Good evening everyone,

I recently purchased the Lucrin Notched case for the BlackBerry Passport. I have had my eye on this since last Thanksgiving when it first popped up here, but only recently decided to pull the trigger.

I ordered the tan case with white stitching on the 12th of May; it was custom made and shipped out on the 18th of May. It reached my home in the States on the 20th of May via FedEx (followed by a week to forward from the States to my current location), so assuming you go with a custom design, you are looking at a little over a week for delivery. Total cost was about $95.

First of all a little background: I used a KRUSELL case for my Q10, which was awesome because it protected the phone while I rocked it naked. I was looking for something of similar high quality for my new Passport, because, while I love the Amzer case, I want to rock it naked. Here's my old setup:

And now, the Lucrin case with my Passport:

The best thing about this case is that I can see the notification light without having to remove the phone from the sleeve. I tried to capture that in the pictures, but couldn't time the camera correctly . Great, quality sleeve made of real leather ... if you have the money, I strongly recommend it. The only thing I would change is that I would add a small pocket/sleeve on the back of the case for credit cards / identification, but I think the KRUSELL case spoiled me in that regard.

For an additional fee, you can have a custom engraving (or stamp, or whatever it's called that they do to leather) made, but obviously I chose not to go this route.
    BergerKing, GeoK and Ninavi like this.
    05-30-15 07:41 PM
    I think you might have missed it by a hair pin... I just found this on their website:
    Passport Lucrin Notched Case mini-review.-screenshot.png

Could it be what you were looking for?
    06-01-15 02:34 AM
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that it is generally a bad idea to put together Credit Cards with smartphones? Potentially damaging the magnetic strips or some such--not quite sure...
    06-01-15 02:47 AM
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that it is generally a bad idea to put together Credit Cards with smartphones? Potentially damaging the magnetic strips or some such--not quite sure...
    this is true but a lot of cases nowadays have the protective film within the case to protect your cards from being demagnetized.
    06-01-15 04:11 AM
    Actually, the bad thing about having your Passport and credit cards all together in one case is > if you lost your credit card, you lost your Passport and if you lost your Passport, you lost your credit card too...

If they are stored separately, the chances of losing them both at the same time is slim... unless you are being held up against your will with a gun pointing at you...

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz likes this.
    06-01-15 07:14 AM
    Actually, the bad thing about having your Passport and credit cards all together in one case is > if you lost your credit card, you lost your Passport and if you lost your Passport, you lost your credit card too...

If they are stored separately, the chances of losing them both at the same time is slim... unless you are being held up against your will with a gun pointing at you...

Posted via CB10
    Too true. Lol!
    06-01-15 08:14 AM
    this is true but a lot of cases nowadays have the protective film within the case to protect your cards from being demagnetized.
    Now, how do we tell if a case has the protective film within? I've never seen one, honestly. And more importantly, does it really protect the cards at all? How do we tell?

06-01-15 08:17 AM
    Now, how do we tell if a case has the protective film within? I've never seen one, honestly. And more importantly, does it really protect the cards at all? How do we tell?

I thought phone demagnetising a credit card is just a myth. Sure it can demagnetize low coercivity card like hotel key cards but with high coercivity card like credit cards, it's is very unlikely that can happen because the magnet in the phone is rather weak. Something like a refrigerator magnet might wipe the data though.

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    06-01-15 09:37 AM
    That's really nice looking and seems nicely made!!
    06-01-15 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree,which is why I'm optimistic for a Blackberry Mobile Payment Solution comparable to Samsung Pay.
    12-15-15 09:31 AM
    I thought phone demagnetising a credit card is just a myth. Sure it can demagnetize low coercivity card like hotel key cards but with high coercivity card like credit cards, it's is very unlikely that can happen because the magnet in the phone is rather weak. Something like a refrigerator magnet might wipe the data though.

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    Well, carry your hotel card in your smartphone case when you go to the pool. You won't be able to get back into your room...

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-15 08:46 AM
    I have one for week-ends. Happy with it.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-15 08:47 AM