Far and away, best phone I've ever had.

Period.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 and ratfinkstooley like this.
    10-01-16 04:06 AM
    I am thinking of getting the Passport SE. It won't be around for long and at $299 that is about the best you will find it. I don't know if I could use BB10 on a regular basis anymore (I am so dependent on Apps) but it would be nice to break out every now and then like you said
    You can't sell the Dtek and cover any slight difference?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 04:23 AM
    That'll nag the mind for a long time until you finally cave in and buy it. Lol.
    Hopefully it will be around when you finally pull the trigger
    10-01-16 07:42 AM
    You can't sell the Dtek and cover any slight difference?

Posted via CB10
    I think you meant this for the person who just bought the DTEK. If I was them, I would just save up and buy it and keep the DTEK. The DTEK is the future, the Passport is the past. It is strictly Nostalgia at this point.
    10-01-16 07:45 AM
    It's outstanding. Physical keyboard, design, experience... Sometimes I think that it's the best but there are two reasons that don't allow me do that. The OS and apps. For example, phone works perfectly for a month but... I can't do anything - I simply don't have an access (I can't even access Escreen). Another disadvantage is the IDE. I can't deploy my code to the phone, "password includes non-ASCII characters". A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _ Wtf?
    10-01-16 08:05 AM
    I am sure this issue has been beaten to death somewhere on the forums, but do people think that BB will continue to support BB10? I know that there will be no more apps made, but will they continue to update the devices on some level? Or are all the features going to slowly stop working and eventually you will just have a dead brick?

I
    10-01-16 08:07 AM
    Is the thread title supposed to read "Passport may be the best phone" lol

 Classically Posted ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-01-16 08:25 AM
    It's outstanding. Physical keyboard, design, experience... Sometimes I think that it's the best but there are two reasons that don't allow me do that. The OS and apps. For example, phone works perfectly for a month but... I can't do anything - I simply don't have an access (I can't even access Escreen). Another disadvantage is the IDE. I can't deploy my code to the phone, "password includes non-ASCII characters". A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _ Wtf?
    I can access eScreen just fine with Browsie Browser on my Z30 and Q10.

I can access, do and send all of my company's works (rev.com) with the same browser. Just as well with the PayPal and my bank.

I can edit my works as long as they're strictly textual without complicated formatting, tables and whatnot (these and image manipulations I do on my laptop--I'm not that crazy doing it all on a smartphone, thank you very much), I can arrange my schedules with the default calendar in-sync with Google's, do voice and video conference with clients over BBM--or LINE if I have to (but no Skype. Nu-uh), I keep all of my notes and plans and diary and story drafts on Remember AND Evernote (these days I do many things on Evernote, though, so I can pull them off from anywhere at any time on any device).

That's just off the top of my head. Obviously I LOVE the Hub and the default File Manager as well. Totally indispensable.

I put facebook and whatever android on their place, on an android device.

Quite frankly, I have very little reason to ever leave BB10. The default features alone are more than enough to help me do my job and daily functions.
    adiguna80 likes this.
    10-01-16 08:55 AM
    I have had the passport for just under a year and it is the best phone I have ever had. I have recently had the opportunity to us both the older galaxy 4 and 6 and the new iPhone 7 and the typing experience of the passport is so much better on the passport. The app gap has not been a problem except for using pay pal here with the card swiped, which works about 50% of the time on the passport. BB10, with the hub is just so easy to use. I love the passport.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-01-16 10:44 AM
    I have to agree with most people. The passport is the best phone I've ever used and I've used many. I've come to accept where bb10 is and as long as my browsers doing what I need it to, I won't be leaving.

Also debating picking up the se at the current price to have as a back up incase my og black goes bad. Decisions are getting hard.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    10-02-16 04:38 PM
    I own a black Passport. Great device. Has great potential to develop a following: BlackBerry should seriously consider issuing Passport 2, 3, 4... in the future.
    10-03-16 12:31 AM
    Please do share, where did you buy it for that price?

