Hello everyone

I have purchased my Passport in Feb 2015, and it has performed beautifully up until about 2 months ago when the main camera suddenly stopped focusing. There is no range that will yield a sharp image (from mountainsides to macro shots). I am unsure if it was related to an OS update, but it did fail around 2 updates ago. I did experience the flickering green screen when using the camera a while back but I resolved that by rebooting the phone when necessary (rarely). One or two updates afterwards the problem never repeated again.

Note: the front camera works properly

Some background information:
    • Purchased Unlocked on Amazon.com directly (no 3rd party) for $500 (did not buy an Amazon warranty, I don't recall seeing one)
    • Since day one, the phone has been in a silicon & hard case. I even retained the original screen film
    • The phone's condition is pristine
    • I've been using this memory card, a 64GB Lexar
    • I have installed SNAP
    • The phone has been used strictly for business, with the only non-BlackBerry apps being Steam, Podcast Republic, Skype, Trillian, WhatsApp, Reddit In Motion, Twitter, iDrive, Norton Identity Safe, two card storage apps, and a few PC game authenticator apps
    • This phone never had encryption enabled

What I Tried (and failed)
    1. Removed every app that did not come with the device (except SNAP)
    2. An app called Open Camera which I thought can force the focus. I did not buy the app which offers manual focus
    3. Ran BBVE

I'm assuming the next step would be to wipe the phone and reset it back to factory defaults. Are there any possible complications from this? I have backed up the phone via BB Link and iDrive.

Here are the important questions:
    1. If the phone reset resolves the issue, can recover my data from the backup without upgrading the OS?
    2. If the reset does not resolve the issue, would the only solution be to RMA the phone?
    3. What is the general opinion of the BlackBerry RMA process?
    4. Would BlackBerry RMA send back a refurbished unit? I did buy my phone brand new, after all. The refurb I ordered via Amazon beforehand had a broken pixel (would stay brighter than rest of pixels)
    5. How long would it take for BlackBerry to resolve this via RMA?
    6. If I bought a Z30, would my calendar data transfer? In case the phone needs to be sent out, I'll need a backup device
    7. If not the Z30, what would be a better BB to buy until the Passport issue is resolved?
    11-08-15 06:04 PM
    I thought all BlackBerry phones come with a 1-year warranty? Maybe try calling BlackBerry? If restoring the phone to factory defaults doesn't work, it's definitely a hardware issue.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    11-09-15 12:58 AM
    Ye! It's fully hardware issue. Got same problem. Lens have stuck after shot. Try to shake hard the phone. It helped for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:11 AM
    Tried shaking and slapping the phone. No luck yet. I have some other ideas

*bump because I hope my other questions are answered

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssues-1021429/

Try this thread, perhaps it helps you.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:42 PM
    That is under the assumption I never took any properly focused photos. I took over a thousand without this silly method

No, it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:56 PM
    So no big-hitters on Crackberry that have any experience in answering my questions about the RMA process?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:40 AM