTE, generic GSM phones.) I'll PM you with something you can try.

You're absolutely sure that:

1) You live somewhere where your carrier does indeed have LTE available?
    2) You have a SIM card that's LTE capable, i.e. you haven't cut down an old, regular SIM down to a nano size, or something like that?
    Last edited by raino; 11-18-15 at 10:12 PM.
    11-18-15 09:57 PM
    Do your Passports display LTE at the top right? Or just 4G?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 01:04 PM
    Do your Passports display LTE at the top right? Or just 4G?
    That varies from carrier to carrier. US carriers, for instance, show LTE and/or 4G LTE. European and Asian carriers I believe show 4G when referring to LTE.
    11-20-15 01:16 PM
    Confirming Vodafone Hungary on 4G (LTE I believe)
    Passport Models and Supported Frequencies-img_20160112_173332.png

Posted via White Passport
    01-12-16 10:35 AM
    With the latest update my device displays 4G LTE

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    01-13-16 09:40 AM
    With the latest update my device displays 4G LTE
    Cool. Sounds like your carrier provisioned the Passport for LTE. What options do you see under Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Mode?
    01-13-16 11:16 AM
    I am happy about it.
    The options changed since the update.
    Ohh and BTW I have 2 passports from shopblackberry, they received the update last month but I thought the carrier attended my request. Yesterday others bb10 devices got the update and they display the same options, they don't even have LTE sims

Passport Models and Supported Frequencies-img_20160113_145908_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:15 PM
    Please help, going to buy a Passport (SE EDITION) and it will be unlocked. I am at a loss. I am with AT & T or cricket which is the same as owned by them. In any case, I see (or at least think) the only difference is that the t mobile variant (never thought I would say that again) can support WiFi calling or used to be able to do so and in the future may be able to do so again and is built into the system itself (all other se passports have nothing else special to mention besides them all being awesome?) so would that not be the best for me to get if have my pick of the liter? Does anyone know if it has all the bands of AT & T as in an unlocked t-mobile SE Passport, any suggestions on what type I should get?

Thanks in advance,
    Stephen
    01-20-16 03:02 AM
    Please help, going to buy a Passport (SE EDITION) and it will be unlocked. I am at a loss. I am with AT & T or cricket which is the same as owned by them. In any case, I see (or at least think) the only difference is that the t mobile variant (never thought I would say that again) can support WiFi calling or used to be able to do so and in the future may be able to do so again and is built into the system itself (all other se passports have nothing else special to mention besides them all being awesome?) so would that not be the best for me to get if have my pick of the liter? Does anyone know if it has all the bands of AT & T as in an unlocked t-mobile SE Passport, any suggestions on what type I should get?

Thanks in advance,
    Stephen
    There's no T-Mobile variant per se, because T-Mobile never sold the Passport. However, all Passport models work great on T-Mobile--including the SE. WiFi calling works only on T-Mobile though, and all it requires is that you install an OS WiFi calling works on. WFC will not work on AT&T/Cricket, but the SE is compatible with their network. All Passports are.

AT&T seems to be trialing WFC right now, and have limited it to iPhones only. Plus its implementation on AT&T is inferior than on T-Mobile (IMO.) I don't know if Cricket customers get to use WFC, or if it's just for AT&T proper.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    01-20-16 09:19 AM
    Thanks going to order a Passport SE from eBay unless find it new for $550 or so, great price IMO.

Do you know if Voxer .apk &/or CB Radio .apk work on the passport, only things I NEED!

I am on a Q-10 for the last few years. Google playstore easy to toss on there?

Thanks, Steve
    01-20-16 10:39 AM
    Do you know if Voxer .apk &/or CB Radio .apk work on the passport, only things I NEED!

I am on a Q-10 for the last few years. Google playstore easy to toss on there?
    If Voxer, CB Radio and the Play Store work on the Q10, I don't see why they wouldn't on the Passport. I would expect them to run better on the Passport because of the bumped up specs. Just to be safe, just do a search through the forums.
    01-20-16 11:34 AM
184 ... 45678