When I compare the Passport with some other phones from Samsung or Nokia I noticed that the finger slides better on these. I draw the conclusion that the Passport has not been given an oleophobic surface, at least not as good as competitors. This is strange on such a high end device and with an OS that heavily relies on gestures.

What do you think? Can you do a comparison with your phones and write how you think the Passport surface compare to other phones.
    03-11-15 04:27 PM
    I did notice it. Also the screen/camera/weight of the device etc etc is not comparable to other high end devices.
    I am hoping for a great hardware once the company advances from survival to growth in near future.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 04:45 PM
    I did notice one thing that is better than my iPhone 5. Audio quality is way better on passport with my shure headphones.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 04:51 PM
    Boy, are we nit-picking? No complaints here!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 04:56 PM
    I did notice it. Also the screen/camera/weight of the device etc etc is not comparable to other high end devices.
    I am hoping for a great hardware once the company advances from survival to growth in near future.

Posted via CB10
    You actually think the Passport is not a good piece of hardware? Nonsense. I think your expectations may be set way too high.

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    03-11-15 09:37 PM
    it's gorilla glass 3.
    03-11-15 11:31 PM
    You must have some faulty models because the SQW100-1 that I had was silky smooth, so much so that I took off the screen protector I bought for it and decided to use it completely naked!

The oleophobic coating was amazing, fingerprints would only show up if I had really sweaty fingers, and even then they would wipe off by themselves after time (as with most oleophobically coated screens).
    03-12-15 12:22 AM
    You must have some faulty models because the SQW100-1 that I had was silky smooth, so much so that I took off the screen protector I bought for it and decided to use it completely naked!

The oleophobic coating was amazing, fingerprints would only show up if I had really sweaty fingers, and even then they would wipe off by themselves after time (as with most oleophobically coated screens).
    Agree. All of my 2 shop BlackBerry passports and my 1 att passport have a better oleophobic coating that my iphone 6 plus did out of box

Posted via CB10
    thedose and beamolite like this.
    03-12-15 12:27 AM
    ...or you just get a screen protector....
    03-12-15 12:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    The screen is clear and smooth. What weight issue? It's a little heftier than some of the other devices I've used, but not where it's an issue. BTW, I take pictures to illustrate my blog posts. The Passport isn't a professional photographers' camera, but it'll do in a pinch. And who in their right mind wants a pro camera built in? Most people don't know much beyond point and shoot.
    03-12-15 11:53 AM
    Ok, time to close this thread with another thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...en-me-1005923/
    03-12-15 12:07 PM
    You actually think the Passport is not a good piece of hardware? Nonsense. I think your expectations may be set way too high.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately apple has set the expectations too high

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 03:17 PM
    LMAO, BlackBerry Passport screen is second to none. The hardware is fantastic. Crapple? Nah. I'm good.

Posted via CB10
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV and thedose like this.
    03-12-15 04:21 PM
    I agree... silky smooth & so much so it can be hard to stay still long enough for long press to kick out dialogs...
    04-18-15 04:52 PM