Posted via CB10
    Fire sale on Vente Du Diable, a French dotcom that mostly sells high tech equipment. Sale still running by the way for those interested in a great deal on the PP SE. Brand new, azerty keyboard.
    10-03-16 12:42 AM
    Just purchased one plus 3.
    With a heavy heart I am saying Goodbye BB.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-03-16 03:06 AM
    Fire sale on Vente Du Diable, a French dotcom that mostly sells high tech equipment. Sale still running by the way for those interested in a great deal on the PP SE. Brand new, azerty keyboard.
    Thanks. It seems they will have the next patch available tomorrow morning at 7 o'clock French time; remains to be seen whether shipping within EU is possible...

Edit: Okay so it won't be possible; they only deliver to France, Monaco, Belgium and Luxembourg.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Critical Observer; 10-03-16 at 10:14 AM.
    10-03-16 10:04 AM
    Anyone spotting similar deals with other vendors, please post here; I would buy this one right now but they don't ship anywhere except FRA/BEL/LUX.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 02:08 AM
    The Passport is a good phone but nowhere near as good as a lot of people are saying. I also use and LG G4 which I find is faster in all aspects. Faster when browsing, opening and using apps, the camera is far better, I could go on. Where my passport is better is when typing and battery life. I read people on here saying the lack of apps isn't a problem as they don't use many. Unfortunately most people do and I am one of those people. I need whatsapp as all of my family, friends and work colleagues all use it. I also need Salesforce1 for work which is incompatible with my device! Yes I like the Passport but can't use it as my standalone mobile phone. Sad but very true.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 05:21 AM
    The Passport is a good phone but nowhere near as good as a lot of people are saying. I also use and LG G4 which I find is faster in all aspects. Faster when browsing, opening and using apps, the camera is far better, I could go on. Where my passport is better is when typing and battery life. I read people on here saying the lack of apps isn't a problem as they don't use many. Unfortunately most people do and I am one of those people. I need whatsapp as all of my family, friends and work colleagues all use it. I also need Salesforce1 for work which is incompatible with my device! Yes I like the Passport but can't use it as my standalone mobile phone. Sad but very true.

Posted via CB10
    So what you're saying is that the Passport isn't good for YOU. YOU need apps so you need a phone that does apps. To some on here the Passport is a great phone and just as good as they say.

You can't compare your usage and needs to what someone else needs. I personally don't use a lot of apps, so BB10 is great for me.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-04-16 08:33 AM
    So what you're saying is that the Passport isn't good for YOU. YOU need apps so you need a phone that does apps. To some on here the Passport is a great phone and just as good as they say.

You can't compare your usage and needs to what someone else needs. I personally don't use a lot of apps, so BB10 is great for me.

It's not just me. By their very nature, smartphones exist in an app driven world. Without apps then they are not smartphones. The Passport is a great phone but aside from the dearth of apps I find it slow compared to my LG G4. That has nothing to do with my useage. Unfortunately due to the lack of take up for BB10 there is a huge lack of app development. This obviously has become a huge problem for BlackBerry hence the switch to Android and now outsourcing hardware. It's a shame but true all the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 08:46 AM
    Agree, I love this phone

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 09:29 AM
    Everything is downhill after the BlackBerry Passport.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    10-04-16 09:33 AM
    Although owning a Priv, Passport is still my favourite phone

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 09:50 AM
    I have my second coming in the mail love the se passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 09:58 AM
    It's really a shame at how one of the best smartphones ever made, didn't get the attention it deserved. I'm sticking with mine till the end.

Posted via the king of smartphones. The Passport.
    10-04-16 10:11 AM
    It's really a shame at how one of the best smartphones ever made, didn't get the attention it deserved. I'm sticking with mine till the end.

Posted via the king of smartphones. The Passport.
    I agree. Even though I use the Classic as my daily driver, I can appreciate my Red Passport. It's a beast of a phone. My goal is to have all the colors of the Passport and Classic as soon as the price drops to more wholesale level type prices.

10-04-16 10:58 AM
    Best spec'ed BB10 phone. That's as far as it goes.

*C5303
    10-04-16 11:02 AM
64 123